Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Replacing the ceramic insert on a 11610 Arf submariner - help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing the ceramic insert on a 11610 Arf submariner - help

HI guys,
    i ordered a ceramic insert for my Arf Submariner 116610 but when i removed the bezel i discovered that the insert is one piece with the bezel, or at least is what i think so maybe i've to order another piece and not this one....is it right?

plus i can't reattach the old bezel, can someone explain me how to do?i can't feel the clack of the bezel when attached and it doesn.'t stay in place

there's a little spring on the right of the watch as you can see in the pictures...

https://picr.me/image/PsIXQ
    https://picr.me/image/PsyIA
    https://picr.me/image/PsCxf

https://picr.me/image/PsTzL
    Last edited by GregH; 21-11-18, 14:37.

insert is held in bezel by a friction ring as per gen so can be removed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post
        HI guys,
        i ordered a ceramic insert for my Arf Submariner 116610
        What insert did you order? Is it a gen?

Comment

Wow thank you for the help guys you were wonderful! i think the problem was the friction ring! i'll try asap and let you know.
          No the insert was from another arf, and it has a significative better pearl on the top

Comment

Where did you find the insert?

Comment

Hey man,
              In order to remove the insert from the bezel.. you need to very carefully slide a razor blade under the bezel and gently work it around in between the bezel ring and the insert. Ceramic inserts are held in place by adhesive. On reps is it usually a 3M double stick tape. You will need another piece or some gorilla glue to put the new one in. It is important that you get some Acetone and remove all of the old adhesive so the new one lays nice and flat. Install the bezel ring first, before you try and put the insert in. If you put the insert in first, you are just begging to crack it when you press the bezel back on. It is much more difficult to line up as well. Make sure you don’t crimp or stretch that delryn gasket, that needs to fit into the groove in the retaining ring once installed. If you crimp it or are not even when you put the bezel back on, your bezel wont sit flat or seat correctly. Put the insert on last with a new pice of double stick tape or crazy glue so you can line up the pearl. If you use crazy glue... put it in a little cup first and paint some on with a toothpick or something similar so you dont put too much. You only need like 4-5 small dots. Don’t let it get too heavy or you will have to clean it off your insert, or possibly glue the bezel to the case.

Good luck man

Comment

Originally posted by Jonj480 View Post
                Hey man,
                In order to remove the insert from the bezel.. you need to very carefully slide a razor blade under the bezel and gently work it around in between the bezel ring and the insert. Ceramic inserts are held in place by adhesive. On reps is it usually a 3M double stick tape. You will need another piece or some gorilla glue to put the new one in. It is important that you get some Acetone and remove all of the old adhesive so the new one lays nice and flat. Install the bezel ring first, before you try and put the insert in. If you put the insert in first, you are just begging to crack it when you press the bezel back on. It is much more difficult to line up as well. Make sure you don’t crimp or stretch that delryn gasket, that needs to fit into the groove in the retaining ring once installed. If you crimp it or are not even when you put the bezel back on, your bezel wont sit flat or seat correctly. Put the insert on last with a new pice of double stick tape or crazy glue so you can line up the pearl. If you use crazy glue... put it in a little cup first and paint some on with a toothpick or something similar so you dont put too much. You only need like 4-5 small dots. Don’t let it get too heavy or you will have to clean it off your insert, or possibly glue the bezel to the case.

Good luck man
                arf inserts are not held in by adhesive

Comment

Good luck man
                  Thanks!!!

Originally posted by lukedh45622 View Post

arf inserts are not held in by adhesive
                  well this one has adhesive on the bezel, and i'm sure it's an arf submariner ...

Comment

Hey man,

Good luck man
                    Nice write-up.
                    http://www.cigaraficionado.com

https://www.tudorwatch.com

If it floats , flies or fucks it's probably cheaper to rent!

Comment

Can anybody confirm if ARF is a friction fit or is it secured with double sided tape as per NOOB / VRF etc.?

Comment

It is definitely friction fit

Comment

If adhesive is present can it be introduced to heat to try and remove without removing complete bezel assembly? I am trying to remove one from my dssd. Thanks

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
                          Blown up for Raquel Welch.
                          But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Comment

There's a thread somewhere recommending a hairdryer and a razor blade to remove an insert - not sure if that would work on an ARF, but it worked on my VRF.

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post
                              If adhesive is present can it be introduced to heat to try and remove without removing complete bezel assembly? I am trying to remove one from my dssd. Thanks

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
                              Blown up for Raquel Welch.
                              But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey
                              It can but the movement should really be removed first. That kind of heat is not good for it, it will cook and congeal any lubricants that might be left. It would be especially detrimental if the movement had been recently serviced, or had a decent amount of oils remaining.
                              We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                              BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

Comment

Working...
                              X