• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT 116710BLNR - Batman - where to get a gen or gen like bezel ?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I ordered one of these as well. USD plating is around $136 (US) so it’s not too expensive but by the time it’s plated and done it’ll be a $170 insert. I’ll give it a try when the insert shows up.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...a-gen-or-gen-like-bezel?p=7280861#post7280861

Great! If it turns out well you might end up with a nice little side business going on. With a clear lacquer topcoat I can see paint being a viable alternative to plating. I never touch my bezels intentionally anyway except to realign them if it gets nudged over.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Actually I meant I’ll send my bezel off to be plated. If you want to try the paint mod I did on my gold Sub, I can try it on one of yours.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Actually I meant I’ll send my bezel off to be plated. If you want to try the paint mod I did on my gold Sub, I can try it on one of yours.

OK, I misunderstood. Have you asked USD if he can plate a shallow marker insert?

I might send you one to try. Do you think it's worth the attempt?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
it sure worked on the BP gold Sub I had. The spray from the airbrush is super fine and will cover evenly but won’t fill the engraving. I’d say it’s worth a try. PM me if you’re interested.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just did a paint mod on my Noob Batman insert to tide me over til my aftermarket insert arrives. It just highlights the ugly lines at the transitions. Ewww

15437817992311.jpg

15437817990080.jpg

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
That pretty much looks like ass. Wonder why it’s like that?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That pretty much looks like ass. Wonder why it’s like that?

It appears to be a side effect of merging the 2 insert halves together. Not sure how they do it, maybe they are baked together under lateral pressure and some material is forced up at the joints. It is too uniform to be an adhesive ooze.

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
Dose any one know what the average price for gen assembly insert bezel for batman?

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
It is really difficult to get a gen one, you can ask: d39918 he got a full gen batman bezel for sale...

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
Around $1800 - $2500

Correct, ...if you get one ;-)) But if you do a gen bezel für that price you need to do min. gen hands, dial, datewheel crystal too, that will be the half of an gen, and you still have just a fake with a Chinese movement inside... add another 2500$ for a 3186 and you almost at the price for a gen. Batman franken is no real deal because the gen parts a too expensive.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Have a genuine complete Bezel for sale in case anyone is interested.

Sent from the RWI App

What's the procedure like for a complete bezel swap if you have the gen parts over to a Noob? I've read somewhere that the retaining ring needs to be sanded down. But is that also the case if you just to a complete transfer? And could you just put the entire Noob bezel assembly to a gen watch?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
One should really have proper tools to remove the bezel assembly from the watch head. I did succeed in removing a bezel assembly from a Hulk using a case knife and some hard flexible plastic pry tools, but trust me you don't want to go there.

Once it's removed, the nylon gasket that fits in a groove in the bezel is visible. Check it for uniformity to make sure it's not been deformed. It can be lightly sanded to restore its proper shape if necessary. This is the item that must be reused with a gen bezel assembly if you do not also get one with the gen assembly. One member documented having to cut out about 1/8 inch of the rep nylon gasket to then use it with the gen assembly. See the linked post below.

Make sure you press the bezel assembly back onto the watch head BEFORE affixing the new insert. Pressing an insert is a sure way to crack it.

If you are just replacing the insert and not the bezel, you CAN try to pry it up with the bezel still installed. Applying heat will help loosen the adhesive. Apply the heat from the side, aimed up and away from the case as much as possible. Heat will dry out watch lubricants. The insert is held in with a ring of strong double sided tape. You can buy these tape rings from WSO on ebay to adhere the new insert.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/7195798-gmt-master-ii-bezel-replacement

f3T4K.jpg

f37Ge.jpg

f3NTo.jpg

f3lEI.jpg

f3FCL.jpg

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I’m wondering how silver sharpee marker mod would look on those custom inserts.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’m wondering how silver sharpee marker mod would look on those custom inserts.

I will probably try a paint mod on mine just to see, although I have not been successful on a shallow cutout insert yet. The Noob insert was a breeze to paint mod, real shame about the ugly lines. Sharpie might be OK. Airbrush mod or plat mod, something should work.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
One should really have proper tools to remove the bezel assembly from the watch head. I did succeed in removing a bezel assembly from a Hulk using a case knife and some hard flexible plastic pry tools, but trust me you don't want to go there.

Once it's removed, the nylon gasket that fits in a groove in the bezel is visible. Check it for uniformity to make sure it's not been deformed. It can be lightly sanded to restore its proper shape if necessary. This is the item that must be reused with a gen bezel assembly if you do not also get one with the gen assembly. One member documented having to cut out about 1/8 inch of the rep nylon gasket to then use it with the gen assembly. See the linked post below.

Make sure you press the bezel assembly back onto the watch head BEFORE affixing the new insert. Pressing an insert is a sure way to crack it.

If you are just replacing the insert and not the bezel, you CAN try to pry it up with the bezel still installed. Applying heat will help loosen the adhesive. Apply the heat from the side, aimed up and away from the case as much as possible. Heat will dry out watch lubricants. The insert is held in with a ring of strong double sided tape. You can buy these tape rings from WSO on ebay to adhere the new insert.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/7195798-gmt-master-ii-bezel-replacement

f3T4K.jpg

f37Ge.jpg

f3NTo.jpg

f3lEI.jpg

f3FCL.jpg

Very insightful post, thanks a lot! I also thought it's always a good idea to hire a professional if you're not very experienced.

Reactions: KJ2020

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The GMT watches never seem to want to go back together easily. It’s always a fight, or has been with me. I send them out to a pro to get done. Subs on the other hand aren’t so much of a problem.

Reactions: KJ2020

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
T for diamonds also there is a guy on ig selling gen bat man and hulk parts .He is from canada.also there is a gen bat man bezel assembly and insert on chrono

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The one on chrono24 must have sold. Wonder how much it was?