• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I bought a TT Parnis DJ for $104

Dusk

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/14
Gulf Coast of Florida
Before I get a :ban:eek:r brigged there was method to my madness. I wanted to live with a two tone 36mm 'datejust' on a jubilee before buying a peicey Franken or spending $4-5k on a gen.

I've only just had it delivered and sized the bracelet and I'm undecided at this point. I'm used to 40mm+ and it would be a lot of cash to put down on a size I didnt suit.

the myota movement is hacking but really does feel like crap to set I thought it wasn't windable at first as the crown seemed to be changing date in the first position but I engaged manual wind after a few tries.

bracelet feels ok. Pretty much like a classic rolex bracelet which feel light and cheap to me. I've had much worse rep bracelets though. On one of the end links it looks like come one has repaired it with a blowtorch I have no idea what's going on there.

hidden clasp was nice but I was kind of hoping for a fold over true to datejust. The bracelet was easy to adjust. I took out 2 links for my 7.25" wrist.

the dial and case are nice for what it is. Strong sunburst affect well aligned. They added white dots instead of lume dots though. Lume must have cost too much!

so there we have it. A cheapie $104 homage from China. It's no ARF but I've had much worse reps over the years.

I wonder if a gen tapestry would fit... :pinch:

Reactions: bbphrog

bbphrog

Mythical Poster
Supporter
10/10/09
Plains Township, PA
Before I get a :ban:eek:r brigged there was method to my madness. I wanted to live with a two tone 36mm 'datejust' on a jubilee before buying a peicey Franken or spending $4-5k on a gen.

I've only just had it delivered and sized the bracelet and I'm undecided at this point. I'm used to 40mm+ and it would be a lot of cash to put down on a size I didnt suit.

the myota movement is hacking but really does feel like crap to set I thought it wasn't windable at first as the crown seemed to be changing date in the first position but I engaged manual wind after a few tries.

bracelet feels ok. Pretty much like a classic rolex bracelet which feel light and cheap to me. I've had much worse rep bracelets though. On one of the end links it looks like come one has repaired it with a blowtorch I have no idea what's going on there.

hidden clasp was nice but I was kind of hoping for a fold over true to datejust. The bracelet was easy to adjust. I took out 2 links for my 7.25" wrist.

the dial and case are nice for what it is. Strong sunburst affect well aligned. They added white dots instead of lume dots though. Lume must have cost too much!

so there we have it. A cheapie $104 homage from China. It's no ARF but I've had much worse reps over the years.

I wonder if a gen tapestry would fit... :pinch:

In spite of some of its flaws, your PARNIS DJ is a real looker!

dave

Reactions: Dusk

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
Subscribed - looking forward to your size thoughts... Same size wrist, same gen DJ consideration.

Dusk

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/14
Gulf Coast of Florida
Isnt it super thick?

Honestly it doesn't wear thick or 'top heavy' like some reps. I was in the ad today looking at 2 gold dial two tones and youd be hard pressed to tell them apart at a glance or from more than arms length. That's a big claim I know but I held them all in my hand today and that's what I took away from it.

Dusk

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/14
Gulf Coast of Florida
Subscribed - looking forward to your size thoughts... Same size wrist, same gen DJ consideration.

So quite a surprise here but I've decided not to go for the rolex but not based on its dimensions. I found it more than acceptable on my wrist size after a few hours wear. The reason I decided not to go for it is it's far too flashy for me. The watch in its self as an object is beautiful and it looks awesome on the wrist. The watch in conjunction to ME is wrong however. I'm a smelly fishing and car guy, shorts and t shirt type person and it doesn't go right imho. I'll stick with my seamaster and submariner type watches plus my beat up seikos for now.

Reactions: minty007

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
So quite a surprise here but I've decided not to go for the rolex but not based on its dimensions. I found it more than acceptable on my wrist size after a few hours wear. The reason I decided not to go for it is it's far too flashy for me. The watch in its self as an object is beautiful and it looks awesome on the wrist. The watch in conjunction to ME is wrong however. I'm a smelly fishing and car guy, shorts and t shirt type person and it doesn't go right imho. I'll stick with my seamaster and submariner type watches plus my beat up seikos for now.

Yeah, I prefer the Submariner type over the DJ styles as well. I seem to be growing more casual as I grow older. :)