• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126711 CHNR build.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Sharing my 126711 CHNR build.

Thanks to all the members on here who have helped me with my builds, from input suggestions and parts.

base watch: GMF 126711 ichs
Movement: Tickleshoes built 3185
hands: gen chnr rg hands
dial : GMF with adjusted marker
case: Noob gmt case v8
bracelet : I chose a all ss jubilee gmt bracelet. There is no great two tone bracelets imo and I wanted a reason for it to look ok with something else. I figured the jubilee would make a good touch, and I always wanted one. I had to use the noob case due to endlink fitment. A huge warning to anyone buys this case. They used yatch master end links. Which means it won’t accept gen gmt 78200 bracelets.
Bezel: GMF insert and bezel with gen crystal ring, clutch and click spring
Crown: sourcing gen.

Stock watch with only mod rubber B strap. Seen with Rep Rubber B Strap the day I got it. I can post more photos if requestion of how it looked as is from gmf.

2M24K.jpg

The watch actually looked pretty good once I received it, the bezel is the best looking two tone rep bezel I’ve layed my eyes on. Rose gold looked great, minus link ends not being wrapped.

dial was a 8/10 mainly because the 12 o clock marker was not straight. Should of caught in QC but hate breaking the TD chops on this.

Ordered a Gen Crystal from TRF.
Came in lighting fast, at a great price as well

2MsCL.jpg

Gen Hands Arrived.

2MPGe.jpg

I sent off the dial and hands to Tickleshoes and spoke to him about building one of his unique 3185s using a Yuki base with gen parts for make a 85. He did a fantastic job. I get it back soon and can not wait to see it in person. As stated I sent the dial and hands to him as the gmf dial is ETA feet I had him install the gmf and press hands on. Always get nervous when installing gen hands.

2MnEI.jpg

2MMTo.jpg

Jubilee GMT bracelet

i am tossing the idea around of pulling apart the bracelet and having the middle links gold plated.

or maybe just use the two tone clasp. Not sure yet, will know more once I put it together.

2MU9r.jpg

currently waiting for everything to arrive will update the build as it progresses .

If anyone has any questions about the base watch or any questions about the process ask away.

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Looks insane, I just need to know how the hell you found gen hands for this relatively brand new watch.

PS- I agree, does not look that bad out of the box. What a great piece.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
looks fantastic my friend. cannot wait to see finished project

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Very nice work! Been wanting to do a Yuki gmt based watch for some time myself. Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Another masterpiece in the making bro! So, is it CHS now, hard to tell in the pic with gen hands. Who adjusted your marker, that's a skill I haven't mastered yet. I like the jubilee, but I would definitely plate the center links and do a two tone clasp - that would really finish it off nicely.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Very nice build. Puts mine to shame! I have put a gen DWO in my GMF and will put a prof xtal on it. You don't want to get a BP wrapped bracelet?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
doing dial work, tickle has the watch again in order to swap new dial in.

im sorry for delays, but it’s hard sourcing some of the parts needed. Will update soon :)

Hey bro, I know you were thinking about plating a jubilee bracelet for this project. I came across this and thought you might want to have a look. I sourced an ARF oyster by itself and it fits nearly all my watches, rep and gen, plus as you know their quality is high.

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_89&products_id=18510

slashFAslash

21/7/18
That's a really cool build mate, looking forward to the results. Really liking it on that white Rubber B strap too

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
I put project on hold. I have the gen hands and movement. But waiting a bit for the gen dial, had a bad time trying to source a gen dial with rose gold markers for a marker swap.

i bought one for 350 and turned out the gold was in bad shape.

may revisit one day. Holding onto parts for now.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ack, sorry to hear about that. Thanks for the uodate!

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
If anyone here spots any gen Rolex dial with rose gold let me know. Last one I got was a ym rose gold dial. Lume and markers need to be in good shape dial condition don’t matter.

Reactions: KJ2020