• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

List of best current out of the box Rolex models

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
It would be awesome if there was a list of current best Rolex models. Maybe list by maker and model and a short description of why from best to worst. id love to do it but I'm nowhere near experienced enough. Maybe a sticky group effort that's updated over time? Please don't beat me up too bad for asking. :)

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
HaHa
I'm literally on here every day and have been since before the forum got moved to the temp site. Because most members usually like specific models there's lots of specific threads of models or features of models. What I was talking about is more a group effort with all models and some quality feedback in one place. Less fanboy "wow I love it" and more unbiased info from members who excel at seeing things that make certain watches quality stand out.

Reactions: Sirwatchalot

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
HaHa
I'm literally on here every day and have been since before the forum got moved to the temp site. Because most members usually like specific models there's lots of specific threads of models or features of models. What I was talking about is more a group effort with all models and some quality feedback in one place. Less fanboy "wow I love it" and more unbiased info from members who excel at seeing things that make certain watches quality stand out.

You are on here everyday , but haven't found the ' CONSENSUAL LIST ' ???

It is why you are getting short shrift from forum members . You asked for a ...' a list of best reps ,a group effort , which is a sticky and updated over time ' LOL . There already is one chap you just need to find it .

Reactions: Sirwatchalot

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
TBF there really aren't that many rolex models on the consensual list.

But yeah OP, just hang out in the rolex subforums, its easily one of the most active subforums around and its not that hard to get the consensus on which factories are producing the better products. The better reps on here cost nowhere near the price of a gen but its still a good chunk of change. Do some research FFS.

Wildcatfan

13/2/18

But yeah OP, just hang out in the rolex subforums, its easily one of the most active subforums around and its not that hard to get the consensus on which factories are producing the better products. The better reps on here cost nowhere near the price of a gen but its still a good chunk of change. Do some research FFS.

I have done research FFS but as you said there aren't many on the list WHICH IS WHY I thought it would be a good suggestion. But as usual instead of anyone having anything constructive to say it's cooler I guess to be a wiseass. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't talk. What is it with the keyboard tough guys anyway? Spouting off doesn't make you an expert in anything except being a jerk.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
There isn't because most Rolex reps aren't good enough to be on there . However he asked for a list of the best current Rolex reps , and the best current Rolex reps are on there .

TudorMonkey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/18
I have done research FFS but as you said there aren't many on the list WHICH IS WHY I thought it would be a good suggestion. But as usual instead of anyone having anything constructive to say it's cooler I guess to be a wiseass. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't talk. What is it with the keyboard tough guys anyway? Spouting off doesn't make you an expert in anything except being a jerk.

The reality doesn't work this way mate.
No people will gather and form a group effort just because you made a beautiful suggestion that everyone knows is a good-to-have list.

its not going to be truly group effort, but rather one great volunteer whos willing to spend time and effort maintaining the list and validating true against false info. For the case of consensus list, that's the respectable Omagad .
the rest of the “group effort” is just people throwing suggestions at him, which is the easiest part.
Without that one volunteer, the list will very soon rot and decay.

If you really wanted this list, if you have started this thread by first sharing your own research list (you said u done research) and urge the community to take it from there, it would have been more receptive idea rather than coming across as request for spoon feeding.

But then again I don't really see the point to reinvent the wheel when there is already a consensus list. (Im busy making money and I'm sure most people are)
All we need is probably just to improve on the Rolex portion of that existing list.
Worth working out something with omagad, maybe.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
No people will gather and form a group effort just because you made a beautiful suggestion that everyone knows is a good-to-have list.

its not going to be truly group effort, but rather one great volunteer whos willing to spend time and effort maintaining the list and validating true against false info. For the case of consensus list, that's the respectable Omagad .
the rest of the “group effort” is just people throwing suggestions at him, which is the easiest part.

If you really wanted this list, if you have started this thread by first sharing your own research list (you said u done research) and urge the community to take it from there, it would have been more receptive idea rather than coming across as request for spoon feeding.

But then again I don't really see the point to reinvent the wheel when there is already a consensus list. (Im busy making money and I'm sure most people are)
All we need is probably just to improve on the Rolex portion of that existing list.

nailed it!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Boom..agreed

Reactions: Omagad