• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

JMK

13/2/18
Wish those bezels would pop up more on M2M... In case someone’s reading this ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tual

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/19
Germany
Ich habe nun endlich auch meine DJ von ARF an Domi geschickt, es kommen diese Original Teile rein -Safirglas -DW -Zeiger Hands und ZB , sobald fertig poste ich auch Fotos :)

odnaut

13/11/15
Do you see a big difference between the gen and ARF bezel, and where did you buy it?

No not really, there is very littel time I weared the watch with ARF bezel. I changed to the gen bezel because of the following reasons:
- I had a chance to buy the gen bezel from local seller with affordable price.
- The ARF bezel is slightly thicker than the gen bezel. You can see the difference between them in Page 50 of this topic.
- the gen bezel is 18k gold, it is better when used for a long time. And it is so nice in the sun!

Mr-Rolex

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/7/13
Does anyone know how difficult it will be to get a gen datewheel in a DJF? I know it will need some adjusting but want to know if it is possible.

Reactions: WatchAccountant

WatchAccountant

5/3/19
I am actually working on getting a gen datewheel within my DJF within the next month. Interaktiv is the man for the job as he has done several of these swaps. I believe that with this mod and perhaps installing a gen or arf crystal the DJF will be very close to gen.

nonox

30/3/12
You can not instal a gen DW on DJF because it’s a eta clone movement and it will not fit but it’s possible to use a gen DW as a overlay.

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
Reactions: Hinclimincli

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
You can not instal a gen DW on DJF because it’s a eta clone movement and it will not fit but it’s possible to use a gen DW as a overlay.

correct!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hung123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/8/19
I've decided on the DJF 116234 but am torn between blue vs. silver dial.

I've heard that the blue is not as "dynamic" as the gen which changes color in light from lighter blue to darker/almost black to purple sometimes. The blue is supposedly "flat" and looks the same in most lights which would be a tell to me. Can anybody confirm if this is true or not?

Which dial is more similar to the gen - the silver or blue?

WatchAccountant

5/3/19
I have the blue DJF and can honestly say from what I've seen online of gen that the DJF is relatively close in color. It is in fact dynamic and can change from almost black to dark blue to even pale blue in direct sunlight. Silver dial is classy but a bit boring in my opinion. Go with the blue and you won't be disappointed. Definitely not a call out in comparison to non roulette date.