• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

Adam270

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
Redcar northeast England
I know everyone says stay away from the gold wrap are they really that bad and out of intrest how long does the gold generally last before it starts to wear are the part gold as bad thanks

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I know everyone says stay away from the gold wrap are they really that bad and out of intrest how long does the gold generally last before it starts to wear are the part gold as bad thanks

So many different factors. How sweaty are you? How hot is it? Humid? Where do you keep your watch? It's impossible to say.. With that being said, I've seen M2M Gold pieces that after ltttle use already showed signs of wear. Of course you can't always count on the accuracy of the sellers descriptions, but I'd never go for gold plated or wrapped pieces unless I knew that they were at least 20 microns thick.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
And the coronet position, and the movement, and the price :D

Price shouldn’t come into it unless we’re talking what’s the better watch for the money not the better watch.

Movement is debatable. I’ve had problems with both, cousins and ofrei now stock generic parts for 3135 it’s becoming more stable and cheaper to repair.
One is a clone of the real deal ,one movement is nothing like the real deal.

So basically The coronet being a 0.mm higher on ARF Dial I would argue thats negligible, like Nipes date window point. Never going to see that on wrist. It tends to effect the blue dials more.

DJF has wonky, poorly engraved rehaut. Bracelet is flimsy, brushing isn’t as nice, overall feel in hand is cheaper.

So My point stands, other than the date wheel, the ARF is still the better watch out the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 0x9

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
So, are we going to turn this into an ARF vs Noob then? I honestly think both watches have pros and cons, it's too close to have an overwhelming "winner" (if that word even applies) and it comes down to personal taste. To me, 3135 is a big negative as I like longevity in my watches (I'm talking 10 years plus, without mods, just servicing)

TudorTime706

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/8/17
Georgia
So, out of curiosity here - has anyone put a new crystal on the DJF? Like a Clark or ARF takeoff? Or sent it to Prof Steve for a crystal?!

Reactions: therevenant

odnaut

13/11/15
I have received this beauty AF today ;)

Last edited:

odnaut

13/11/15
I have received it in my town. It is so nice.

VPArLR.md.jpg
VPBZDa.md.jpg
VPABkg.md.jpg
VPB6gy.md.jpg
VPBW1G.md.jpg
VPBys6.md.jpg
VPBzLq.md.jpg
VPBJV0.md.jpg

Last edited:

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Has anyone here who own a DJF DJ36 have issue with datewheel not turning properly? My dad's DJ36 I got for him suddenly have this issue especially around the 18-24 date mark. It would turn at 12am but get stuck at halfway between 2 date numbers. Worse still, when I use the crown to turn back the hand, the datewheel wouldn't move at all no matter how many times I turn the crown. Is this issue with gear not meshing properly or something sticking the datewheel? hmm.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Has anyone here who own a DJF DJ36 have issue with datewheel not turning properly? My dad's DJ36 I got for him suddenly have this issue especially around the 18-24 date mark. It would turn at 12am but get stuck at halfway between 2 date numbers. Worse still, when I use the crown to turn back the hand, the datewheel wouldn't move at all no matter how many times I turn the crown. Is this issue with gear not meshing properly or something sticking the datewheel? hmm.

I suspect it's the datewheel overlay that isn't fitted 100% centered.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I suspect it's the datewheel overlay that isn't fitted 100% centered.

OK. Hope its just something simple. I played around a bit with the crown turning it as many time as I could and making sure the numbers flipped. Anyway after a few minutes on the watch, things seems to be ok now. I suspect its either what you said or maybe some dirt got caught in between the datewheel and gear causing it to stick a bit.

One thing I would like to confirm though if anyone can try this with their DJF DJ36. If you pull the crown fully out, and you turn the crown anticlockwise, does the date go backward? It only turn forward if you turn the crown clockwise but not when you turn it anticlockwise.

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
3 weeks so far and still loving it..
471b4080e518b9c65c1e7dcffd9850e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DanAL

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Honestly this is tough. The ARF after service and a datewheel will be around $800 while the DFJ is $400 ready to go. I don't have any experience with DJF though and I don't know enough about the datejust to tell if its close to gen or not in appearance. That being said there are so many variations of the datejust that I doubt most people could tell.

Hi, mind you sharing your Datewheel source? Im intending to get one.Thanks in advance.

Sent from the RWI App

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ARF is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk