• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I see, thank you so much for your guide ^^. What do you think that the date of dw, is it still a bit bold?

Vs2OOT.md.jpg
Vs23sA.md.jpg

I think the datewheel is still bold, but it's much better than what it used to be with ARF. You won't get a thinner datewheel than this, looks like the newest version to me. And I think the thickness is pretty good.

With an ARF you really just need to swap the datewheel to a gen and then you got an absolutely killer rep noone can call out

odnaut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/15
I think the datewheel is still bold, but it's much better than what it used to be with ARF. You won't get a thinner datewheel than this, looks like the newest version to me. And I think the thickness is pretty good.

With an ARF you really just need to swap the datewheel to a gen and then you got an absolutely killer rep noone can call out

Thank you, I think so and I already bought one gen dw for it from a member of RWI, but till now it is 10 days and he still has not shipped it for me :( .

babiibryan

Horology Curious
20/4/19
I'm waiting this ARF V2...crown is ok ;-)
933b262090821c6711c225f151967018.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

How is that gold look in person? Is that like the gold of the genuine one? I remember I read somewhere in the forum saying that some factory made the gold look too much gold.

therevenant

20/9/18
the font is still bold tho... weird... because in my ARF the bold is better already (I bought in march...)

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
the font is still bold tho... weird... because in my ARF the bold is better already (I bought in march...)

Maybe gold DW they don't change :-(
I will put on gen DW

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Date wheel on DJF is nice but that’s the only thing that’s better out the box than ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: masterpiece777

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
And the coronet position, and the movement, and the price :D

Coronet is fixed with current batches. The ARF Movement is superior, when serviced and modded with gen parts. Build quality is a on a higher level. Had both versions in my hand. I would always go for ARF.

Reactions: therevenant

therevenant

20/9/18
Coronet is fixed with current batches. The ARF Movement is superior, when serviced and modded with gen parts. Build quality is a on a higher level. Had both versions in my hand. I would always go for ARF.
i agree

Reactions: 0x9

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
So, the +$450 ARF +$300 in mods is "better" than a +$350 DJF straight out of the box? I see...

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
So, the +$450 ARF +$300 in mods is "better" than a +$350 DJF straight out of the box? I see...

Pricewise you might be right, but qualitywise absolutely not. Just compare the DJF fluted bezel to an ARF one. Night and day. The ARF is overall better with details, for instance, the date windows on the DJF is completely off, way too close to the bezel. I can spot this detail on the wrist and thefore would be able to call someone out on that.

Best bang for the buck is and will be DJF. But in the end better is the ARF.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Pricewise you might be right, but qualitywise absolutely not. Just compare the DJF fluted bezel to an ARF one. Night and day. The ARF is overall better with details, for instance, the date windows on the DJF is completely off, way too close to the bezel. I can spot this detail on the wrist and thefore would be able to call someone out on that.

Best bang for the buck is and will be DJF. But in the end better is the ARF.

We're discussing "OOTB". The ARF "OOTB" can be a bit of a potential expensive timebomb.

You might need a service + gen-parts for the service just to get it working again. (That's quicly 300+ right there)

Then you have the fat datewheel which is an instant tell. MUCH more than the date window - which, sorry but you can't spot that "On the wrist". Sure, if you're holding the persons arm still and staring at 20 cm distance.

There's no way you could spot that just by looking at someones watch in passing or sitting at the next table in a restaurant etc..

Anyways. I agree that the ARF probably is the 'better' watch. But is it the better watch ootb? I don't think so, specially if you don't plan on modding etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
We're discussing "OOTB". The ARF "OOTB" can be a bit of a potential expensive timebomb.

You might need a service + gen-parts for the service just to get it working again. (That's quicly 300+ right there)

Then you have the fat datewheel which is an instant tell. MUCH more than the date window - which, sorry but you can't spot that "On the wrist". Sure, if you're holding the persons arm still and staring at 20 cm distance.

There's no way you could spot that just by looking at someones watch in passing or sitting at the next table in a restaurant etc..

Anyways. I agree that the ARF probably is the 'better' watch. But is it the better watch ootb? I don't think so, specially if you don't plan on modding etc.

My bad. Havent seen we‘re talking bout ootb. Apologies. I agree with DJF being the better watch ootb. ARF is the superior watch imo as i had both watches at the same time. Though, the bold datewheel is also fixed with the current batches. So, no negative point anymore.

And yes, i can spot that :) Believe me or not. Its an subtle tell in my eyes, that nobody needs to worry about. I mean, we are talking about details here, 99% of humanity will never notice. That being said, i let myself out :)