• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

repwatch78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/18
I am thinking if I should order the DJF and ARF bracelet, or wait for DJF to have the jubilee bracelet ready. The factory has made jubilee bracelets before, so it shouldn’t be difficult to make... someone has some insight about when they might release them?

mrbungle1211

Horology Curious
11/1/19
On the 36mm two-tone ARF, are the sides of the gold jubilee links also gold? Or is the stainless steel visible on the sides, as some have claimed?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The middle of the 3 gold links is usually coated 360, at least my BP is. So it looks like more of a cost savings issue to me.

mrbungle1211

Horology Curious
11/1/19
The middle of the 3 gold links is usually coated 360, at least my BP is. So it looks like more of a cost savings issue to me.

Your BP is plated all around? Would you mind uploading a pic or two? I really want to get a 36mm two-tone

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your BP is plated all around? Would you mind uploading a pic or two? I really want to get a 36mm two-tone

Only the middle link of the 3 gold links, as stated. Only pics I have, I'll try to post some more tomorrow

jH3kb.jpg

jHOH3.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

BP is plated from the inside of one outer link to the inside of the other outer link. I think this is pretty standard.

qYvWL.jpg

All those center links were hollow in the old days

qYQRe.jpg

I never think about either way on the wrist.
​​​
qY17K.jpg

BP is decent IMO. For ~$250, I'm not going to to do anything but wear it. Datewheel is fine as is. SELs are fine too.

qYUmT.jpg

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Everything on that BP actually looks really nice. You won't see the missing plating on the links when it's on your wrist. Even when closely examining it you really have to focus on seeing it. Remember these pictures are SO close that your eye will never see the details like you're seeing here.

Reactions: KJ2020

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Do arf and djf do anything to make the bezel the same colour as white gold or are they just steel like the rest of the watch? White gold has a yellow hue on it so its an instant tell imo

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do arf and djf do anything to make the bezel the same colour as white gold or are they just steel like the rest of the watch? White gold has a yellow hue on it so its an instant tell imo

I highly doubt it's anything but SS. Factories replicate platinum and WG with SS everywhere, why should these bezels be any different.

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
I highly doubt it's anything but SS. Factories replicate platinum and WG with SS everywhere, why should these bezels be any different.

They rhodium plate it I believe to give it the extra WG sparkle, its the same process they use to make white gold look good.

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
They rhodium plate it I believe to give it the extra WG sparkle, its the same process they use to make white gold look good.

Thanks mate. It looks like the arf has rhodium plating but the djf doesnt look like it has. Ive just looked at the videos on trusty time. If someone can confirm this it would be much appreciated thanks

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Thanks mate. It looks like the arf has rhodium plating but the djf doesnt look like it has. Ive just looked at the videos on trusty time. If someone can confirm this it would be much appreciated thanks

Ah, yeah, sorry I know for sure ARF does, I had a few it looks really good. I'll look for DJF

Reactions: frankdux1987

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I can't imagine that a factory's bezel supplier would choose to go to the extra trouble and expense of rhodium plating some bezels (and having to keep them separated and charge more for them) when they already make all of them in SS to begin with.

A datejust simulating WG does not cost more than one in SS, so why would the "WG" one have a better finish bezel?

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
I can't imagine that a factory's bezel supplier would choose to go to the extra trouble and expense of rhodium plating some bezels (and having to keep them separated and charge more for them) when they already make all of them in SS to begin with.

A datejust simulating WG does not cost more than one in SS, so why would the "WG" one have a better finish bezel?

So it looks like the real thing

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So it looks like the real thing

Lol, and you think a factory supplier would willingly spend extra time and money for no more profit to accomplish that? Sorry, I don't.

Some factories may have slightly better polishing techniques that produce a better looking finish, but rhodium plating, I don't buy it.