• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
I have never had hand on a Rep before so the first impression of the quality of this watch was quite stunning to me in comparison to my other gens. It's look expensive and solid!
The watch arrived alive, I think I will wear it for a month before send it to watchsmith for service.
The datewheel is bold (ARF) it will call the watch out, but actually I dont really find it that bad in person.
The dial is a little bit misarranged, not critical, but I hope the watchsmith can fix it for me.
Else I have some problem with removing the bracelet links, some of the bars come out quite easy, these others not, so I decided not to screw it up anymore and let my watchsmith do that. Is it normal? Any tips?

Sr the light is not so optimal, it is dark here alrealdy, I will take some better shots tmr!

Well I would say it is my first sucess in the rep world! 9/10!

YrFye.jpg

YrNNK.jpg

YrfBL.jpg

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
So update on the bracelet issue. Td says the factory suggested putting glue inside the link. I tried putting a little silicone glue initially but that didn't work since it's a pivot point and the problem is the bar inside.

Td says the only other option would be to send it to the td to give to the factory to try the same fix. The factory also is not working until after Chinese new year in February.

Overall doesn't sound like this is going to be taken care of. I bought a 316L jubilee rep bracelet off ebay. Hopefully that fits. Still though disappointed about the bracelet situation.
​​​​

Vintagerolly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/18
the djf is looking good and i prefer the eta clone movement, i wonder when a jubilee version will be out.

swags-45

8/11/18
USA
Here it is, my physical ARF vs DJF Blue:

ARF Datejust 36, 116234 SS V2 904L Blue Jubilee SA3135

VS

DJF V2 904L SS 1:1 Best Edition Blue Oyster Bracelet A2824

Both from InTime...great experience...

Pictures are below.

Note: The ARF includes my failed effort to install a Gen date wheel. You can identify this in the pictures with the date stuck at “4” and out of position. The ARF had originally the bulky/ugly font, which was the catalyst for this endeavor.

I could find little difference between the ARF and DJF.

The ARF Blue is slightly lighter and has a more silver sunburst effect. The DJF Blue still has the sunburst effect but is slightly darker. It’s only noticeable if seeing them physically side by side.

The DJF has a much better datewheel font, stock.

There are a few other very slight perceived differences in crown size and placement on dial, dial markers. I can’t say which is more true to Gen.

And yes, I was able to put the ARF Jubilee on the DJF case. It was an absolutely perfect fit.

You will see this in the final pictures. I’m quite pleased with the final product!

Now, I also have an ARF with a non-functioning Gen datewheel and a DJF oyster bracelet that I need to part with...

Enjoy the pics below!

7VGc3.jpg

7Vxh8.jpg

7Vomb.jpg

7Vlo2.jpg

7VgWd.jpg

7VF7Z.jpg

7VYRR.jpg

7V7mg.jpg

7VOpy.jpg

7Vqoa.jpg

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Awesome. I actually prefer the DJF blue. Don't have an ARF jubilee but I ordered a rep one from ebay that will hopefully fit. 316 bot 904 but shouldn't make much of a difference.

nonox

30/3/12
did you install the gen dw directly or did you modify something ?

In any case djf seems to be a good alternative: reliable movement (in theory) rather good dial color.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Here it is, my physical ARF vs DJF Blue:

ARF Datejust 36, 116234 SS V2 904L Blue Jubilee SA3135

VS

DJF V2 904L SS 1:1 Best Edition Blue Oyster Bracelet A2824

Both from InTime...great experience...

Pictures are below.

Note: The ARF includes my failed effort to install a Gen date wheel. You can identify this in the pictures with the date stuck at “4” and out of position. The ARF had originally the bulky/ugly font, which was the catalyst for this endeavor.

I could find little difference between the ARF and DJF.

The ARF Blue is slightly lighter and has a more silver sunburst effect. The DJF Blue still has the sunburst effect but is slightly darker. It’s only noticeable if seeing them physically side by side.

The DJF has a much better datewheel font, stock.

There are a few other very slight perceived differences in crown size and placement on dial, dial markers. I can’t say which is more true to Gen.

And yes, I was able to put the ARF Jubilee on the DJF case. It was an absolutely perfect fit.

You will see this in the final pictures. I’m quite pleased with the final product!

Now, I also have an ARF with a non-functioning Gen datewheel and a DJF oyster bracelet that I need to part with...

Enjoy the pics below!

7VGc3.jpg

7Vxh8.jpg

7Vomb.jpg

7Vlo2.jpg

7VgWd.jpg

7VF7Z.jpg

7VYRR.jpg

7V7mg.jpg

7VOpy.jpg

7Vqoa.jpg

Thanks for the side-by-sides!

Looks like DJF has a very purple tint to the blue dial ?

the massakretor

23/8/13
Thanks, this make me willingful to pay for the ARF jubilee to put on my DJF DJ silver.

Hopefully I can find it within decent pricing

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Tacotuesday

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I might end up doing the same. My TD says the only way to get my bracelet fixed is to buy a new one, he offered to pay for 1/2 the cost. I dont want to put that extra cost on the TD. I already ordered a Jubilee off Ebay, if that doesnt fit then I'm just going to order an ARF one.

Omar9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Thanks for the pics swags, both watches look good. Does anyone know which of the 2 has the dial closest to gen? I'm leaning towards the djf model due to movement and stock dw being better however if the arf dial is closer to gen i would go for that.

Roadman

Known Member
19/11/16
I'm very interested in picking one of these up. The DJF looks better OTB because of the date font and it's cheaper, but the movement isn't compatible with gen dial etc as far as I know. Would it be possible for a modder here to install gen dial and DW on the ARF for me? I'd love to have one modded to be as gen as possible, maybe even gen xtal as well.

the massakretor

23/8/13
I'm very interested in picking one of these up. The DJF looks better OTB because of the date font and it's cheaper, but the movement isn't compatible with gen dial etc as far as I know. Would it be possible for a modder here to install gen dial and DW on the ARF for me? I'd love to have one modded to be as gen as possible, maybe even gen xtal as well.
If you plan on modding, get the ARF definitely. The dw is basically a drop in (you need to remove a jewel but it's not an issue).

The dial fits right in.

The crystal too.

With these 3 mods you're not spending a fortune for a basically 1:1 watch. Dial 400$, Crystal 200 (prof, gen is 300-400), DW 100, watch 400, you're good to go

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadman

Adrenix

5/12/18
Edit: Deleted as I got them mixed. Arf has better dial, but DJF has acceptable DW (to me) and jubilee bracelet (critical for me) and as noted, the dial colour is only really a tell when side by side. Also the DJF movement may be more reliable.

I am slightly kicking myself for passing up a DJF late last year but the slush fund had been spent elsewhere.

I think I would go for a DJF for these reasons and run it OOTB.

Roadman

Known Member
19/11/16
Massakretor, I've never modded a watch before so forgive the dumb question... do I need to source the gen parts myself and send them to a modder along with the watch or can they generally source the parts themselves? Also who is good to contact on here about this? Thanks so much for the help!

Adrenix

5/12/18
Usually it's best to source the parts yourself but your modder may be able to help.

As for who to use, it depends on where you are located?

The Tourist

27/3/14
What about a recent 2018 model of a BP Factory 36mm Datejust? They come with a A3135 movement, but I personally know too little about this movement. Price wise they seem more than ok IMO.

Sent from the RWI App

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
What about a recent 2018 model of a BP Factory 36mm Datejust? They come with a A3135 movement, but I personally know too little about this movement. Price wise they seem more than ok IMO.

Sent from the RWI App

A3135 is usually ETA 2836 but decorated to look like the 3135.

Reactions: The Tourist

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
So things didnt work out with getting a new end link for my DJF. Big thanks to swags-45 . Going to custom order one of the ARF Jubilee bracelets.