• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
That watch is also a perfect example of why I want DJF with ETA clone movement instead of this shitty rolex clone movement. Read in so many M2Ms about people that have issues with time/date-setting .. Every service people are replacing parts with gen because the asian parts are so bad. No thank you. Gimme a DJF with A2824 and I'll put in a gen eta when it dies.

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
That watch is also a perfect example of why I want DJF with ETA clone movement instead of this shitty rolex clone movement. Read in so many M2Ms about people that have issues with time/date-setting .. Every service people are replacing parts with gen because the asian parts are so bad. No thank you. Gimme a DJF with A2824 and I'll put in a gen eta when it dies.

don't said it man haha I just odered myself an ARF v2 T_T, there are also a lot of people who said that SH3135 is a quite stable movement after service

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
Out of curiosity what is the WSO one and how much was it. Thinking of making this my next project.
It's an eBay aftermarket watch shop. $25 before shipping if I'm not wrong.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Thing that jumps out at me is the bezel. ARF is rhodium plated. DJF doesn't look like it is.

The sh3135 is hit and miss. I haven't had to replace any parts but in the earlier iterations where you had 'workarounds' to fit the gen date wheel, such as thinning it or removing the jewel, you would run into issues eventually.

The benefit is you can Franken it knowing one day they will get the movement stable, and swap in the new movement from a donor watch whilst protecting your gen parts investment. The ARF dial and hands were really good, but nothing beats gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Thing that jumps out at me is the bezel. ARF is rhodium plated. DJF doesn't look like it is.

The sh3135 is hit and miss. I haven't had to replace any parts but in the earlier iterations where you had 'workarounds' to fit the gen date wheel, such as thinning it or removing the jewel, you would run into issues eventually.

The benefit is you can Franken it knowing one day they will get the movement stable, and swap in the new movement from a donor watch whilst protecting your gen parts investment. The ARF dial and hands were really good, but nothing beats gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, you'd still have to franken SO MUCH on an ARF until you couldn't be called out by someone that takes the watch in on close inspection. On the wrist none of these things matter and for that reason the DJF looks like pretty good value comparing to potential issues with the SH movement.

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
ARF uses 904L, not sure about the DJF. DIfferent sites have different claims.

Ordered one of the new DJF 36 from Sead for wife, and he says that they are indeed 904L if that matters.
Have no reason not to belive him.
He also mentioned that DJF will come out with versions of the 36 with jubilee bracelets, he wasn't sure about timeframe for that though, only wait and see.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Ordered one of the new DJF 36 from Sead for wife, and he says that they are indeed 904L if that matters.
Have no reason not to belive him.
He also mentioned that DJF will come out with versions of the 36 with jubilee bracelets, he wasn't sure about timeframe for that though, only wait and see.

Any chance you could upload pics when you get it?

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Any chance you could upload pics when you get it?

That wil take a couple of weeks atleast, as it will be on triangle shiping.
And don't know how interested you are in seeing it as it's the white diamond jubilee dial?

Greed

Known Member
13/6/11
Gen for comparison

167930da435e8154476048afe522a55c.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

project716

Horology Curious
18/5/18
About to pick up a DJF 116234 with the silver dial, will post pictures when it comes in. For me it looks better than the ARF out of the box and won't require any work/maintenance, as well as being cheaper. The worst tells IMO are the crown being too high up on the dial, loose SELs, and a bad date. As long as the date is centered, the DJF checks all of these boxes.

Mrlorax18

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/10/18
Why is saeeds cheaper than all the other tds is that worrying or ok as puretime is 418 trusty 378 saeed 359 ?