• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
looks pretty good...

Anyway djf is the only one with a 2836 that is more reliable than sh3135 or that can be changed easily for a gen eta in case of failure.

The dial looks the same (the coronet always seems to place a little high) , the DW is better (like all 28xx anyway.)

I find it a little expensive $ 388 vs arf which is $ 418 but has case and bracelet with 904 steel .

It seems to me a good alternative for someone who wants to enjoy the watch immediately without going pay a service on the sh3135 and does not want to change the DW for a gen.

Some TD's are claiming the V2 DJF has both case and bracelet in 904L same as ARF.

Last edited:

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
What's off about it chap in particular ?

I somehow still need to see it in person.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5593...er-dial-on-904l-ss-oyster-bracelet-a2824.html

As from intime the case is also 904L, but the dial is quite off IMO, not as shiny and "silver" as the photos from Sead. The cylop is too big or missarranged I think, and the biggest pull back IMO is the engraved rehaut. But it is my opinions from the photos from Intime

The new photos from Sead look quite different to it!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I somehow still need to see it in person.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5593...er-dial-on-904l-ss-oyster-bracelet-a2824.html

As from intime the case is also 904L, but the dial is quite off IMO, not as shiny and "silver" as the photos from Sead. The cylop is too big or missarranged I think, and the biggest pull back IMO is the engraved rehaut. But it is my opinions from the photos from Intime

The new photos from Sead look quite different to it!

The watch at Intime and the watch on Sead's thread is the same watch ? So any differenece is down to photoghraphy ? I think as Sead states the dial is very good on this watch . IMO opinion the watch looks superb in the images posted by Sead . I might buy one . I think i might wait to see what the opinion of the 'Rolex experts ' are seems from your assesment like me you are a mile away from being one .

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
The watch at Intime and the watch on Sead's thread is the same watch ? So any differenece is down to photoghraphy ? I think as Sead states the dial is very good on this watch . IMO opinion the watch looks superb in the images posted by Sead . I might buy one . I think i might wait to see what the opinion of the 'Rolex experts ' are seems from your assesment like me you are a mile away from being one .

hahah yeah right I really dont know what to do now XD I have already tranfered the money for the ARF XD, but I still love the jubilee bracelet, so let it be XD

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I’d like to see a comparison. If I bought a silver in both versions to review would anyone be interested in the watches afterwards??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
I’d like to see a comparison. If I bought a silver in both versions to review would anyone be interested in the watches afterwards??

I would, but I have already odered the ARF one.... But pls make the comparison hahaha

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU

I'll take it mate (DJF).

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I'll take it mate (DJF).

I honestly started to think the DJ wasn’t a popular watch anymore.
Let me see what availability is like.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I honestly started to think the DJ wasn’t a popular watch anymore.
Let me see what availability is like.

Yeah I thought so as well. Right when ARF came out people were nutting everwhere about it but recent months it has died down. I'm still juiced up for it though.. Been eyeing a silver/white model for a while. This might just have been the push I needed. :)

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

I'm thinking of getting one as a present for Xmas ( female family member ) , so would like to see a comparison . If the DJF is as good as it is looks in Sead's thread I will take the 'WINNER' from you ( along its not the ARF as don't want to go to the bother of an immediate service and DW change ).LOL

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Gen left DJF right.

drf.jpg

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Gen left DJF right.

drf.jpg

Thank you for the pic. From my untrained eye it looks pretty spot on. I'd want a better pic of the rehaut and maybe the crown in the crystal. I have no experience with DJF so I question the quality. Overall though the color looks good, printing space looks good, maybe the chapter ring lines are a litter too thin.

But like I've said I feel like a datejust is the model you will be least likely to be called out on. There are so many variations.

Reactions: vcappp

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
What do you guys think about the blue? Looks like it may be too dark. Thinking about just buying this one, though I really should sell some other stuff off first.

Mrlorax18

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/10/18
What about the black it's very different in taste but still

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I think the only black they have is the diamond dial with the weird decorated dial. Definitely not my taste, and I can't imagine the "diamonds" look too great.

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
can someone say anything about the cylop? I have the feeling that the cylop of the DJF is not right somehow