• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

seemeMatt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/17
Coinbase won't let me transfer the money for 14-21 days. My account is fully verified. It's not a matter of the actual transfer, that's how long it takes for them to let you use money that that has been transferred in from your bank. So they get your money fast and sit on it for a few weeks.

Having this problem as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the massakretor

23/8/13
Don't use coinbase to be honest. They ask a lot of questions, I find them kinda difficult to use too. Kraken is easier, and as soon as the bank wire goes through (24h SEPA, don't know about USA) you can exchange your money instantly, and then trasfer to your wallet instantly. The only wait time is from your wallet to the TD wallet, since you need the 6 blockchain confirmations. Usually you get them in 1h

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Coinbase won't let me transfer the money for 14-21 days. My account is fully verified. It's not a matter of the actual transfer, that's how long it takes for them to let you use money that that has been transferred in from your bank. So they get your money fast and sit on it for a few weeks.

The longest coinbase has ever taken to allow me to use the money transferred in is 8 hours

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Wonder why. My account has been fully verified for years so IDK why the long hold time. If anything what I'll likely just do is transfer the money in without actually buying bitcoin. Let it sit there for a few weeks in which I will have time to decide whether or not I actually need the purchase in question.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Just got the notification that it shipped. Should be arriving Friday assuming I'm here to sign for it. Gonna try to do a detailed write up on it but I probably wont get to it until the 27th, family in town.

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
17-12-18, 18:58
Originally posted by Tacotuesday View Post
I actually cant see the 2 issues you noted here. Not that they're not there. I guess I just dont have an eye for it.
Have a look here. Circle marks bubbles on dial (probably from getting the dial-edge rubbed against the rehaut during fitting.

https://imgur.com/a/vAXrSa1

Arrows indicate spacing difference between left and right side (dial alignment)

These issues aren't present on your QC, so it just shows you have to be extra careful when ordering these as the factory QC isn't so good (based on small sample).

nipe Do you think it is possible for a watchsmith to fix that?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
17-12-18, 18:58
Originally posted by Tacotuesday View Post
I actually cant see the 2 issues you noted here. Not that they're not there. I guess I just dont have an eye for it.
Have a look here. Circle marks bubbles on dial (probably from getting the dial-edge rubbed against the rehaut during fitting.

https://imgur.com/a/vAXrSa1

Arrows indicate spacing difference between left and right side (dial alignment)

These issues aren't present on your QC, so it just shows you have to be extra careful when ordering these as the factory QC isn't so good (based on small sample).

nipe Do you think it is possible for a watchsmith to fix that?

Possibly. Maybe the dial just has to be properly realigned and then the bubbles will also get hidden.. Probably even something one could do on his own. It's really not that difficult I guess.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
eb93dc97af90db0db6844c579738a504.jpg
5892c31b6ca3a04f05c71fa989d58fac.jpg
30ea566dddce45241184d58502565c5c.jpg

Here’s a few pictures in natural lighting for those of you who are curious about these,(seeing as we have them in hand) I’d say they are very good reps. I’ve owned the ARF v1 and out the box these are really nice in comparison. Dial colour, print and sunburst are great. Date font isn’t ugly, bezel shape is just as good. Brushing looks pretty good too.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Sorry posted before I had finished

I’d say the ARF Rehaut engraving is more refined/ looks better. shape of the clasp is a bit better on the ARF. Quite obviously the cyclops placement on these isn’t perfect, ARF wins there

Hard to tell how the bracelet compares without taking all the plastic off.

These DJF can’t accept Gen parts inside like ARF as there is no 3135 movement (hands dials etc) but i have seen people install Gen date wheels as overlays on 2824s, We all know the 2824 is a very reliable and easily/cheaply fixable movement.

We did have one with a dial issue as nipe pointed out, this has gone back to China to be swapped.

We have 3 good examples and have handled a few more and I’d say the factory QC is no worse than any of the others

Overall it’s a very nice rep for the money

What do you guys think?

Reactions: the massakretor

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
Possibly. Maybe the dial just has to be properly realigned and then the bubbles will also get hidden.. Probably even something one could do on his own. It's really not that difficult I guess.

Thanks, I hope so, here is a pic of the Dj is coming to me https://picr.me/image/iahg8

The misaligned dial is acctualy not that critical, but one you saw it, u cannot unsee it XD

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
eb93dc97af90db0db6844c579738a504.jpg
5892c31b6ca3a04f05c71fa989d58fac.jpg
30ea566dddce45241184d58502565c5c.jpg

Here’s a few pictures in natural lighting for those of you who are curious about these,(seeing as we have them in hand) I’d say they are very good reps. I’ve owned the ARF v1 and out the box these are really nice in comparison. Dial colour, print and sunburst are great. Date font isn’t ugly, bezel shape is just as good. Brushing looks pretty good too.

They look great to me. I wonder if they would take a gen crystal. I've noticed that the DJ crystals arent too expensive, usually around $150, just have to make sure that the cyclops would still line up. As for the rehaut, thats something you can never notice on wrist. Even looking at it on my sub from a foot away its hard to make it out.

Reactions: KSwatches

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I really wonder why ARF don't just make a 2824 version. Same with their Oyster Perpetual. I've never bought a Rolex clone movement just due to the extra cost of servicing and possibly gen parts. Idk. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and go for it on my next purchase. Oyster Perpetual has been calling my name for awhile now.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I really wonder why ARF don't just make a 2824 version. Same with their Oyster Perpetual. I've never bought a Rolex clone movement just due to the extra cost of servicing and possibly gen parts. Idk. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and go for it on my next purchase. Oyster Perpetual has been calling my name for awhile now.

Yeah I really don't know either. I think it's the selling point "HELLO MY FRIEND, BEST 1:1 MOVEMENT FOR YOU MY FRIEND, REAL SWISS ROLEX GOOD MOVEMENT COPY, NO ETA REAL ROLEX MOVEMENT" .. or however they are sold outside of the web :)

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Yeah I really don't know either. I think it's the selling point "HELLO MY FRIEND, BEST 1:1 MOVEMENT FOR YOU MY FRIEND, REAL SWISS ROLEX GOOD MOVEMENT COPY, NO ETA REAL ROLEX MOVEMENT" .. or however they are sold outside of the web :)

I guess I could see it that way, but at the end of the day you can only tell if you either take the case back off or move the hands. None of which anyone but yourself will ever do. Only issue I can see being better is rotar noise assuming the clones are better in this regard. But i'm pretty sure that if I sent the A2824 in for service they could quit that rotar down.

antixx

Horology Curious
4/12/18
Yes, it is an ARF, I would looking to get a gen roullette DW, anyone have a good source?