• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Starting my new build. ARF 904, with Noob 4130.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
I planned on taking some photos and explaining more once i pull it back down for the arf dial. I did not stop to take progress photos, how ever it was not that hard of swap at all, in comparison to what i read.

I was under the assumption this was not able to be done without the removal of the engraved rehaut to fit a different sized movement through redrilling--but this is very very exciting news! Subscribed!

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
The pushers' angle in the latest ARF (V2) seems correct to me. What is not correct is the protrusion of the pushers once mounted on the ARF case. As you can see, even Noob pushers are "too short" on an ARF case (not the actual pusher but the screws are too recessed). I suppose this is due to a too deep "hole" on the ARF case.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
The pushers' angle in the latest ARF (V2) seems correct to me. What is not correct is the protrusion of the pushers once mounted on the ARF case. As you can see, even Noob pushers are "too short" on an ARF case (not the actual pusher but the screws are too recessed). I suppose this is due to a too deep "hole" on the ARF case.

To be clear this case has a mod to push them out even more than a ARF normally. This car is a GEN 1 ARF 904 Case. This came with the very pointy fake looking pushers.

If angle has been corrected on a V2 case i would buy one, would need to see them side by side, i suppose if someone has one for sale i can buy it and check them out next to each other.

I have a friend who is thinking of doing the swap, if he sends it to me for me to do this, i will take photos alone the way. I promise guys its not that bad to swap in at all, I am curious what others ran into when trying. Coming from the world of swapping Gen 3186 into noob CHS case this was easy.

Here is a few daylight photos, I know its far from perfect now, But with the new goodies coming in :) Should be looking a little different within a week or two.

Also on the first photo, ignore the top endlink fitment, i mixed up the spring bars and used a 1.8mm vs the 2mm its set for. just moved around a little,

x1YKD.jpg

x17YU.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the photos, Does anyone know if there is a write-up on reshaping the case lugs? or a really good side by side of the cases?

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
For the new angle of the pushers you can check yourself on the intime site searching for the old ARF and the new V2. I saw a clearly different angle on V2, almost the same as gen, even if the recessed screws are still there.

What kind of mod have you done?

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
For the new angle of the pushers you can check yourself on the intime site searching for the old ARF and the new V2. I saw a clearly different angle on V2, almost the same as gen, even if the recessed screws are still there.

What kind of mod have you done?

The Center pusher tab was shorted to match exposed area of gen, as well as the case has a spacer made to stop threaded stop from going as deep.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
The Center pusher tab was shorted to match exposed area of gen, as well as the case has a spacer made to stop threaded stop from going as deep.

rlx2018081602-13.jpg

You can see the angle is the same, except with mods its not as pushed in, not saying mines GEN. Just looks better than ARF IMO.

Reactions: KJ2020

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
For all the ARF fans, I have a ARF V2 case for sale in the parts sales section.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Why use arf case?
Isn't noob case thinner than arf case?

x2

yeah, i was also wondering, why use an ARF mid case? IMO, the noob mid case is better (noticeably, the crown height is spot on -- unlike the ARF -- and the crownguard profile looks better from the side). I think it's more strategic to have the noob midcase reshaped instead

Reactions: lpl and MonsieurMax

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
x2

yeah, i was also wondering, why use an ARF mid case? IMO, the noob mid case is better (noticeably, the crown height is spot on -- unlike the ARF -- and the crownguard profile looks better from the side). I think it's more strategic to have the noob midcase reshaped instead

I have the v1 noob case which was not so good, and I had a arf case. I chose to swap it over, not saying for every one else this is best option, just the route I’m going.

Reactions: pompompurin

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Really keen to understand the mods required to fit 4130 in arf case?

Would arf hands be functional with just movement swap ?

Reactions: Longwood

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
hey guys,

update ted on the build, been wanting to mod the case and make it more gen like shaped.

Made some progress today, sadly I had only a noob Daytona case to go off of. How ever it looks much better.

modded pusher side, reshaped the crown guards, and modded the lugs on other side (arf issue)

Pusher side, not only is the angle off on the pushers from having the 7750 vs 4130 they really missed the shape , and dropped the pushers into far into the case. changing the angle here really made the pushers look correct and more gen like.

xX7dF.jpg

xXFf6.jpg

xXYz0.jpg

I’m hoping to get my hands on a gen case to use a reference. But for the first round I’m very pleased. Also I need to find the tool to remove the pusher tubes from case, was a real pain working around them.

Arf left noob on the right

tried getting the reflextions similar to each other. Can get a little better.

xXNrq.jpg

Reshaped the case using 600 grit on a 1” belt sander finished belt sanding off with 1000 grit, then came back with hand sanding to prep for polish, than followed with Dremel and a rough polishing pad, than followed that with a bench grinder brushing wheel to achieve a smooth surface and polished it off with a 3 step polish process.

xX0nZ.jpg

xXerR.jpg

xXxwg.jpg

all in all I’m very happy so far, had some plans tonight and did not get to finish the watch, hopefully by the weekend I’ll have it together.

gen hands show up on Friday, and I expect the dial and bezel to show up soon.

Last edited:

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
xa9CG.jpg

tossed it together pretty quick just so I could toss it on the wrist. Really loving how much better the lugs look.

any input on how to shape them better?

Reactions: pompompurin

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
You need to sharper the edge of the lugs more. Gen case is very sharp edge side to bottom of the lugs. The arf v2 case is very correct in that case. You could use arf pusher and shorten it , since noob pusher is just wrong looking. Those two ring on the head is too deep .

best case set is a v1 newer batch with correct length and angle of pusher, but they are very rare.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
The Gen hands came in today. Thanks to a good friend for always helping me source parts they came in very fast. Gen hands really are a must have after seeing them.

2p8ST.jpg

2pP9K.jpg

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
What did you have to modify inside the case to get the movement to fit?