• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer I

alexpagp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/17
Hi guys.

I want to make myself a birthday present buying a Rolex Explorer I.

I always have several doubts about what is the best for me.

I don’t want to mod the watch In the future and I think it’s not a problem if the movement of the watch it’s no the best one.
My doubts come when I am decided to purchase a replica around 250$...
Do you think lower price réplicas of the explorer I also has less dial details ?
For example ... do yo think the difference between this two explorer is not only the movements ? Has the chipper explorer less dial details ? .

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...mm-v1-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3132.html

Thank you in advance for your comments !!

Sent from the RWI App

Deagle58

Looking Around
15/10/18
The ARF is regarded as the best rep. Previously it was the JF V2 but the ARF has update a couple of issues in the dial. However, the issue with both these watches is the SH3132 movement which requires servicing as soon as you get it if you are looking for the watch to last.

So yes the cheaper Explorer has less detail but it actually has a more reliable and cheaper to maintain movement. There is also the BP (found from other TD's) which is considered a decent rep. Although it isn't as detailed as the ARF it has a better movement. I don't know what the main flaws are with the BP if someone could chime in on that?

alexpagp

8/12/17
Thank you !
Let’s look forward if someone knows more about it .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Imho you really should get the arf or theJV V2 if it’s available. You should make a WTB for a JF V2 and get one preowned, that will keep the price down.

I don’t think you need to worry about the movement in the ARF, they seem to be just as reliable as an ETA clone, and service is more or less the same cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexpagp

8/12/17
Sounds great. Thank you !

budoobudoo

29/8/08
Best is of course to get a gen. You wouldn’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexpagp

8/12/17
Better with diamonds for sure

Colin90

24/3/18
The best is to get the JF V2, preferably one of the latest batches M2M. Make sure it is already serviced. If that's not an option the ARF will do perfectly as well.

alexpagp

8/12/17
Thanks Colin!!!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
My advice is get a little more money together for your birthday and get a JF Explorer 1 V2 ( as per other members ) . The new ARF watch has been released which is the same watch but in 904L steel for which you pay a $100 premium . This seems to be a replacement for the JF V2 ( which is made in 316L steel ) , so I am not sure about availability .However try a TD they may still be able to get you one . If not there are been a few JF V2 in the M2M sales in the last month , some have already been serviced .

Regarding 'immediate' servicing of the JF V2 , I have had mine for just over 12 months and not had the SH3132 serviced . The watch winds and sets well , and coincidentally has been out of my my watch box and on my wrist for 5 days , it has lost 7 seconds . So fingers crossed. You have picked a great rep as a treat by the way .

Reactions: Maron

alexpagp

8/12/17
Great chocolito! Thank you very much for your advice .

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Narikka (Reg) sells a cheapie for ~$105. I picked up one for my wife and put a strap on it, she loves it. DG2813, I regulated it, it loses about 3 seconds a month. Nice pickup!

15325317403070.jpg

15363321362420.jpg

alexpagp

8/12/17
Very nice looking !!! Thank you!

Reactions: KJ2020

Seamaster3459

28/11/18
Hey Buddy -

I have the BP Explorer I with a swiss movement dropped in. It's phenomenal. I'm a little less talented at spotting subtle differences between the Reps, but it's a stellar watch. My buddy has the GEN Mark II, and when I hold them close together I honestly have trouble telling them apart. I haven't held the ARF rep, but I've heard it's excellent, too. I think the BP and ARF are separated by the "3" numeral being more gen-like in the BP model. Personally - the BP Explorer is the best rep I've ever owned, and my daily wear.

Good luck and happy birthday!

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
My advice is get a little more money together for your birthday and get a JF Explorer 1 V2 ( as per other members ) . The new ARF watch has been released which is the same watch but in 904L steel for which you pay a $100 premium . This seems to be a replacement for the JF V2 ( which is made in 316L steel ) , so I am not sure about availability .However try a TD they may still be able to get you one . If not there are been a few JF V2 in the M2M sales in the last month , some have already been serviced .

Regarding 'immediate' servicing of the JF V2 , I have had mine for just over 12 months and not had the SH3132 serviced . The watch winds and sets well , and coincidentally has been out of my my watch box and on my wrist for 5 days , it has lost 7 seconds . So fingers crossed. You have picked a great rep as a treat by the way .

Can I ask you why its necessary to service a new movement from the factory??

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Can I ask you why its necessary to service a new movement from the factory??

A Chinese Factory knocking out replica movements doesn't have the same sterile conditions / testing /QC as the Rolex factory . Some members report them being dirty and not correctly oiled on arrival, and needing servicing . Not my experience having two watches with a rep SH3132, but worth bearing in mind when purchasing.

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
A Chinese Factory knocking out replica movements doesn't have the same sterile conditions / testing /QC as the Rolex factory . Some members report them being dirty and not correctly oiled on arrival, and needing servicing . Not my experience having two watches with a rep SH3132, but worth bearing in mind when purchasing.

I see, thank you