• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

!!!gen 116500 vs noob 116500 modded!!!finally the real comparison live !!!! Many photos inside !!!

Zacke224

Horology Curious
5/5/19
Good idea: As always, a wonderful mod! Please take more pics with better light for our pleasure. I really like that

bearbrickmax

Horology Curious
12/7/18
Might I just check where did u get this mod done? Am keen to get a piece with the full mods!

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
Excellent mod.

I’ve been searching the forums for a walkthrough guide on how to mod a NOOB Daytona and replace it with ARF parts. Can’t seem to find a full guide. Only found one for the Dial replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
This is bothering me. Is it me or does the GEN and REP photo comparison show one of the watch is smaller than the other? Maybe just the angle of the shots but I see one head on that clearly shows one is smaller in diameter than the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
creamier looking dial is the arf right? so if gen dial is whiter, shouldnt noob dial be more accurate in color?

Kmmas

7/4/15
Correct, in fact in my first message I wrote modded,dial bezel from noob they are ugly and completely wrong, only 116520 white Noob is good.

Even the noob “V2.2” (released after feb 2019)? U still recommend fitting the arf dial, bezel and bracelet? So what’s the best way to do it (since I can’t make these mods myself),.... I would assume order the spare parts along with the noob watch from a TD, then send everything to a reliable modder from the forum to do these mods? Is there a recommended modded specifically for the Daytona?

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
I bought a noob 116500 and recently just received a noob modded with arf bezel and dial. I really thought the Noob was good enough watch. But after receiving the noob with arf parts, I can easily say the difference is night and day.

The subdial thickness was clearly visible when you have the two side by side. The creamier white and the whiter bezel of the ARF really pops out. Sadly, I can't live with a watch with non working chronos subdials, so a plain ARF also won't do.

After all that, it is now very clear that the only way to go about this is to get the Noob and mod it with ARF/gen parts.

You can buy a modded noob with art parts as is? From where

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Take the SELs off at 6 and 12 oclock and then replace them in the opposite place. Apparently this helps remove the slight gaps between case and SEL. Guru's thread, first post, 3rd paragraph, first sentence.

Same for the gasket - need to shave 0.4mm - no need to shave the actual crystal! Guru has inserted pictures in his thread. (Guru's thread, page 1, final para just before pictures). Also see guru's post with this timestamp: 10-08-18, 12:23.

If you search the word gasket in that thread, most of the info you need is condensed on the first page, including some information about using original parts.

Hey man sorry for bothering you and but can you tell me which thread is it?

Adrenix

5/12/18
Its the Daytona ARF / NOOB comparison thread. Started by Guru. Sorry I can't find the link just now but it must have hundreds of pages by now.

Reactions: XLR8R

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Its the Daytona ARF / NOOB comparison thread. Started by Guru. Sorry I can't find the link just now but it must have hundreds of pages by now.

Thank you for your time and answer.

Kmmas

7/4/15
whats the verdict on the new bezel by clean factory? In the review by J time they say it’s better than the noob & arf! Thoughts guys?

Kmmas

7/4/15
I hear the white dial noob “V2.2” as we call it on the forum is fine only the black dial has issues. Or do you guys think the white dial also needs to be replaced with the ARF?