• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

!!!gen 116500 vs noob 116500 modded!!!finally the real comparison live !!!! Many photos inside !!!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Has anyone considered modding the ARF case to take the Noob 4130 movement? Can it be opened up to accomodate Noob's movement?
I have an amazing ARF 116500 V1, and would like to retain the superior ARF bits (dial, bezel, bracelet and, if I am not mistaken, case shape) and transplant the Noob movement.
Does it make sense?

Otherwise, I believe that the ARF is great apart from the thickness: I could consider transplanting a gen crystal gasket, but I don't know if this s enough to achieve Gen-like thickness.
Which solution would you go for (apart from sticking ARF's dial and bezel on a noob, but that implies buying two entire watches to get one)
Thank you in advance for your replies

Can't remember who but someone did it, there's a thread on this, you can look around. Result was good but it required a lot of case reshaping

peterchao

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/3/16
Amazingly good,
Was the base noob starts from a 116520 or 116500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Because ARF 116500 V1 is no longer available, I suppose I can only combine Noob 904L with ARF V2 together.
Could you guys please advise if below spec is the best option so far?

● Noob 904L 116500 watch
● Noob 904L case shape rework
● ARF V2 ceramic bezel
● ARF V2 white dial
● ARF V2 bracelet (will there has gap between the Noob lugs)

Thanks a lot!

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
thewatcher As I have the 116520, so not the ceramic version, anyway a noob one, I can only confirm that you won't have any problems if you use on a noob Daytona an ARF bracelet, the improvement is important and I don't see any gap between the lugs (I mean, not more than with noob watch and noob bracelet)

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
thewatcher As I have the 116520, so not the ceramic version, anyway a noob one, I can only confirm that you won't have any problems if you use on a noob Daytona an ARF bracelet, the improvement is important and I don't see any gap between the lugs (I mean, not more than with noob watch and noob bracelet)

Thanks mate, it's really useful!

Adrenix

5/12/18
thewatcher This is the list of parts I have compiled an am contemplating.

Noob base watch
Casework
Arf Bezel
Arf Dial
Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
ETA 7750 Rotor
JF Slim version case back and screw (required for the rotor)
Arf Crystal (requires a trim of the gasket)
Double check timekeeping, power reserve and a light oil.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

Noob base watch
Casework
Arf Bezel
Arf Dial
Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
ETA 7750 Rotor

Hey, what exactly do you mean by inverting the SELs from 6->12 and by how much would you have to shave the crystal? Wouldn’t it be easier to buy a gen gasket?

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
To see this and to think about the ubiquitous Daytona reps every taxi driver in Brussels had on their wrists 10 or 15 years ago ^^ we've come a long, long way. This is amazing!

Adrenix

5/12/18
Take the SELs off at 6 and 12 oclock and then replace them in the opposite place. Apparently this helps remove the slight gaps between case and SEL. Guru's thread, first post, 3rd paragraph, first sentence.

Same for the gasket - need to shave 0.4mm - no need to shave the actual crystal! Guru has inserted pictures in his thread. (Guru's thread, page 1, final para just before pictures). Also see guru's post with this timestamp: 10-08-18, 12:23.

If you search the word gasket in that thread, most of the info you need is condensed on the first page, including some information about using original parts.

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy

Noob base watch
Casework
Arf Bezel
Arf Dial
ETA 7750 Rotor

It seems like you mixed some Noob and ARF suggestions... You don’t need to change the rotor and caseback on the Noob Daytona 4130.

Adrenix

5/12/18
Thanks Mark, you're absolutely right. I've just re-read the relevant posts on the Guru thread - saves me some time and money!

A few people have recommended oiling the Noob rotor as it can be noisy but that is to be expected.

Reactions: Jpme

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Wonder if Noob will update the bezel numbers. Its too thin.

Adrenix

5/12/18
The bezel is acceptable to my (untrained) eye. The dial is the main issue for me, but annoyingly it's also the hardest to fix.

Cheeto

Horology Curious
26/6/18
Does anyone know a modder in the us that can swap a Daytona gen dial with a noob?? I need to find someone that works on Daytona’s. Thanks!

grandphuba

8/4/18
I bought a noob 116500 and recently just received a noob modded with arf bezel and dial. I really thought the Noob was good enough watch. But after receiving the noob with arf parts, I can easily say the difference is night and day.

The subdial thickness was clearly visible when you have the two side by side. The creamier white and the whiter bezel of the ARF really pops out. Sadly, I can't live with a watch with non working chronos subdials, so a plain ARF also won't do.

After all that, it is now very clear that the only way to go about this is to get the Noob and mod it with ARF/gen parts.

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
Speaking as a novice: the only differences I could tell, aside from the normal wear and tear scratches, is that the gen has a softer white color to the dial, and the crown on the clasp is “cleaner”. Not cleaner like less dirt, just more contrast in the edges to the background.

Would never tell on the wrist.

OrangeLoops

Looking Around
18/4/19
Speaking as a novice: the only differences I could tell, aside from the normal wear and tear scratches, is that the gen has a softer white color to the dial, and the crown on the clasp is “cleaner”. Not cleaner like less dirt, just more contrast in the edges to the background.

Would never tell on the wrist.

Yeah I’m new too, I think I would be hard pressed to tell a difference between a gen and this rep without directly comparing them side to side. The the slightly off white wouldn’t be noticeable in different lighting.

Sent from the RWI App