• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

!!!gen 116500 vs noob 116500 modded!!!finally the real comparison live !!!! Many photos inside !!!

Linky80

Known Member
4/9/18
So basically for a great rep, possibly super rep... we are talking the Noob 116500, but replacing the dial, bezel and bracelet with the ARF?

Surely there must be a modder out there that can work with a TD to supply this super rep at a reasonable price?

Or should we just wait for Noob factory to sort these issues out for making the plunge?!?!????,

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
That looks like the perfect rep (without going Franken). Very hard to tell from the gen, probably impossible to tell on the wrist.

Impossible to tell on the wrist,during the photos, I got confused many times, incredible rep!!!!

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Brother very nice!!!!!! I love it very hard to tell which is gen and rep pnly macro shots.

One question bro, was the crystal height lowered on your noob w gen crystal? This is the only part im missing and they said it needs to shave the crystal gasket. What did you do in yours mate? Was it just direct swap or need also to shave the gasket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed GEN crystal gasket, 2.3 mm

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
lets be honest: the only comparison here is a noob case with a gen case. rest is ARF (dial, bezel, braclet), so overall this is more a GEN VS ARF thread...

Reactions: the massakretor

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
lets be honest: the only comparison here is a noob case with a gen case. rest is ARF (dial, bezel, braclet), so overall this is more a GEN VS ARF thread...
Correct, in fact in my first message I wrote modded,dial bezel from noob they are ugly and completely wrong, only 116520 white Noob is good.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
great comparison and great rep of 116500. I hope NOOb will improve dial of 116500 and bezel of 116520.

Reactions: shotgun

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
shotgun great work! What's the best way to remove these ceramic bezels? Are they prone to cracking?

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
shotgun great work! What's the best way to remove these ceramic bezels? Are they prone to cracking?

Thank you!!
Remove bezel with swiss knife,making slight pressure on the sides of the case,very simple for me...

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
shotgun perfect! Now to get the parts. I've Had a bit of trouble getting ARF parts. May have to buy the whole watch to mod my noob

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
shotgun perfect! Now to get the parts. I've Had a bit of trouble getting ARF parts. May have to buy the whole watch to mod my noob

I bought arf dial from puretime and arf bezel from intime. I've already installed dial, wating for bezel QC pics. Try to mail them. If it can help the dial was like 45$ and the bezel 115$ including airmail shipping

Reactions: Kmmas and Hidenjoy

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
shotgun As always, a wonderful mod! Please take more pics with better light for our pleasure.

Only differences I can see are the "O" in DAYTONA (that in ARF is rounded and in Gen is a bit more oval with straight side) and generally more "refined" in Gen, and maybe the red color of the DAYTONA writing. Maybe subdials are a little bit fatter in gen (very minimal).

... and the caseback seem a bit different (the polished inner ring seems fatter/higher in Noob)

Does the sel fit perfectly or is a bit loose/moving?

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpiece777

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
After a better analysis, it seems that is the subdial font that is a little bigger in ARF dial, subdials rings are identical in size. But, again, this is really minimal and almost invisible even with magnification.

DAYTONA writing is a bit more distant from subdial ring in ARF... we are talking about a 1/10 of a mm or less :)

Kwigyboo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
USA
HI guys, today add new watch in my gen collection, a beauty Daytona 116500, and finally i can compare it whit my modded Daytona noob whit ARF dial bezel, gen crown,gen crystal and ARF bracelet...
I will let the pictures speak for me, now there has been much discussion on this watch and everyone has his opinion...
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on snagging a 116500!

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
After a better analysis, it seems that is the subdial font that is a little bigger in ARF dial, subdials rings are identical in size. But, again, this is really minimal and almost invisible even with magnification.

DAYTONA writing is a bit more distant from subdial ring in ARF... we are talking about a 1/10 of a mm or less :)
Trust me,this watch modded(remove dial and bezel noob super fake) is very very gen like!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

IWCAP

Known Member
18/8/16
Question - using the Noob case is that "only" to get a case that is .5 mm slimmer? So if you can live with watch that is .5mm thicker than gen, you could just go with the ARF and add gen component? Or do the gen components only fit the Noob case?

Extremely nice watches - both of them - congrats!

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Question - using the Noob case is that "only" to get a case that is .5 mm slimmer? So if you can live with watch that is .5mm thicker than gen, you could just go with the ARF and add gen component? Or do the gen components only fit the Noob case?

Extremely nice watches - both of them - congrats!

If you want a working crono buy NOOB, but dial and bezel is totaly wrong(eccept 116520 dial white)and case is not perfect to lateral wiew( fat compared to gen) is a good base to franken for install genuine parts.
ARF you can wear it without mod but the thickness is 13.2mm,accept genuine crystal bezel and crown without mod.

Reactions: IWCAP

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
So basically for a great rep, possibly super rep... we are talking the Noob 116500, but replacing the dial, bezel and bracelet with the ARF?

Surely there must be a modder out there that can work with a TD to supply this super rep at a reasonable price?

Or should we just wait for Noob factory to sort these issues out for making the plunge?!?!????,

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Yeah, I have the same question. Do you guys see any option how someone can combine those two at a reasonable effort?