• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

!!!gen 116500 vs noob 116500 modded!!!finally the real comparison live !!!! Many photos inside !!!

Kmmas

7/4/15
You are right..V1 bezel and dial is better than V2.
I compared with my gen.
In this pics I have V2 bezel,but now change whit V1,more genlike.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Is the V1 version still available to purchase at TDs?

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
You are not the only one who can’t find a proper answer about this,I have search and read almost every treat but can’t find this as well.
So I would be very pleased to have the answer for this as well.

I currently own the noob v2.2 white dail,and looking for some experienced modder as well.

Sent from the RWI App

From what I’ve heard the noob v2.2 white dial is good enough! V close to the ARF.... since you own it do you feel the need to change to ARF still?

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
Does the bracelet of the ARF fit perfectly on the noob? I think I read somewhere that it leaves a gap between the lugs and the bracelets.... those of you who have done it pls shed some light on this

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Does the bracelet of the ARF fit perfectly on the noob? I think I read somewhere that it leaves a gap between the lugs and the bracelets.... those of you who have done it pls shed some light on this

It doesn't fit in my case, so swapped the rest except sels

Reactions: Kmmas

Kmmas

7/4/15
so what are the main differences between the ARF dial and the noob V2.2? The v2 was way off from the gen I agree but the v2.2 seems pretty close to the gen & arf no?

Kmmas

7/4/15
Guys I have a noob V2.2. I plan to buy a ARF donor and swap the bezel and dial. Plan to send it to a modder
With the bracelet I have 3 options
a) swap the entire bracelet including SELs
b) swap the bracelet but not the SELs (as some say the sels of ARF don’t fit perfectly on the noob)
c) just swap the clasp

what do you recommend?

Also I just received my Noob. Havnt even worn it. Should I get the watch serviced aswell? Or is there no need? Plz suggest

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
So the Noob V1 & V2 white dial were way off from the gen. But the the V2.2 (feb 2019 onwards) they seem to have rectified the thickness of the sub dials and seems pretty close to the gen from what I have read and seen on the forum. So my question is, if you own a noob V2.2, is there really a need to swap the dial with a ARF? Is the difference so much between the noob V2.2 white dial and ARF that one should swap?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So the Noob V1 & V2 white dial were way off from the gen. But the the V2.2 (feb 2019 onwards) they seem to have rectified the thickness of the sub dials and seems pretty close to the gen from what I have read and seen on the forum. So my question is, if you own a noob V2.2, is there really a need to swap the dial with a ARF? Is the difference so much between the noob V2.2 white dial and ARF that one should swap?

IMO no... The subdial is something you would notice on the wrist. The other tiny differences, no. After the v2.2. i see absolutely no point in swapping the dial.

Reactions: Kmmas and RiffRalf

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
IMO no... The subdial is something you would notice on the wrist. The other tiny differences, no. After the v2.2. i see absolutely no point in swapping the dial.

Some members agree with your opinion of the Noob 116500 dials being "good enough",
But members who have compared both ARF and Noob Daytona dials side by side, in person, would tend to disagree.

Harry hirsch

Looking Around
29/8/19
Philippines
Found a really bad executed bracelet connection on a chazingtime picture of the 116500,v2. I actually don't know how to post the picture.,but if that what you get after you order with that trusted DEALER OMG

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Think the new Noob V2. has updated sub dials that are not too fat and much closer to gen and ARF ones. Clean Factory bezel will round this off nicely.

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08

i think noob v2.2 might even be more accurate, because gen is flat white, and not creamy like ARF

also arf subdials are a fraction thinner than gen, looking closer to zenith daytona. noob v2.2 has exact subdial thickness.

only positive ive seen with ARF are crispier lettering (except red "daytona" its too dark)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2841

Kmmas

7/4/15
Had anyone installed a gen dial to their noob? How much does a ten dial cost and is it easy to source?

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
There is a report one one of these threads that a bent spring bar may be to blame and that replacing the spring bar with a thicker one cured the gap. YMMV of course

Reactions: Kmmas

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
There is a report one one of these threads that a bent spring bar may be to blame and that replacing the spring bar with a thicker one cured the gap. YMMV of course

I changed my spring bars to Swiss quality, and yes that more or less cured my SEL gap.

But this is between the SEL and the BRACELET