Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

!!!gen 116500 vs noob 116500 modded!!!finally the real comparison live !!!! Many photos inside !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

could somebody tell me which one looks gen? Daytona arf v2 or noob 1:1. Noob costs at time 200 dollar more then arf Version, but it’s fully functionally chrono. I read that arf dial and clasp are better. Is it really so? Sorry for my Englisch, i’m Italian.

thanks all

Comment

Arf has better dial and bezel

Noob better case I think* and has working subdials on the chrono

Comment

Originally posted by ricroma3377 View Post
        Hi all,

could somebody tell me which one looks gen? Daytona arf v2 or noob 1:1. Noob costs at time 200 dollar more then arf Version, but it’s fully functionally chrono. I read that arf dial and clasp are better. Is it really so? Sorry for my Englisch, i’m Italian.

thanks all
        read this thread.

Comment

Has anyone considered modding the ARF case to take the Noob 4130 movement? Can it be opened up to accomodate Noob's movement?
          I have an amazing ARF 116500 V1, and would like to retain the superior ARF bits (dial, bezel, bracelet and, if I am not mistaken, case shape) and transplant the Noob movement.
          Does it make sense?

Otherwise, I believe that the ARF is great apart from the thickness: I could consider transplanting a gen crystal gasket, but I don't know if this s enough to achieve Gen-like thickness.
          Which solution would you go for (apart from sticking ARF's dial and bezel on a noob, but that implies buying two entire watches to get one)
          Thank you in advance for your replies

Comment

Originally posted by Gianlucac4s View Post
            Has anyone considered modding the ARF case to take the Noob 4130 movement? Can it be opened up to accomodate Noob's movement?
            I have an amazing ARF 116500 V1, and would like to retain the superior ARF bits (dial, bezel, bracelet and, if I am not mistaken, case shape) and transplant the Noob movement.
            Does it make sense?

Otherwise, I believe that the ARF is great apart from the thickness: I could consider transplanting a gen crystal gasket, but I don't know if this s enough to achieve Gen-like thickness.
            Which solution would you go for (apart from sticking ARF's dial and bezel on a noob, but that implies buying two entire watches to get one)
            Won't you need to buy the Noob v2 to get its 4130 movement anyway?

As far as I know the chrono pushers/lugs of the ARF is proportionally off. As such, I don't think it would be an easy task, but we should defer that question to the modders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gianlucac4s View Post
              Does it make sense?

Can't remember who but someone did it, there's a thread on this, you can look around. Result was good but it required a lot of case reshaping

Comment

Amazingly good,
                Was the base noob starts from a 116520 or 116500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Because ARF 116500 V1 is no longer available, I suppose I can only combine Noob 904L with ARF V2 together.
                  Could you guys please advise if below spec is the best option so far?

● Noob 904L 116500 watch
                  ● Noob 904L case shape rework
                  ● ARF V2 ceramic bezel
                  ● ARF V2 white dial
                  ● ARF V2 bracelet (will there has gap between the Noob lugs)

Thanks a lot!

Comment

thewatcher As I have the 116520, so not the ceramic version, anyway a noob one, I can only confirm that you won't have any problems if you use on a noob Daytona an ARF bracelet, the improvement is important and I don't see any gap between the lugs (I mean, not more than with noob watch and noob bracelet)

Comment

Originally posted by Seefeld View Post
                      thewatcher As I have the 116520, so not the ceramic version, anyway a noob one, I can only confirm that you won't have any problems if you use on a noob Daytona an ARF bracelet, the improvement is important and I don't see any gap between the lugs (I mean, not more than with noob watch and noob bracelet)
                      Thanks mate, it's really useful!

Comment

thewatcher This is the list of parts I have compiled an am contemplating.

Noob base watch
                        Casework
                        Arf Bezel
                        Arf Dial
                        Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
                        ETA 7750 Rotor
                        JF Slim version case back and screw (required for the rotor)
                        Arf Crystal (requires a trim of the gasket)
                        Double check timekeeping, power reserve and a light oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenix View Post

Noob base watch
                          Casework
                          Arf Bezel
                          Arf Dial
                          Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
                          ETA 7750 Rotor
                          Hey, what exactly do you mean by inverting the SELs from 6->12 and by how much would you have to shave the crystal? Wouldn’t it be easier to buy a gen gasket?

Comment

To see this and to think about the ubiquitous Daytona reps every taxi driver in Brussels had on their wrists 10 or 15 years ago ^^ we've come a long, long way. This is amazing!

Comment

Take the SELs off at 6 and 12 oclock and then replace them in the opposite place. Apparently this helps remove the slight gaps between case and SEL. Guru's thread, first post, 3rd paragraph, first sentence.

Same for the gasket - need to shave 0.4mm - no need to shave the actual crystal! Guru has inserted pictures in his thread. (Guru's thread, page 1, final para just before pictures). Also see guru's post with this timestamp: 10-08-18, 12:23.

If you search the word gasket in that thread, most of the info you need is condensed on the first page, including some information about using original parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenix View Post

Noob base watch
                                Casework
                                Arf Bezel
                                Arf Dial
                                ETA 7750 Rotor
                                It seems like you mixed some Noob and ARF suggestions... You don’t need to change the rotor and caseback on the Noob Daytona 4130.

Comment

Working...
                                X