• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN V9 vs ARF breakdown

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Looks great to me. Only thing I can see personally being off with that model is the white paint on the insert. Though it seems like that's a simple mod to fix.

As for the top picture the watch is 15.5 seconds fast a day and I believe the beat error is 0.2 (not sure how that all works to be honest)

Did the TD water test the watch for you?

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I was going through this hard to pick phase till one of my watches with a 3135 movement broke down and found cost of parts are $$$. So i decided to go ARF while my best friend went with V9.

Video says it all.

https://youtu.be/F5ZcDauX-9s

V9 is on the left. Spongbob bezel paint mod plus prof black hole crystal.

ARF on right Spongbob bezel paint mod plus prof black hole crystal. Gen dial dw.

My question is...i noticed crowns are different.ARF Looks bigger and stiffer feeling. So which is correct? Shall i go gen crown on ARF?

https://youtu.be/xzn4C5aoaYI

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: k4jun

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I was going through this hard to pick phase till one of my watches with a 3135 movement broke down and found cost of parts are $$$. So i decided to go ARF while my best friend went with V9.

Video says it all.

https://youtu.be/F5ZcDauX-9s

V9 is on the left. Spongbob bezel paint mod plus prof black hole crystal.

ARF on right Spongbob bezel paint mod plus prof black hole crystal. Gen dial dw.

My question is...i noticed crowns are different.ARF Looks bigger and stiffer feeling. So which is correct? Shall i go gen crown on ARF?

https://youtu.be/xzn4C5aoaYI

Crown tube, ARF crown tube is wrong, there was a thread where one guy has modded it, look for it.

Thanks for the videos!

Reactions: gabro

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
V9 over the arf. The arf I had was garbage co.pared to the v9. I sold the v9 a d have the spongebob and prof xtal on my v9. No regrets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
Honestly after handling both in hand. I have no idea why many were going mad over the ARF. Noob with no mods did look immaculate!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Because the v9 standard insert looks nothing like gen.

Noob v9 is great for modding

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
k4jun thanks mate. Can't find that thread anywhere. Any chance for a link please

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
Tigerdragon but ARF stock insert was very white. A none watch friend even spotted that.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
but has a slightly grey tone it it, the v9 is just not the right color not even close.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I find the pearl to be off on the noobs, it's slightly pointy and I can't get past it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Looks great to me. Only thing I can see personally being off with that model is the white paint on the insert. Though it seems like that's a simple mod to fix.

As for the top picture the watch is 15.5 seconds fast a day and I believe the beat error is 0.2 (not sure how that all works to be honest)

Did the TD water test the watch for you?

Failed miserably at 3Bar! Should be able to fix that hopefully, the 15s/d is a little woeful too, TD wouldn't adjust it so i'll guess ill have to! still looking forward to it tho...

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
The funny thing is that everyone is focused on Noob and ARF, while nobody mentions these best subs from that other factory.

e5QVU.png
What??

Sent from the RWI App

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
k4jun thanks mate. Can't find that thread anywhere. Any chance for a link please

Sorry mate, I didn't save it in favs. Could be it was somewhere in the big arf 2824 thread by occb2.