• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN V9 vs ARF breakdown

Ladiesman88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/16
Hey fellow members,

I have spent countless of hours trying to figure out which one i should go with but this eminent watch carries over 500 pages of information and for a simply person as i am i really dont have more time to read more pages.

Is it possible for a kind soul to please provide a "profound" breakdown of what the pros and cons is between these to factorys in one single thread? I know im not the only one with this question and this will simply result in less "same" type of threads :)

SO, i will start of with what i have found and if its wrong please correct the info. And if you can please also provide WHY its better, not as im doing below. I couldnt really find any solid info and yes i might be my lack of knowledge of search forum of type of search string. Please excuse my lack of "serach" abilities

Rolex Submariner 116610 LN

ARF

+Better strap
+Better SEL
+
+
-
-
-

NOOB V9
+Better case
+Better Bezel
+Better Insert

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Are you going to pay somebody else to do your homework :)
As you are very busy, you probably earn a lot too :) :))

Reactions: Dirtydaps

Dan8888

Known Member
13/2/16
ARF should have a more visually correct clasp...
(Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert :))

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
The funny thing is that everyone is focused on Noob and ARF, while nobody mentions these best subs from that other factory.

e5QVU.png

Ladiesman88

8/8/16
Hey fellow members,

I have spent countless of hours trying to figure out which one i should go with but this eminent watch carries over 500 pages of information and for a simply person as i am i really dont have more time to read more pages.

Is it possible for a kind soul to please provide a "profound" breakdown of what the pros and cons is between these to factorys in one single thread? I know im not the only one with this question and this will simply result in less "same" type of threads :)

SO, i will start of with what i have found and if its wrong please correct the info. And if you can please also provide WHY its better, not as im doing below. I couldnt really find any solid info and yes i might be my lack of knowledge of search forum of type of search string. Please excuse my lack of "serach" abilities

Rolex Submariner 116610 LN

ARF

+Better strap
+Better SEL
+
+
-
-
-

NOOB V9
+Better case
+Better Bezel
+Better Insert

Lol, no. If thats the case i wouldnt buy a replica. My hope was that someone that has insight could shed some light over this top of mind.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
You could buy the Noob V9, only if you plan to swap out the dial, hands, and dw with gen parts. The SA3135 is one of the most unreliable movement.
Out of the box, ARF looks better than the Noob to the naked eyes.

Or ... you can wait for the ARF 904L SH3135

No need to wait. It's up on puretime. They didnt change the case from the 2824 version though.

Ladiesman88

8/8/16
No need to wait. It's up on puretime. They didnt change the case from the 2824 version though.

Yeah however Rob alomst totally dissed it :O. He has a prototype so hopefully it will be better and that ARF takes Robs thoughts and points seriously

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
ARF has the better insert, no mod needed. Both has flaws, just get both and mix and match then sell the unwanted watch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ladiesman88

8/8/16
ARF has the better insert, no mod needed. Both has flaws, just get both and mix and match then sell the unwanted watch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do you mind dropping some of the obvious flaws on each?

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I'm in the same boat, so thanks for the post. How reliable is the SH3135 compared to the A2824, if i purchase the ARF with the 2824 am i stuck with the bold font datewheel that comes with it? is it only the SH that takes gen parts, or can i get a reasonable looking rep datewheel that will fit the 2824? Also the SA3135... is it a very bad movement to be avoided?

leonliuli

8/6/18
Don't buy the ARF SH3135, if you read the review from occb2 it looked like garbage compared to the ARF2824.

Just go with the ARF 2824 for amazing ootb look which include a great starting package, if you dont like it and feel like you want to franken, sell it and go for the Noob v9. If you dont like that, sell it and buy a GEN. 1,2,3.

Rustyrust

29/5/18
I'm in the same boat, so thanks for the post. How reliable is the SH3135 compared to the A2824, if i purchase the ARF with the 2824 am i stuck with the bold font datewheel that comes with it? is it only the SH that takes gen parts, or can i get a reasonable looking rep datewheel that will fit the 2824? Also the SA3135... is it a very bad movement to be avoided?

Pretty sure you can just install a gen date wheel overlay.

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
QC PICS

Hi all, in the end I chose a Noob V9 A2836, here are the QC pics, to my untrained eye I think it looks great but I would love to hear your comments on it... also what is the first picture for? I assume it's time keeping but can anyone translate it for me? Also waterproof test came in at 3 bar, which I assume is not waterproof at all!. Thanks in advance.