• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob or ARF for deepsea blue?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi guys. Having a hardtime between the two? Which one is more accurate between the two?

I think I’m behind the game, but the problem with the early ARF was the gradient dial. It did have a much better insert. I believe ARF remedied the dial but I better practice what I preach and do some research. I’ll dig up some links to reviews and post them here.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
ARF case is completely wrong and it will never a close as possible to GEN...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
ARF case is completely wrong and it will never *be as close as possible to GEN...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Go Noob..try to find a v6s ..if not dont sweat it and grab a new one..ARF case shape is way off and the dial color is way too light at the top..have fun!

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
I agree with domsdaddy about the dial color. I love that watch and the ARF dial color better than the GEN. Unfortunately the ARF dial is much lighter at the top. The blue color is very pretty but also an instant tell.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I just purchased a ARF V2 gradient dial for my ARF. DSSD and the gradient seems to be s little higher than the first version. The blue is also darker, the dial turns black in most lighting conditions

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I just purchased a ARF V2 gradient dial for my ARF. DSSD and the gradient seems to be s little higher than the first version. The blue is also darker, the dial turns black in most lighting conditions
Could you please post some pics . That would be awesome.

Although arf is currently working on the 2018 release which I believe is reference 126660, updates include slightly different case shape and new bracelet which is slightly wider than its predecessor.

Angus intimated most likely before Christmas we could potentially have it released

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wraithier

19/6/16
I have the Noob V7 with a Spongebob insert.

The dial in the ARF is still too blue in both versions, and the case shape is wrong. I do think ARF has an advantage in the bezel insert. I could care less about the 316 vs 904L as they look identical when side by side IMO, and yes I own different watches with both types of SS.

Here's a comparison thread for the Noob V7 vs Gen.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/272543-dssd-blue-gen-vs-rep-v7-side-by-side

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ARFs lug shape is way wrong

Reactions: stufuse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
ARF version looks too fat around the lugs. This makes a big watch even bigger.

The other deal breaker for me is the ARF is now only available with the SH3135 clone, so big bills if it breaks.

The Noob with 2836 is a really good one - get a spongebob bezel insert for it and you're golden.

Reactions: Raddave

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
ARF version looks too fat around the lugs. This makes a big watch even bigger.

The other deal breaker for me is the ARF is now only available with the SH3135 clone, so big bills if it breaks.

The Noob with 2836 is a really good one - get a spongebob bezel insert for it and you're golden.

How bad is the current Noob insert? The past inserts were way too dark. I know Noob improved their inserts on the newest 116610 but they are still not as good as the ARF. Has Noob upgraded the DSSD inserts?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
How bad is the current Noob insert? The past inserts were way too dark. I know Noob improved their inserts on the newest 116610 but they are still not as good as the ARF. Has Noob upgraded the DSSD inserts?

Not sure - I haven't got this watch - she's too fat for me.
I know the Noob V9 sub insert still sucks though so I'd be surprised if this was good.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if it’s the lighting or white balance, but seems very magenta/purple on the dial. The gradient looks better, but the writing in the dial seems too thin.

I have a gen 126660 and am very interested how the factories do with this model.