• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona riddle for the weekend

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
WoW that ARF bezel looked like a gen with my untrained eyes. Is there a way to fix the SEL on the noob?

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
no, your post was not on when I wrote mine, took me some time , started to write and got a beer. anyhow, good eyes

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

I see, I am amazed on how good the ARF dial is. Only a couple details can be called out by a trained eye. Someone who has not seen picture 1000x zoomed and spent some time spotting the differences will never be able to call it out. Let alone while wearing the watch. On the other hand gen crystal makes a huge difference, the rehaut appears lower and with different bevel angle.

Enjoy your watches:)

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
I saw the gen bezel on right (the "3" is different from both Noob and ARF bezels). I had some difficult with Dials in the first picture but in the magnified picyou can see that ARF dial has the "60" in subdial that is a little bit "rotate" on the right. Also the "DAYTONA" in ARF is a different font and color. Subdials on ARF are a bit too shiny

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
This is what I mean with the "3" on bezel (LEFT ARF - RIGHT GEN:

e5bLh.jpg

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
ARF seems a little bolder too. Thanks for pointing it out, i know what to look for now. LOL

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok, here we go. The reason I put this riddle in is that most of the time we all complain about little flaws and then when you see something and you can compare it, you do not remember stuff or see the flaws.

So on the left is my noob franken with gen dial, gen crown / tubus and ARF bezel.

On the right is a noob with ARF dial, GEN bezel and gen crystal.

Now, noboday has seen the gen bezel, that is a big suprise to me.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

The ARF bezel is so close to gen. The dots are what give it away - ARF dots right on the inside edge. No one guessed you split up the gen dial from the gen bezel!

We'll remember now!

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
And here another little difference on bezel (LEFT ARF - RIGHT GEN):

e51sD.jpg

Just seen this. That's not totally true because seems that they have copied layout from MK6 bezel. This is a genuine MK6 bezel:

VXnkxf.jpg

Reactions: srhoque

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Just seen this. That's not totally true because seems that they have copied layout from MK6 bezel. This is a genuine MK6 bezel:

VXnkxf.jpg

I have also seen this bezel on chrono24, as I was in search for a Gen bezel for my 116520 build. After seeing the pics I came to realisation, that (at least for the moment) the ARF V2 bezel is good enough for me. I am really excited to see Domi do his magic on my Noob/ARF hybrid.