• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Movement: VR3135

Dpap

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
20/6/13
Does anyone know how to order just the movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Not sure about that. Jennifer from Puretime told me that they do not sell only the movement.
Now if you know a way, I am totally interested.

She obviously likes me more than you, too bad ;-)

03e52a8e7113af7000a094e2e179d22c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I also tried to get the VR3135 movement. Angus at Puretime doesn't deal with that factory for parts and I had to order the full watch which is OK. The case is another part that I want too look at. So I ordered the whole watch.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I also tried to get the VR3135 movement. Angus at Puretime doesn't deal with that factory for parts and I had to order the full watch which is OK. The case is another part that I want too look at. So I ordered the whole watch.

Have you received your qc pictures yet?
If so, how do they look?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I got QC pics a few days ago. Sorry for not posting about that. Looks good runs strong but will need adjusting. It was running -12 second a day. I will post the pics so you guys can see what the VRF 116610LV looks like. Just from looking at it, the case looks really good. The SEL seems good but I saw some post that they have a gap. Couldn't see it in the QC pics. Dial looks good but they all do till I compare it to my real 116610LV. This will be the first LV I compare 1 to 1 here. I can tell you that the bezel numbers are way to big and deep. I would love to see the color of the bezel compared to mine.

hC3wU.md.jpg

hCmp8.md.jpg

hC573.md.jpg

hCOrD.md.jpg

The crown and tube have to go. There is way too much daylight there. I will try a real crown with their tube first but if that doest work I will countersink the hole and tap a real tube. Lots of work but at the end of the day better look and seal. The crystal in the pics looks amazing. Date wheel looks good too. I got my fingers crossed. I would love to throw my 116610LN in this case if it is as good as it looks. Right now I have it in a Noob V9 case.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Does anyone know how to order just the movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try any TD.
Puretime will supply you with the parts if you ordered a watch from them, as per the previous posts I guess PT is not dealing with this maker anyway.
So try Toro - he is really good is sourcing parts, or Trusty (Trusty is not TD here though)

Reactions: occb2

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
occb2 could you try to swap any (gen or rep) bezel assembly on this VRF case?
VRF serial looks very-very-like a BP serial. The older BP cases had too wide crystal and gasket, hence they did not accept noob/gen bezel. Wondering how it is right now.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
occb2 could you try to swap any (gen or rep) bezel assembly on this VRF case?
VRF serial looks very-very-like a BP serial. The older BP cases had too wide crystal and gasket, hence they did not accept noob/gen bezel. Wondering how it is right now.

I will definitely try as soon as I get it. Smoke also said in a prior post that it looked like a BP. I just know that BP has been out of the game for awhile with the 6 digt sub.

Reactions: k4jun

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Also if you remember BP didnt have a notch on the case and it was a ETA rep. So those things lead me to believe it is a different case. Maybe same maker,

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Also if you remember BP didnt have a notch on the case and it was a ETA rep. So those things lead me to believe it is a different case. Maybe same maker,

BP had (really good btw) 3135 cases too. Once BP has gone - GMF poped-up. GMF 6-digits are pretty much the same as BP (same cases, dials) just updated bezel insert + v7 bracelet.
This VRF has a new bracelet but the rehaut looks very-like BP rehaut (good I mean). Do not remember about the notch, I still have 1 year old BP case but do not have a tool to open it.

Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Good to know. I never worked on a BP 3135 watch. Every one was an ETA or Miyota on the old 5 dig.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
All BP came with SA movements and their 6digit cases had a serial 6M9G****
Pros of BP 3135 are: good case shape, good (old) rehaut and SEL fitment.
Pain was in the bezel, as the bezel was too flat and the insert was not interchangeable with noob/other reps.
Once I swapped v7 bezel I learned that crystal is a pain too.
Here is v7 bezel on BP case, but not possible to press noob insert as its inner diameter is smaller than outer diameter of bp crystal, lol

Be careful when you try a different bezel.

hcuMs.jpg

hcEAh.jpg

Last edited:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Good to know. I have 3 noob bezel assemblies and a bunch of crystals. I am doing a crystal for someone here that had brought a used crystal and they gave him the wrong gasket. So I had to order a few. After I do that and actually have the LV in hand I will do a quick side to side with my real LV and then take it apart and see if the noob or real bezel fits. Also the crystal. I am hoping. I would love a real rolex spec 6 digit case that is 904. Lets not forget the last one I know that was a 1 to 1 with the 116610 was the V6S noob. The lack of 904 didn't bother me.