• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arf 116610ln sh3135

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Many thanks for your efforts Rob, much appreciated, I’m looking at purchasing a sub to add to my small collection and I do like to do my homework so this has helped me no end, cheers

Reactions: occb2

Stribbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
I’m awaiting delivery of the ARF 2824 and when I started reading this I was thinking I should have waited. Now I have got to the end of the post I’m feeling very happy with my order.

Great thanks to occb2 for the very late night hard work. Much appreciated my friend.

Reactions: occb2

WatchFreak68

13/8/18
I’m awaiting delivery of the ARF 2824 and when I started reading this I was thinking I should have waited. Now I have got to the end of the post I’m feeling very happy with my order.

Great thanks to occb2 for the very late night hard work. Much appreciated my friend.

I feel the same way.

I ordered my ARF sub from Puretime several weeks ago and have been wearing it since. Before I ordered I asked Angus about the pending SH3135 release and he said that it may be months into the new year before its available. At first I was a little upset as it is now available for order, but after reading this thread, I am happy that I have my ARF 2824.

Thanks for the review.

Reactions: Stribbo and occb2

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Thanks for your review occb2 ! Noted that you are not that impressed with this version.
You have mentioned in an earlier post that this is not as close you like when "compared to the gen or a super rep". If I could ask you to elaborate, what would you consider to be a super-rep? The ARF 282x? Noob V9? Some other?

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its always the same with the Submariners, they do one good version and then they fuck it up in all other versions. Thats how they make money sadly but true.

Reactions: vcappp and occb2

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I have to question this statement. Are you really complaining about the laser engraving on the end links? You do realize this is a fake band and the engraving on the end link is not visible when on the watch? Are you going to take the band off and say...."Hear look the engraving on the end link shows it is real!" I think you are being way to picky and just go out and buy a real Rolex.

Dude, this is RWI. That invisible laser etching is the next "instant tell".

(joking - the guys comment was whack)

Shame this edition looks crap - you think you can patch it up well enough to sell on like you did with the 2824 version?

Reactions: samhumane80

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Thank for your time and effort m8 !
So glad I got the 2824
7edf25cf9aa57368b07587b212e7906c.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thanks for your review occb2 ! Noted that you are not that impressed with this version.
You have mentioned in an earlier post that this is not as close you like when "compared to the gen or a super rep". If I could ask you to elaborate, what would you consider to be a super-rep? The ARF 282x? Noob V9? Some other?

No. A super rep to me is one that one builds from real Rolex parts and rep parts. I should say a Super Franklyn. Example is the 116610LN that I have. It has a real bezel, crystal ring, clicks, dial, hands, crystal, crown, 97200 and 3135. Only thing on it not Rolex is the clasp and the mid case which is a noob V9 3135 904L 116610. To me that is a SUPER rep. LOL. This is my sickness. I am sorry. I love, over time, building up my watches to be Rolex. If I could find another 116610 case that is an LN I would do the same thing I did with my 116610LV. I wear my subs all the time. Love them.

Now this ARF is NOT worth getting if it continues to be produced like this one.

I found why the rotor was making noise. The oscillating weight was rubbing on the movement. I tried to change the weight and every one I put on still rubbed. I swapped the auto winding bridge to another SH3135 one and it fixed it. Quiet as heck.

Besides that the SH3135 is well oiled and clean. I guess that is what they are considering upgrades. The auto winding bridge I removed is the same as the last generation, just clean. The reversing wheels are steel and not brass. Engraving is sharp on the movement not that anyone is going to see it. But all in all movement is nice. I am going to break it up and play around with it at a later date.

The rehaut engraving is burned. Brown in color. Crystal is good. Not much about this watch is worth even taking about. I am very disappointed in ARF.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Dude, this is RWI. That invisible laser etching is the next "instant tell".

(joking - the guys comment was whack)

Shame this edition looks crap - you think you can patch it up well enough to sell on like you did with the 2824 version?

Lol. Yea. It was. The big thing to me is that this really isn't worth selling. Also I didn't sell the ARF 2824. I gave it to RWI for a Raffle. I wouldn't do that with this. It really isn't worth it. It is worth max $300. The movement and crystal and maybe clasp. The watch is not a good copy of a 116610LN. To me the ARF 116610LN 2824 was the best turn key rep of the 116610LN. That is if you planned never to do an upgrade. I have alway said the perfect one is a combo of the ARF and the NOOB 9. But on this ARF the insert is not great. The pearl is off. The date wheel (Which should be fixed by release) is bad. The dial looks weird. The rehaut angle and engraving is odd. The lugs are a little thicker the crown is to high. SEL is off. The watch weights less and feels not real. All this makes this watch a no go for me. As of now I am sticking with my noob V9 3135 case. Perfect SEL looks amazing. Even though the case is all that isn't rolex on that head it still holds a 3135 inside with movement screws and not tabs and I used the noob tube with a Rolex crown and it feels perfect.

What I planned on doing was hopefully giving this a great review and donating it to RWI for an auction. I wouldn't do that now. This is not a good copy. I paid for it and I will just strip it and use parts for repairs. Not happy!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
My buddy asked me and I guess I should post this. He told me since I change all parts to Rolex why not get this just for the movement and crystal and clasp. Answer is very easy. The Noob V9 3135 case that I got is better. My SEL's are perfect and the engraving is perfect and so are the lugs and the crown guards. I have read from Smokes threads that they are hit or miss. Mine is fine. For that I would not get this ARF as a builder case. The ARF is using tabs to hold in the movement where the Noob uses the case itself with movement screws as does rolex. Noob did forget to cut a notch but they have been doing that since the V7. The V6S was the best casting of a rolex case for building. I was hoping noobs V9 which was 904 would have that notch. Never the less the first series of the noob V9 3135 looks amazing.

I have a new set of hand, New date wheel, a rolex C12 crystal and I can check to see if the tube needs countersinking or if a real tube will fit and crown to fix that terrible hight. I would still have to polish the rehaut and I can't do anything about the angle of it. Then I have a new rolex crystal ring and Hydrol ring I would have to locate a real bezel and real dial. That is all it will take to get this watch in the playing field for me.

It would really be better to get a V9 Noob 3135 and buy a SH3135 and hands and date wheel and bezel and call it a day.
Noob is what, $500 dollars?
Date wheel $120
Crystal $300
Bezel $700
SH3135 $200.
Real crystal ring $200 (You can get away with modding the noob one)
Hands $300
Total=$2320ish for a killer amazing 116610LN. Compare that to a $10,000 watch. Just saying. LOL.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Just heard back from Angus. Again I am not trying to push one TD. He is the TD that sends me JF and ARF for review.

He just said that the whole current production is like this and that the maker said that they will try to make it better in the future productions. So lets keep telling him and all the TD's what we are looking for. I gave him a list of what I found wrong with it.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Here are some movement shots. It is very clean and oiled. The amp is a nice 250-260. Beat error was .2 I got it down to zero. The seconds prepay in face down was -5 I got it to -/+ 1-2. Very nice movement. Again cleanest that I have ever seen in a rep. Now the auto winding bridge was off for some reason. I am leaning to the jewel on the pivot of the oscillating wight. No matter how many weights I used the rotor would make contact with the movement at the same spot. I swapped the bridge with another and perfect.

kxD2p.md.jpg

ksdXe.md.jpg

kxEFh.md.jpg

ksSiL.md.jpg

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Thanks for your effort and review. Must admit I was hoping for a positive review, with an aim to order in Jan!! But I'll wait.

You mention the crystal is good? That's promising. Does the Noob offer the Black Hole? Itching to update my LV V7!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JRB33165 and vcappp

Kwigyboo

12/2/18
USA
Thanks for your effort and review. Must admit I was hoping for a positive review, with an aim to order in Jan!! But I'll wait.

You mention the crystal is good? That's promising. Does the Noob offer the Black Hole? Itching to update my LV V7!!

My Noob V9 does seem to have the black hole effect, but I notice that the Cyclops appears to be cloudier than on my Gen. Not sure if it is because of the adhesive they use or the crystal itself.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I haven't reviewed anything from noob since the V9 came out. The first batch had an amazing case. Bezel and crystal left a lot to be desired. Never the less what I see happening is quality is not there for long run. Noob will make an amazing case and then when they need more they use old ones or recast cases and they are not the same. Smoke saw my V9 and loved it. Then saw more and either they were using V8 cases or left overs.

ARF has been on a up swing. I was really hoping they would hit it out of the park with this one.

Look at these pics of the rehaut! Terrible.

kGaep.md.jpg

Real 116610LV
kPuGF.md.jpg

Look at the angle of the rehaut. It is flat. No angle or if there is one it is very slight. Throws the whole look off.

kGtqX.md.jpg

nonox

30/3/12
Thank you very much for your feedback on this model.

I am disappointed too, I was looking forward to this model to replace my noob v5 (movement Tissot powermatic 80) which works very well but I do not like the direction of rotation of the hands during the time setting.

I think I will finally order a noob v9 and a sh3135 separately. Put the sa3135 DW on sh3135 (sa3135 DW looks not so bad apparently)
Or wait for the sa3135 to crash, which should happen soon :)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Just heard back from Angus. Again I am not trying to push one TD. He is the TD that sends me JF and ARF for review.

He just said that the whole current production is like this and that the maker said that they will try to make it better in the future productions. So lets keep telling him and all the TD's what we are looking for. I gave him a list of what I found wrong with it.

Switching to 2824 version...904l...thank you for the review as I do not want to waste $$ for a bad version. 114060 here we come

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
I have to question this statement. Are you really complaining about the laser engraving on the end links? You do realize this is a fake band and the engraving on the end link is not visible when on the watch? Are you going to take the band off and say...."Hear look the engraving on the end link shows it is real!" I think you are being way to picky and just go out and buy a real Rolex.

For all others. The watch came in today. 4 days after he shipped it. I have been swamped at my other job and got home at 10PM. I open it and it is wrapped. Odd thing, it comes with a warranty card with the serial number and model number which is cool. Crazy what they are doing with these reps. I should be home tomorrow at a reasonable time to write up a review. It will defiantly happen by the weekend.
You sell some really stuff mate, but your prices are also sky high to the roof also,you also told the "society" he cant charge for labour but you do it yourself. I dont remember you ever saying "the new Dials are very close to GEN so no one is really going to take it off and see GEN dial's engraving on the back and you still yet put them on because it's as close to the GEN as possible . Same principle applies to laser marks. Doesnt it ?

The hobby is about as close as to GEN. And when you take steps to downgrade a few steps backwards you are questioning the support of your true work fan, like myself

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Thanks for the informative review! I recently ordered the 116610 LV ARF with 2824 movement from Puretime, and afterwards was second guessing myself over whether I should have waited for the LV version of this one that you just reviewed.... now I'm glad I ordered what I did!