• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Day-Date 40 Presidential

Jbaah

Horology Curious
24/10/18
Hi All,

Sort of a weird one, I am new but not new (If that makes sense). I have been browsing this forum for a while now, keeping an eye on posts, builds, etc. I think you are a fantastic bunch, great community.

I noticed not many go for a gold replica, I understand why, they have their drawbacks. sort of got my head around the whole gold wrapping / gold plated.

Looking for a helping hand / experience. I have come across the following two (Not sure if I can post links to sites so I avoided it) - Both roman markers.

intime - Wrapped DayDate40 presidential

Puretime - plated DayDate40 presidential

Now one thing that is blowing my mind is the intime watch is priced at $1,418. Significant amount of money for a rep. Does anyone have an idea whether the price difference is completely justifiable?

Does anyone own either of the two for pictures?

One thing I still struggle to do is search through the forum.

Joey

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes you can post links, please do so. Price difference is due to thickness of gold plating. Suggest you read more threads about the difference between 'plated' and 'wrapped'.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looked at both links. The Noob is 5 mils thick, the BP is 15-20. That's why the price difference. You would probably be OK with the Noob, I have seen a number of posts and pics where members say they are happy with it. Obviously thicker plating is better but few people can justify $1400 on a rep. That said, the BP wrapped bracelet and case are well known to be the best available for finish.

Videos here
http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=17111

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?...ducts_id=15989

Last edited:

Jbaah

Horology Curious
24/10/18
Thank, appreciate the time you have taken to help out! BP wrapped bracelet certainly does look the part!

Reactions: KJ2020