• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub Running at "0" sec/day?

WatchFreak68

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/18
I've had my ARF sub. that I ordered from Puretime for over a week now and have measured its accuracy 2 times using the Toolwatch app.

Both times, the measurement has resulted in a 0 sec/day loss or gain. I have a hard time believing this, and wondering if I have a Quartz movement inside :)

Has anyone else had an automatic that has performed this well, and for how long?

Thanks

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
You sure your app is working properly? Those mobile apps are notorious for being incorrect. I gave up and bought a proper timegraph machine.

WatchFreak68

13/8/18
You sure your app is working properly? Those mobile apps are notorious for being incorrect. I gave up and bought a proper timegraph machine.

Good question.

When I use the app to time my Omega is shows -2.0 sec/day.

auskip07

18/9/14
I set my watches to an atomic clock online and check around the same time every morning. Ive had an ebay 2836 movement perform verywell over a week of testing. -/+ 4 / week

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Apps ! The best way to check a watches accuracy is wear it . I have a number of rep watches which are extremely accurate and out perform genuine watches . I recently wore a VRF MAX Hulk on a trip away with my wife , during the 6 days on my wrist it lost 3 seconds on GMT .

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Accuracy often relies on position. I've had many ETA's that I can get to run +/- 1 or 2 seconds in one position.

B

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Accuracy often relies on position. I've had many ETA's that I can get to run +/- 1 or 2 seconds in one position.

B

Inaccuracy relies on position also . A standard ETA movement is only checked and adjusted in 2 positions , while the Top Grade of the same ETA movement is checked in 5 positions . Hence it's superior time keeping (regulation) of the Top grade.

Moose22

Supporter
Certified
4/9/18
Yeah, I have a noob YM that was recently serviced. It runs like 5-7 second slow face down, -9 seconds face up, and -15 seconds or more on its side. Pretty big difference, 10 seconds per day depending on orientation, but it's just an OK clone movement.

Funny thing, I got it and it ran 30 seconds to over a minute fast per day. Somehow got magnetized in the post. I degaussed it and it started running slow. I joke I need to gently magnetize it and get it to 0!