• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[ARF] New 114300 oyster perpetual

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Genuine Grey look different sunburst, crystal very very clear, Dial Olso Different on my eyes.
From yesterday
85bf543c4954a7abbb306bd7e0ddb4b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The new white dial is pretty compelling, I've got a Rhodium dial and have often considered selling to pick up the white. I keep resisting the urge thinking maybe it has to do with the season (Summer)

White is different From Gen , the Dial is wonderful creamy and clean.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Just received mine , broken screw
88952453ca800d3e656d7a6a59b5789f.jpg

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I know nothing in movements, watch smith tell me hard to remove the screw for full machine service, anyone?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I know nothing in movements, watch smith tell me hard to remove the screw for full machine service, anyone?

There are bits called "Easy Out" designed for removing screw shanks left after the head is sheared off. They work by drilling into the shank body with a reverse cut that ideally also unscrews the stuck shank. However I have not found any bits small enough for watch screws. I mention it just as general info and in case anyone else might suggest it.

For your issue, what I have done is use micro drill bits in a pin vise to basically disintegrate the stuck shank. Start with a bit about half the diameter of the shank and get a STRAIGHT hole started in the middle of it. Then increase the bit size, gradually eating away the middle of the shank taking care not to gouge up the case threads. Ultimately the shank will collapse inward and the shards can be removed with rodico. If done carefully and with a little luck, no debris will get into the movement and you can just replace the screw and be done with it. If the debris spreads into the movement, it will need to be serviced.

Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Pin-Vise-Pre...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
There are bits called "Easy Out" designed for removing screw shanks left after the head is sheared off. They work by drilling into the shank body with a reverse cut that ideally also unscrews the stuck shank. However I have not found any bits small enough for watch screws. I mention it just as general info and in case anyone else might suggest it.

For your issue, what I have done is use micro drill bits in a pin vise to basically disintegrate the stuck shank. Start with a bit about half the diameter of the shank and get a STRAIGHT hole started in the middle of it. Then increase the bit size, gradually eating away the middle of the shank taking care not to gouge up the case threads. Ultimately the shank will collapse inward and the shards can be removed with rodico. If done carefully and with a little luck, no debris will get into the movement and you can just replace the screw and be done with it. If the debris spreads into the movement, it will need to be serviced.

Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Pin-Vise-Pre...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Thanks Iwill send it to them..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
watchsmith Call me plz come to take your watch I’m sorry, I wish I’m lucky with this beauty Dial , I’m give up ..

Redheart

17/5/19
Rep White dial has square baton hours markers while gen has chamfered hours markers, it's an eyesore to me... I really wish some factory will get it right...

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
Grape best choice

only if you like grape. otherwise: black. tiny little spacing flaw, not really visible & clasp is not 100% genlike, otherwise its pretty superrep...after the SD the second best rep from ARF imho...

BobbyAxe

Looking Around
27/7/19
Hello everyone,

I am new to the rep world, very passionate about watches. I was thinking about my first rep 114300 Oyster Perpetual Rhodium. I have seen it's a NWBIG in the consensu list. However, reading the posts in this thread there are some things which are slightly different from the gen. I suppose that the OP Rhodium being NWBIG is completely equal to the gen. Could you give me with more details about it?
Is the OP Rhodium made very well challenging to spot that it's a rep? In case, which factory do you suggest me?
Thanks for your time and replies.
B.A

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello everyone,

I am new to the rep world, very passionate about watches. I was thinking about my first rep 114300 Oyster Perpetual Rhodium. I have seen it's a NWBIG in the consensu list. However, reading the posts in this thread there are some things which are slightly different from the gen. I suppose that the OP Rhodium being NWBIG is completely equal to the gen. Could you give me with more details about it?
Is the OP Rhodium made very well challenging to spot that it's a rep? In case, which factory do you suggest me?
Thanks for your time and replies.
B.A

Please read again the NWBIG thread. NWBIG does not mean at all that a watch is completely equal to a gen. No rep is. The ARF OP is the closest thing available, which is why no other factory is on the NWBIG for this model. So either you can live with the small imperfections or you don't buy it at all

BobbyAxe

Looking Around
27/7/19
Many thanks Tobel. I am sorry for the strange question. What I am looking for is a rep which is the closest possible to the gen. To your knowledge, among the rolex brand, the OP Rhodium is the best one and closest to the gen? Thanks again!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Many thanks Tobel. I am sorry for the strange question. What I am looking for is a rep which is the closest possible to the gen. To your knowledge, among the rolex brand, the OP Rhodium is the best one and closest to the gen? Thanks again!

Really man all the information is in the NWBIG thread. It's based on real intel from dozens of members and real life comparisons with gens. So best thing you can do is to read it, identify the watches that you like then search the threads about these specific models and make your opinion yourself

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Grape best choice goooooo Grape.
327c1f6f88708ca3560fa7cd8ea2603a.jpg