• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Rolex Day Date (PB, Noob or EWF?)

owk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/18
Hello,

I want to buy a Rolex DayDate YG with Roman Markers (this one is my favourite).

Which factory would you recomment me?

3 Factories are to my selections:

EW Factory
BP Factory
Noob Factory

Can you write some pro's and contras about the factories if you know about their DayDate qualities?
I'd like to know which factory produce the closest to gen and best one in quality.

EWF come with plastic card
I read that BP has dial fon't issues, but i'd like to know also if this is fixed since the entrys I have read are older
Noob had too big markers on the dial, but this is maybe fixed aswell?

Please let me know.. I'd also like to have an real ETA movement or is the one Noob has build really good ?
I read that noob built from scratch to be a clone of the real Rolex movement, is this true?

Please help me so I know which Rolex DD I will buy from what factory - thank you ! :)

Regards,
owk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Stick to BP or Noob, EWF is lower quality.

I just sold my BP Daydate yesterday, you can read about its faults here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/7174714-bp-rolex-36mm-daydate-blue

Noob uses 2836 decorated to LOOK like the 3255. That's a good thing, stay away from Asian super clones if you can. ETAs are far more reliable, easy to service and cheap to replace.

There are no gen ETAs used in reps, despite the claims. They are Chinese knockoffs. You can get a real Asian 2836, or an Asian fake Swiss 2836.

Compare your model to real images on Rolex website for appearance details. Or Google it and select 'view all images'. D-Time website shows a gen next to real pics of the rep.

owk

5/10/18
Thanks for your replyes so far..
What have you heard about this factory?
https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=22128
LLF says:

2. 18 thick part adopts the latest Taiwan casting technology, More than three times more durable than market normal gold plating ( we callled cast gold: A new technique for bonding the gold layer with the fine steel ).

3. real custom made 3255 movement ( in the replica market. those false decorated 3255 movements hidden danger: false diamond and false gear easy to fall off, stuck, cause movement core stop damage).

Do you think that is right? So that are the Asian Super clone you spoke about? The thick part sounds nice..
So you say noob is better than PB? With less misstakes? I mean more to Gen watch in look/size/etc etc

I stick with an Asian ETA Clone then I guess if I can't find an real swiss ETA, but the cal. movements to rolex are same repairable than the real eta?

Then
​​​​​​​
Regards
Johannes

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Full wrapped (15-18mils thick) "gold" is better than 5 mils, no doubt. Noob does not offer thick, only thin. BP makes the best fully wrapped gold cases and bracelets. You'll have to decide on the appearance of the dial, hands, etc.

I have seen actual pics of the Noob gold and it looks good, people have said they like it. BP is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Thinner gold will wear off sooner. Personally I stay away from gold altogether. Plenty of good SS out there, even some that rep white gold!

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?...ducts_id=15989

I advise to stay away from clone 3255 movement. Parts are not available, it's hit or miss if a gen part will work, and most watchmakers don't want to be bothered. The ETA movement decorated to LOOK like the 3255 can have the decorated plate removed, so the claim about it hidden danger is not entirely true.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
That TS station watch actually has a Seiko NH36A movement decorated to look like a Rolex- so maybe you'd get the Seiko dependability. The NH35A is being used in some $100 Invictas- I've got a few and they're ok- probably like the Miyota 9015- a new movement that ought to hold up well.
Can't tell you about the gold sales pitch that TS uses- you take your chances. But I will say that my gold plated reps are holding up ok these days, but I don't wear them everyday.

Reactions: KJ2020

Mazlumakat

Horology Curious
8/11/16
de9ea766cabf803f4ae7be1cf79e62f4.jpg

848a954fbe56a75db68170f8c19f1fcc.jpg

Bought this 2 weeks ago but im more a submariner or AP Royal oak type planning to put this away

Noob 3255

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Looks good! Literally ordered the same watch this week.

would have taken it off your hands or trade for an AP 15400 RG that I never wear.

oREZ1

Horology Curious
12/10/17

Bought this 2 weeks ago but im more a submariner or AP Royal oak type planning to put this away

Noob 3255

Is this the wrapped version? looking at purchasing the same watch.

owk

5/10/18
I bought the DD YG Roman Makers Silver Dial from Noob Factory.. wear it right now, looks very beautiful. It is Gold Plated, hope it won't fade very fast hehe.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Noob 3255

Are the springbars plated as well or just steel?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks for your replyes so far..
What have you heard about this factory?
https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=22128
LLF says:

2. 18 thick part adopts the latest Taiwan casting technology, More than three times more durable than market normal gold plating ( we callled cast gold: A new technique for bonding the gold layer with the fine steel ).

3. real custom made 3255 movement ( in the replica market. those false decorated 3255 movements hidden danger: false diamond and false gear easy to fall off, stuck, cause movement core stop damage).

Do you think that is right? So that are the Asian Super clone you spoke about? The thick part sounds nice..
So you say noob is better than PB? With less misstakes? I mean more to Gen watch in look/size/etc etc

I stick with an Asian ETA Clone then I guess if I can't find an real swiss ETA, but the cal. movements to rolex are same repairable than the real eta?

Then

Regards
Johannes

The TCwatch LLF has a better -warmer gold – plating but dial, DW & xtal is below NOOBs version.

Reactions: KJ2020

Rippin6Gears

25/7/17
PNW
Is NOOB or any one else going to update the quality on the DayDates? Still looking for the best YG Roman DD. Guess I’m being super picky and don’t want to waste my money.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
I picked up the BP plated and despite the ultra short bracelet meaning I can't actually wear it and the xtal being pressed in at an angle ,The overall watch is very impressive.

I've also ordered the wrapped BP version with a couple spare bracelets for links on this and the plated so will see how that compares when it arrives. Really if they would fix the day font it would be perfect for me. I tried to find out if the noob one would fit but didn't come to any result.

Rippin6Gears

25/7/17
PNW
I picked up the BP plated and despite the ultra short bracelet meaning I can't actually wear it and the xtal being pressed in at an angle ,The overall watch is very impressive.

I've also ordered the wrapped BP version with a couple spare bracelets for links on this and the plated so will see how that compares when it arrives. Really if they would fix the day font it would be perfect for me. I tried to find out if the noob one would fit but didn't come to any result.

You will have to update once you get the BP wrapped, im really debating on buying one. Wonder if a Gen crystal will fit the BP wrapped and a Gen bracelet.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
You will have to update once you get the BP wrapped, im really debating on buying one. Wonder if a Gen crystal will fit the BP wrapped and a Gen bracelet.

Will do , going through QC atm.

Another user fitted a prof crystal so if assume gen should fit, I wouldn't bother with the wrapped unless you can get it on a strap or without bracelet if you where wanting a gen bracelet , the wrapped one males up about 450usd of the cost of the watch. Gen one will be thousands though !

WatchCool90210

20/1/17
Will do , going through QC atm.

Another user fitted a prof crystal so if assume gen should fit, I wouldn't bother with the wrapped unless you can get it on a strap or without bracelet if you where wanting a gen bracelet , the wrapped one males up about 450usd of the cost of the watch. Gen one will be thousands though !

ever receive the wrapped BP?Thanks