• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob maker, disappoint all TDs

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Just a joke. Noob maker is great.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Perhaps it's a misunderstanding because of language problems. I don't think any TDs are disappointed. I think you are disappointed. Don't worry, it was just a suggestion, the thread title is ok. Good luck.

Reactions: TheChachi

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
depends on the preorders and awaited stock. but yes, if a td has to refund 10 - 100+ customers its "not cool".

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Just ask customers for more money, we will understand, it’s 904L after all..

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Take it up with Noob. Have they got your money for pre-orders already?

If they act like assholes tell them you'll be suggesting to your customers the ARF as an alternative.

Fake goods / organised crime - we can't expect high morals and textbook business practices.

dealwithit.gif ?

But I agree - its not cool.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Just another reason why ARF is turning into the darling of the Folex world...

Noob's putting all its eggs in the SA4130 basket...

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
what exactly is the point of this post ?!?!?!?

...and maybe to let know to members that he is actually a dealer (not on the TD list) and not only a member of the forum

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
As you know, only noob maker has the SA4130 movement, and they suddenly announce that the 316L steel daytona stop producing anymore, only 904L steel version now.

Seems pretty simple to me... If the Trusted Dealer can no longer get a certain product, then they should offer the customer a refund or the option to upgrade to a new or improved product for an additional cost in this case. If the customer pays for the upgraded product, then they keep their place line for a product in high demand.

Am I missing something here? Can the Trusted Dealers not offer refunds? Is that not why they are "Trusted"?
Do the TDs have to pay makers like Noob up front to place pre orders and get in line?

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Seems pretty simple to me... If the Trusted Dealer can no longer get a certain product, then they should offer the customer a refund or the option to upgrade to a new or improved product for an additional cost in this case. If the customer pays for the upgraded product, then they keep their place line for a product in high demand.

Am I missing something here? Can the Trusted Dealers not offer refunds? Is that not why they are "Trusted"?
Do the TDs have to pay makers like Noob up front to place pre orders and get in line?

There will most certainly be cross-border transaction costs in the case of refunds...and either the dealer or the buyer will have to take the hit in that case. I'd be PO'd too if I spent $500 to wait in line a month and then get $450 back...that's a pretty raw deal, Mr. Gecko.

Reactions: KJ2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
All fake industry base on trust customers trust TDs and will pre order.

Dealers trust makers, will release watches.

If they tell us the news that the watch stop producing 1 month ago, we won't blame them, and we won't ask customer to wait or pre order.

Now, after asked many times, they finally told us it is stopped producing 1 month ago, really unacceptable.

So do Noob have your money? or not yet?

I'd say your customers can either get a refund less transfer fees (everyone knows the risks) or they pay for an upgrade to the 904 version.

Am I missing something?