• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 experts assemble!

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
I purchased this 6 digit for a friend, a few years ago.

The SA3135 is on its last leg (actually not bad considering the perceived lack of longevity with the SA).

He wants the new v9, so this is mine again.

Im pretty sure this is th v6s, not sure. Can some experts confirm? I might use it as a base for a Franken.

nI8Pd.jpg

nIwa2.jpg

nIiWZ.jpg

nIShR.jpg

nIhcg.jpg

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
This watch is gross upon viewing the pictures. Hahah.

Pyknic

24/10/17
give that thing a bath!

great to see it lasting 6 years. Nice little project to clean it up. Grab a scrote brite pad and come capecod!

Leighd3179

Known Member
13/3/16
United Kingdom
I dont think its a v6s but cant be 100% sure only reaosn i say that is the SELS on the v6s were one of the best and the v6s was considered to be one of the best versions by noob but cant be sure and the clasp doesnt look right as my v6s doesnt have a clasp like that also it looks filthy so could be a v6s under all that filth lol

Kwigyboo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
USA
Pretty good looking I think. I like to see a watch that has been put through its paces, even if its a rep.

Reactions: Surftime

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
Wow I thought my watches had alot of scratches lol
yeah looks like a v6s mate nice find.still my fav sub other than gen along woth the sa3135 v9 with v6s lugs

Yeah I thought it was. The bracelet on my new 904 noob is much better. This one is a bit flimsy.

I can clean up this mid case case no problem. Do you think it’s worth buying a new ARF just to harvest the bracelet, bezel assembly, and movement?

Reactions: MoD2Franken

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The v6s braclett is a bit better than the arf.but the arf braclett is 904 .so if you want 904 just ask a td.but no way would I buy the arf sub for the braclett only.but I guess you could keep the nice arf insert and hand set and the sh3135 movement and sell the case ,dial and xtal

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
Quick update on this one.

It sat sat in the safe, finally I purchased an ARF insert, and one of the new DS black hole crystals.

And finally sent it off to Jonj480 for a lot of love to the finish.

Here it it. Not entirely sure how long I’ll hold onto it, as my 16700 is my current go to.

This is the pretty well regarded 3135 v6s in now near brand new condition with all the glaring flaws reduced through non genuine but high quality parts.

VyHqmU.jpg

VyH3W3.jpg

VyHrVL.jpg

VyHAiK.jpg

VyLVIe.jpg

VyLuOT.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

Replica01

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/16
Looking great mate

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Not bad but that crystal is horrid!! Need a gen desperately and then you will have a great watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
Not bad but that crystal is horrid!! Need a gen desperately and then you will have a great watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I have a great watch now. I have a great watch that was a back-burner build.

It has a great crystal that was less than half of the cost of a genuine.

The crystal has great AR, with a nice blue hue like most of the new gens.

Thanks for the kind words though.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
I like DSXtals, too. But they suffer under the same problem like prof‘s crystals. The outer AR on the cyclops is not durable. You can see this on your cyclops zooming the pic. The AR rubs off only after a few days of wearing.

Noticed this effect on DSXtal and prof crystal. Annoying.
Gen is gen...

Nice overhauled V6S btw!

Greets Andi

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
I like DSXtals, too. But they suffer under the same problem like prof‘s crystals. The outer AR on the cyclops is not durable. You can see this on your cyclops zooming the pic. The AR rubs off only after a few days of wearing.

Noticed this effect on DSXtal and prof crystal. Annoying.
Gen is gen...

Nice overhauled V6S btw!

Greets Andi

That’s nice to know. I actually didn’t even notice that.

The watch actually has never been worn since it’s installation.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Yesterday I reviewed my DSXtal for the manufacturer. They already answered and are sad to hear this fact. They offered a new one only for shipping costs. DSXtal is very responsive and they are glad for honest opinions on their products.

Here is mine. Zoom in the cyclops and you‘ll see the lost AR. Watch has been worn only for a few days with this crystal:

4ba71d697de35fa5645c3a3ad5f3b80f.jpg

BTW: Same happened to my prof crystal. Prof sent me a spare part for shipping costs, too. But this one is laying around. Didn’t use it for now.

Greets Andi

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yesterday I reviewed my DSXtal for the manufacturer. They already answered and are sad to hear this fact. They offered a new one only for shipping costs. DSXtal is very responsive and they are glad for honest opinions on their products.

Here is mine. Zoom in the cyclops and you‘ll see the lost AR. Watch has been worn only for a few days with this crystal:

4ba71d697de35fa5645c3a3ad5f3b80f.jpg

BTW: Same happened to my prof crystal. Prof sent me a spare part for shipping costs, too. But this one is laying around. Didn’t use it for now.

Greets Andi

Sorry to hear about this bro, thanks for posting. I was going to order a couple of these. Could you confirm that this happens only on a 2xAR and would not happen on a black hole crystal? Also interested in your opinion about doing a 2xAR but without the cyclops top AR. Guess that would be a 1.5xAR? Hehe.