• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad Dial on Rolex Cellini Date?

Dbcooop61

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/18
Just got this pic from my TD (not outing him) asking me if this dial is acceptable. Am I crazy or is the “Cellini” on a different angle from “Rolex”?

Also the 10 & 20 (2 & 4 pisitions) are definitely chopped in half by the date wheel, this is different from the gens as well reps I have seen here.

Is it normal to send a single QC pic with an opaque sticker obscuring 15% of the face?

pbOkcqv

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Oh, you are talking about the NUMERALS being truncated. I thought you were referring to the hour markers, which are cut in half. Well, yours must be from a different factory than Trusty or Puretime is showing. Is it a cheaper version? It doesn't look bad, many reps and gens truncate numerals. That isn't going to be what calls out your watch. You only have a valid complaint about it if it isn't what was shown in the sales ad.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The QC video and pics on Trusty show the 20 partially truncated. Looks like the batch yours came from used a slightly larger datewheel. Popularity is low on these models, so it's unlikely another specimen would be any different. You could reject it based on that and ask to see another. Chances are it would look the same (and it's not out of the question that you would be shown the exact same watch 3 days later). If it were me, I would chalk it up as a flaw in the rep and enjoy it for what it is. As a side note, I go out of my way to avoid reps that have "superclone" movements. Tried and true 2824, 2836, Miyota 9015 for me. Reliable and easy to replace.