• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Raffle dials date just 2824-2 case

markblacks

Horology Curious
29/8/17
Essex
Hi brothers how going in need of help please. I’m need major help with completing my raffle dial datejust 2824-2 36mm case. Would like to know please will gen 6mm crown for datejust fit the stock tube on the raffles case or will I need to replace the tube if so please could anyone help me with correct tube size that will work and correct crown many thanks.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You could email Ken and ask him. 6mm crown is the correct size for 36mm case. If you buy the crown from raffles, it comes with a matched tube also so either way you're covered.

Edit: Sorry I reread, you want to use a gen crown. Try looking on Esslinger for a size reference chart. They sell parts to match the gens.

Reactions: markblacks

markblacks

Horology Curious
29/8/17
Essex
Many thanks for replying KJ2020 Yes I’ve asked ken but he’s not majorly sure as he said case comes or ready fitted with tube from where every he gets it from. Case come stock with 6mm crown And tube fitted. I’ve order a gen 6mm date just crown so will have to test and see if can fit stock tube. If not I’ll have to get correct tube size. Wondering someone should be able to help me out who’s built one before

Reactions: KJ2020

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Here's some aftermarket tubes from Ofrei
http://www.ofrei.com/page757.html
6020 would be the new style, I believe, 6000 is the old style. But you have to watch out for the 6040 tube which takes a 2.5mm tap- it's a smaller hole than the other two tubes which take a 3.0mm tap.

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
Many thanks for replying KJ2020 Yes I’ve asked ken but he’s not majorly sure as he said case comes or ready fitted with tube from where every he gets it from. Case come stock with 6mm crown And tube fitted. I’ve order a gen 6mm date just crown so will have to test and see if can fit stock tube. If not I’ll have to get correct tube size. Wondering someone should be able to help me out who’s built one before

I can confirm that the tube that comes on the Raffles case will not fit a gen crown. You will need to get a gen tube and drill/tap the case to fit.

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
markblacks, was wondering how you made out with your crown issue. I have found that buying whole sets from Ken works the best. Hope you worked it out!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I just tried a Gen 6mm crown on my raffles Datejust case and as stated above it does not fit. As for swapping on a Gen tube, it may or may not fit depending how big the hole in the case is. But chances are you can drill and tap it. The crown that comes with the Raffles case isn’t that bad to be honest.