• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob release 904L Daytona 116520 today.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
We are on the V9 Noob Sub so clearly the same business model will apply. That said many guys including me only bought this watch for the case set and movement. Domi serviced mine and said the quality is very gen like and runs perfectly!
I was always going to fit gen parts to this
569d15b83cc8939d74dbe615c51589c9.jpg
f8505275a7694c193c924f56491120b0.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and Rufctr2

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
guru rolexwatchfan could you please tell what the Noob’s real main purpose of newly generating flawed dials intentionally for this 904L model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only say that this summer and before you can find gen dial + bezel + hands for 1200€. Now you can check on C24, a gen set of hands cost at least 390, gen bezel at least 800€, and gen dial begins now from 800€...

if someone still prefer a v3/4/5 to wait for gen parts imho it’s not the right things to do. This awesome rep changed the game worldwide ! Noob doesn’t need us, they created the perfect base for the most iconic chrono.

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
I realize not everyone wants to spend $2500 for a replica but when the watch your emulating sells for $15,000 it seems totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
I can only say that this summer and before you can find gen dial + bezel + hands for 1200€. Now you can check on C24, a gen set of hands cost at least 390, gen bezel at least 800€, and gen dial begins now from 800€...

if someone still prefer a v3/4/5 to wait for gen parts imho it’s not the right things to do. This awesome rep changed the game worldwide ! Noob doesn’t need us, they created the perfect base for the most iconic chrono.

Let me remind you one crucial thing that affected the Rolex parts market prior to release SA4130 - change in service/parts replacement policy. Most of the parts will no longer be available for sale as parts - replacement only when you return the watch to the Rolex Service Center.
With that being said, we will observe slow price increase of still available replacement parts especially in "blistered" - never installed department. There will be some steady but declining flow of usual components like hands or movement components for long term Rolex "unauthorized" watchmakers but the prices will go up exponentially. Finally the dials, hands, bezels and all other parts will be so expensive on the gray market that it'll be silly to use them on replica watch.
There's new Rolex marketing strategy that will lead to elimination of new, genuine parts available to secondary market (non AD watchmakers, modders).

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
Excellent observation rolexwatchfan. Thats probably going to make finding a ceramic bezel for an 116500 incredibly expensive or next to impossible to find.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Why make 1 perfect Daytona rep..when I can sell you 1 now thats 80% perfect, another in 6 mos that's 90% perfect...another in 12 months thats 95% perfect, etc. They know you'll buy "upgraded" or "newer" models.

It's the same thinking you find with car manufacturers. They have tech ready to go thats probably 10-20 yrs down the road...but why make that now, when they can sell or lease you incremental models every 3 years...

Noob does the same thing, except instead of installing new features like LED-lit cupholders, they "fix" flaws...and in some cases, they fix 1 flaw, and make 2 more...e.g. SELs

yep, that's right on the point. that's what they do

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
We are on the V9 Noob Sub so clearly the same business model will apply. That said many guys including me only bought this watch for the case set and movement. Domi serviced mine and said the quality is very gen like and runs perfectly!

it's beautiful, what did you put on it? :)

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Excellent observation rolexwatchfan. Thats probably going to make finding a ceramic bezel for an 116500 incredibly expensive or next to impossible to find.

I would love to find a gen ceramic bezel too

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Let me remind you one crucial thing that affected the Rolex parts market prior to release SA4130 - change in service/parts replacement policy. Most of the parts will no longer be available for sale as parts - replacement only when you return the watch to the Rolex Service Center.
With that being said, we will observe slow price increase of still available replacement parts especially in "blistered" - never installed department. There will be some steady but declining flow of usual components like hands or movement components for long term Rolex "unauthorized" watchmakers but the prices will go up exponentially. Finally the dials, hands, bezels and all other parts will be so expensive on the gray market that it'll be silly to use them on replica watch.
There's new Rolex marketing strategy that will lead to elimination of new, genuine parts available to secondary market (non AD watchmakers, modders).

This makes much more sense than the idea that Franken Watch Builders are driving the price of Gen parts up.

I really enjoy seeing how talented builders mix and match parts to get a better end result, but it seems to me that there aren't really enough of them to have that much of an effect on the Genuine parts market.

#Roly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
Is it possible to buy arf dial and Build in noob? Or is it Not Worth it. i would like to get Steel Bezel with Black dial but looks horrible. Changing dial and bezel is difficult for any watchmaker?

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Is it possible to buy arf dial and Build in noob? Or is it Not Worth it. i would like to get Steel Bezel with Black dial but looks horrible. Changing dial and bezel is difficult for any watchmaker?

A watchmaker can do what you are asking for . Arf dial has to be shaved, after that it will fit Noob.

AndreaPirlo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/21

So sexy!! The bracelet is 904L steel both arf model?