• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob release 904L Daytona 116520 today.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
PT just said me it will be released next week.

R0L3X

13/1/13
I will wait till ARF releases the Daytona with clone mvt. I think then we are pretty much done..

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I think that the "ROLEX" font can be spotted with naked eyes.

I agree up to a point! It can be spotted but only if you know what you are looking for, so in order to being able to know the difference between replica and gen the one that spots it must know a lot about watches and must know the model very well, also must know that there isn’t any variation in the font (some models have different fonts depending on the year)

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: vcappp

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I agree up to a point! It can be spotted but only if you know what you are looking for, so in order to being able to know the difference between replica and gen the one that spots it must know a lot about watches and must know the model very well, also must know that there isn’t any variation in the font (some models have different fonts depending on the year)

Sent from the RWI App

Or they can have a gen on their wrist for comparison...

I'm hoping for an updated 116500 as well, but I'll happily settle for an ARF v2 until we see a v6s or something reasonable come out of noob's factory

Reactions: lcsrep11

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
The point is that Noob can easily fix that "issue" (wrong font on dial) but does not care about it! I have an old Noob dial on my ARF V2 because it is better than the ARF default dial, so Noob has the right tool to make a good dial but, for some unknown reason, do not do it. Or maybe they have simply lost the "mold"... ;)

Reactions: vcappp

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy

Sent from the RWI App

Yes, you are right and you probably will have a very poor chance to meet a person with that skills in your life... but I know that the font is wrong and this is enough for me... :p ... as I know that on my ARF the pushers' screws position is different from gen https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...f-v2-daytona-116520-screws-and-pushers-height

Wraithier

19/6/16
I will wait till ARF releases the Daytona with clone mvt. I think then we are pretty much done..

The clone movement is Noob exclusive. I imagine that will be the case for some time so I wouldn't expect an ARF with the clone movement for years, if ever.

I'm just going to buy a better dial and have it switched out.

Noob may get it right in the next release, or not get a decent dial until v50 so I'm going with a hybrid of what's available now.

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Some details of the clasp are a bit rough:

nwmq8.png

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Hmm really thought the V1 SA4130 had crappy rings aswell... anyhow, as a daytona lover myself im still not buying this. At this pricepoint i want my dial to be better. People can say things like ''buy a gen instead'' or ''it's just a rep''. But let's face the fact that alot of other reps are cheaper and look identical almost (not talking movement or pricewise just caring about detailing).

Noob is just taking a piss with us, same as they did when they abandoned co-op with puretime about feedback/improvements.

totally agree.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
totally agree.

It doesnt take much for a conspiracy theorist to look at the 116500 dial font's glaring errors and then look at the more established 116610 dial fonts and wonder if this is just a manufactured versioning strategy

Opirata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
Dammit, looks like they have plenty of these crappy dials to throw around.
Guess I’ll have to wait to v13 or whatever...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Or they can have a gen on their wrist for comparison...

I'm hoping for an updated 116500 as well, but I'll happily settle for an ARF v2 until we see a v6s or something reasonable come out of noob's factory

Yep i agree, or if they have the gen of course!

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The point is that Noob can easily fix that "issue" (wrong font on dial) but does not care about it! I have an old Noob dial on my ARF V2 because it is better than the ARF default dial, so Noob has the right tool to make a good dial but, for some unknown reason, do not do it. Or maybe they have simply lost the "mold"... ;)

yep, it's for maketing reasons, they did it so many people would buy this flawed but innovative rep, and then they will slowly fix it in the future!

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
When will be all the old dial sold??
Is there a lot of wrong font dial in stock ?
When is the V3 correct font ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
There is no old stock of dials. Did anybody see these dials on older noob Daytonas? It is just marketing between the gen factories and the rep factories.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
There is no old stock of dials. Did anybody see these dials on older noob Daytonas? It is just marketing between the gen factories and the rep factories.

I concur. That was my initial comment when 4130 clone Noob has been released. Seems to me the "flawed" dials are purposefully installed and sold with this release.

Reactions: ssouthall6

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18

Are you suggesting they are setting up V2, V3, etc? Or are you suggesting (gen ie Rolex) has something to do with this? Because the latter makes no sense to me

Sent from the RWI App

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
Seems like a great watch to Franken. Dials and bezels are easy to come by on the Rolex forum for the 116520. Not super cheap but could be all in at 1/5th the going market value for a killer replica.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I concur. That was my initial comment when 4130 clone Noob has been released. Seems to me the "flawed" dials are purposefully installed and sold with this release.

guru rolexwatchfan could you please tell what the Noob’s real main purpose of newly generating flawed dials intentionally for this 904L model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lcsrep11

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
guru rolexwatchfan could you please tell what the Noob’s real main purpose of newly generating flawed dials intentionally for this 904L model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why make 1 perfect Daytona rep..when I can sell you 1 now thats 80% perfect, another in 6 mos that's 90% perfect...another in 12 months thats 95% perfect, etc. They know you'll buy "upgraded" or "newer" models.

It's the same thinking you find with car manufacturers. They have tech ready to go thats probably 10-20 yrs down the road...but why make that now, when they can sell or lease you incremental models every 3 years...

Noob does the same thing, except instead of installing new features like LED-lit cupholders, they "fix" flaws...and in some cases, they fix 1 flaw, and make 2 more...e.g. SELs

Reactions: vcappp and Opirata