• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Wow man thanks for the input. I tried to read through it all via Tapa but it’s over 5K posts. Il try via browser on my computer to catch those pics.
Then that settles it, I will go for the dark grey.
I love this community, I appreciate you taking the time man thank you!

Actually... I've got some even better news for you. Here's the pictures. I found them on my Datejust 41 build folder on my computer...

Click on the picture for a bigger version.
Silver gen = the left
Silver ARF = the right (its the one inside the watch!)

Drewkeys

Horology Curious
15/5/18
I’ve ordered a rhodium from Jtime but debating oyster or jubilee...tough decision, can’t decide if the polished midlinks in the oyster are going to be too shiny for me or if the jubilee is about the same

edubbel

27/9/15
Actually... I've got some even better news for you. Here's the pictures. I found them on my Datejust 41 build folder on my computer...

Click on the picture for a bigger version.
Silver gen = the left
Silver ARF = the right (its the one inside the watch!)

Thanks man.
The silver is really nice and my preferred dial, but I see what you mean. It’s a couple of shades off, and now that I know I cannot unsee that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Il go for the rhodium

TimeTravel

Looking Around
17/12/19

Hey guys, I RL'd this one based on the very apparent SEL gap but my TD doesn't want to accept it, saying it is a known flaw of ARF's. I am aware of that, however none of the QC pics I've seen of V3s had the gap this big. What do you guys think, I am being picky here or would you RL as well?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Thats really bad sels mate..i would reject it too and if all are like that i would change to jubilee model or other watch

Reactions: Kostiksch

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria

Hey guys, I RL'd this one based on the very apparent SEL gap but my TD doesn't want to accept it, saying it is a known flaw of ARF's. I am aware of that, however none of the QC pics I've seen of V3s had the gap this big. What do you guys think, I am being picky here or would you RL as well?

Reject it mate , very bad Sel's

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Yours looks like it's slightly on the "heavy side".

I have however seen very good DW on ARF DJ36 and Submariner but for some reason the 41mm DJ stays with a bolder typography.

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
But that bottom left sel gap will be pain in the ass,instant reject imo

iDark3n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/17
Hi guys, I recently ordered a DJ41 arf v3 from Ryan. Is it true that the DW font is no longer bold? Or rather, has it been fixed so it doesn't seem like such an obvious mistake? I thought I read this in some previous post, correct me if I'm wrong!

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Hi guys, I recently ordered a DJ41 arf v3 from Ryan. Is it true that the DW font is no longer bold? Or rather, has it been fixed so it doesn't seem like such an obvious mistake? I thought I read this in some previous post, correct me if I'm wrong!

You don't like to read do you? Look what I wrote less than 1 hour ago. Two and three posts above you question.

Last edited:

iDark3n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/17
You don't like to read do you? Look what I wrote less than 1 hour ago. Two posts above you question

No no, i see your post! But i had read otherwise. I also seemed to see several photos where the font does not appear bold, so I thought there was a new batch of v3. But surely I'm wrong and it's just a matter of perspective of the photos.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
No no, i see your post! But i had read otherwise. I also seemed to see several photos where the font does not appear bold, so I thought there was a new batch of v3. But surely I'm wrong and it's just a matter of perspective of the photos.
If so, please show those pics. I have yet to see a noticable thinner typography on this model.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Yours looks like it's slightly on the "heavy side".

I have however seen very good DW on ARF DJ36 and Submariner but for some reason the 41mm DJ stays with a bolder typography.

This keeps coming up, I believe (having handled quite a few of these) that some DW just have better printing (less bleed) than others. Hence given the appearance of being thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James2020