• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Tony12345

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/20
By your comments I gather the answer is a no :) seems there is only a DJF version of these two Wimbledon dials

I am looking for this beauty too and GMF offers a decent version too I heard. Since I am not sure how good the dial on them is (at least the Rhodium isn’t that great neither on GMF nor on GMF) I guess I will wait until there is an upgrade on the market.

sameace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/19
This Case issue is really starting go to get confusing. I’d say until the rehaut has more attention paid to it the case is useless. I put gen dial, hands, datewheel and crystal and I can’t get past how bad the rehaut is. The machining is rubbish and there’s nothing you can do to make it better. ARF really need to fine finish the rehaut and then engrave it. Next to the gen it’s worlds apart, I haven’t seen the v3 and I know it’s advertised as being better but I can’t see any difference from TD’s pics on their sites the engravings looks crap and the now too high or not centred

hey just saw this new V3
it look's that the engravings of this one is correctly aligned : https://ibb.co/nDgSKBh
https://ibb.co/K5PZxR0

what do you think ?

Reactions: mnkoshka and vcappp

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
GMF with prof crystal, bracelet is awful though. Does anyone know if it will take an ARF jubilee bracelet?
V31nQh.jpg

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
i ordered the DJF 36 silver with arf jubilee and planning on selling my arf 41. i have a small wrist anyway. we'll see how the djf holds up.

They feel cheap compared to ARFs finishing. They are Nice enough though, good datewheel and 2824

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Hello Guys,
​​​​​​
Would you recommend to change the crystal with a gen one? I found some nice post in this thread but I'm not able to check the real difference.

If I understood well, gen DW + gen Crystal it's the best choice, would you recommend some other gen parts?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Hello Guys,
​​​​​​
Would you recommend to change the crystal with a gen one? I found some nice post in this thread but I'm not able to check the real difference.

If I understood well, gen DW + gen Crystal it's the best choice, would you recommend some other gen parts?

When my watch comes back from Greece (where it appears to be stuck) I will make a DW and crystal photo-collage with:

-ARF ootb
-ARF + gen dw
-ARF + gen dw+gen crystal
-Gen DJ

3 overhead pics/category, all blue dial with the same numbers on DW. Hopefully it will put an end to the questions and you will have to decide what the difference are worth for YOU.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
When my watch comes back from Greece (where it appears to be stuck) I will make a DW and crystal photo-collage with:

-ARF ootb
-ARF + gen dw
-Gen DJ

3 overhead pics/category, all blue dial with the same numbers on DW. Hopefully it will put an end to the questions and you will have to decide what the difference are worth for YOU.

That would be awesome good job, I think there should be a way to sticky a post at the top of every new page... should have those FAQ's and all the answers, would be awesome.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

-ARF ootb
-ARF + gen dw
-Gen DJ

The trouble with this is, you get some ARF date disc that are better than others.

Reactions: vcappp

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
The trouble with this is, you get some ARF date disc that are better than others.

Actually ARF is more consistent with the DW than many other factories. Some see number 1, 2, 6 or 7 and say "I think I got a thin DW" but when looking at 26 or 28 it looks fat as always.

I have studied the ARF DW pretty well and will choose an average boldness of the numbers when comparing.

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
hey just saw this new V3
it look's that the engravings of this one is correctly aligned : https://ibb.co/nDgSKBh
https://ibb.co/K5PZxR0

what do you think ?

The alignment wasn’t the problem with mine it was just the bad machining. The fast feed rate of the cutting tool leaves pronounced Lines in the finish of the rehaut which gives it a rough look and actually gives the engravings a crappy finish as well. Polishing the rehaut makes it even worse.

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Just buy the gen bezel smooth (£100) and add it on... its a very simple mod and not expensive either.

Has anyone successfully swapped a gen smooth bezel on an ARF Datejust 41? Any photos?
i would hate to purchase and the find out that the ARF will not easily take the gen bezel without issues, that would be bad.

Reactions: Derpboi

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I can’t find 116200/116234 official thread.. probably that’s because search function isn’t working properly... Anyway since it’s related to DJ model I’ll comment one thing. Just got a qc from my td and dw looks pretty good after 20+. It’s very less bold from the previous batches. I guess arf is starting to listen lol

Reactions: Tony12345

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I can’t find 116200/116234 official thread.. probably that’s because search function isn’t working properly... Anyway since it’s related to DJ model I’ll comment one thing. Just got a qc from my td and dw looks pretty good after 20+. It’s very less bold from the previous batches. I guess arf is starting to listen lol

Can you post any pictures of those 20+ date numbers? Thanks.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Here you go. Honestly I didn't care about the dw since I'm going for the gen roulette dw. however, latest batch seems pretty good in my eyes.

​​​​​​​
Still too thick when you put next to a gen. How hard can it be to fix this issue. Gen roulette will look fantastic in any case.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tony12345