• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Dude this thread have already 258 sites because of posts like this,dont get me wrong mate but we’ve already discussed that many times,read the thread... all newbies need to read 257 sites because of doubled posts like this

Mate dont you get me wrong but you were talking about Submariner just 2 posts back. Thats whole different model, at least I was talking about DJ.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I assumed this model had a quick extension system clasp like Submariner but when looking at the inside of the clasp it does not really look like my Sub. Can anyone tell? Do you need tools or can you adjust the bracelet length on the go?

Only the submariner and sea dweller have the glidelock, if that's what you are referring to. They exist to accommodate wet suits and diving and such.

But most other Rolex, Datejust included, have an Easy link extension where you can adjust it half a centimeter on the fly.

Reactions: Akilles

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I assumed this model had a quick extension system clasp like Submariner but when looking at the inside of the clasp it does not really look like my Sub. Can anyone tell? Do you need tools or can you adjust the bracelet length on the go?

It has what is known as "easy-link" so it's a bit like a Submariner, but rather than 1mm increments up to 20mm on the Submariner glidelock
Easy Link is one increment of 5mm... truth be told it's pretty useless. 5mm is way too big a change... would have been better at 2-3mm imo.

It's better than nothing but... no idea why they picked 5mm!

Reactions: Nivka and Akilles

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Akilles - You do need the springbar tool to snap the pin out and adjust easy link between the 3 positions.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Akilles - You do need the springbar tool to snap the pin out and adjust easy link between the 3 positions.

I kind of getting double messages here. Others say you can adjust on the fly without tools!? The youtube-vid above doesn't show any tools.

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
Mate dont you get me wrong but you were talking about Submariner just 2 posts back. Thats whole different model, at least I was talking about DJ.

I didnt ask anyone about sub just congrats to his new piece..you asking question and with that open new discussion,also this was discussed many times about djf

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I didnt ask anyone about sub just congrats to his new piece..you asking question and with that open new discussion,also this was discussed many times about djf

I just needed one reply. Like this, you made few completely irrelevant posts. Now dont talk to me anymore.

srhoque

28/11/18
I kind of getting double messages here. Others say you can adjust on the fly without tools!? The youtube-vid above doesn't show any tools.

If you need to move the easylink end from one hole to the other position (There are 3 positions) , you do need take out a springbar holding that end. That's why you need the tool.

Reactions: Akilles and Bobi01

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
If you need to move the easylink end from one hole to the other position (There are 3 positions) , you do need take out a springbar holding that end. That's why you need the tool.

Akilles

I know you're trying to help srhoque but I think it's getting rather confusing.

Basically Akilles.

The easy link is a 5mm adjustment, you can activate without a tool at any time on the datejust 41 and a few other models. It's not great... because its set at 5mm and can only extend 5mm. But it's better than nothing. So.. my personal advice is set the bracelet for when you are cold... because when you are hot/higher salt intake possibly you'll be able to use the full 5mm.

However, what srhoque is also saying is there is ALSO a second adjustment that you can make which is 3 holes, roughly 1mm apart that gives you further adjustment of the bracelet. But this is not something you would wish to do whilst on the move as you require a tool, spring bar tool preferably, at the least to perform this. So there is micro-adjust but that is not for whilst you're wearing it, that's more for sizing the bracelet in the first place.

Hope that is clear :p

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Akilles

I know you're trying to help srhoque but I think it's getting rather confusing.

Basically Akilles.

The easy link is ...

I didn't try to help anyone. I was the one asking the question (LOL) and got confused. However thank you for clearing it out.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks. 16,5 cm (6,5 inch). However God placed all my hair on my head so my forearms looks like they belong to a 12 year old (I'm 35). This guy has made a great video of this gen model and have the exact same wrist size as me (but with more hair lol).

https://youtu.be/9VC8Oj6INj8

Last edited:
Reactions: Grillo

srhoque

28/11/18
6MTJD.jpg
6MdWk.jpg

Welcome home son!

Wear in good health, this is a georgous watch!! Stay safe!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Unusuall for arf datejust,stunning sharp lugs bro,if you change DW to gen you will have amazing watch... this example calling for gen DW haha

Thanks. I have not decided if I shall get the gen DW yet. It would be an upgrade for sure but still the magnifying of ARF crystal will make the numbers a bit larger than gen so I would need a gen crystal to fix it and that would be like the entire cost of this rep.

So I will wait and see. I have Interaktiv on hold for a while, trying to enjoy this piece first in these depressive "stay home" days...

Last edited:
Reactions: danix84