• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Hi Guys,
I would like to buy this watch. Do you have any suggestions about the colors? I like the Blue Dial but I don't know if it's the right choice. How does it look under the direct light?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Hi Guys,
I would like to buy this watch. Do you have any suggestions about the colors? I like the Blue Dial but I don't know if it's the right choice. How does it look under the direct light?

The blue color looks like the 100 pictures posted and reviewed in this thread. Blue appears to be a popular color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

danix84

Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Thank you. I've checked all the pictures (I've noticed you bought a blue one:thumbsup:) and the comparison video.
I'm going to order it on Puretime, it's in stock and the estimated delivery is within a month.. I think it's optimistic

Reactions: Akilles

Hyuga

Known Member
7/11/15
I've read a lot in this thread, but I must admit I dont know whether I understood all, because it is a lot of information and hard to find all of them in 385 pages.

I want to buy a DJ with gen DW and gen xtal to get the almost perfect rep at a acceptable price range. As I read in this topic, these mods should be the go for.

I would appreciate if somebody can give me an answer to my questions to get a quick summary of information.
  • Which movement should I buy if I want a gen DW?
    • Is the overlay option with 2924 good?
    • How is the VR3135? How hard is it too repair? I don't mind about the gen look of the movement.
  • You know someone who can install the gen DW and a gen xtal in Germany?
  • Which size would you go with a 6,75 inch wrist and fluted bezel?
Thank you very much

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I've read a lot in this thread, but I must admit I dont know whether I understood all, because it is a lot of information and hard to find all of them in 385 pages.

I want to buy a DJ with gen DW and gen xtal to get the almost perfect rep at a acceptable price range. As I read in this topic, these mods should be the go for.

I would appreciate if somebody can give me an answer to my questions to get a quick summary of information.
  • Which movement should I buy if I want a gen DW?
    • Is the overlay option with 2924 good?
    • How is the VR3135? How hard is it too repair? I don't mind about the gen look of the movement.
  • You know someone who can install the gen DW and a gen xtal in Germany?
  • Which size would you go with a 6,75 inch wrist and fluted bezel?
Thank you very much

This is the ARF DJ41 thread... which comes with an Asian 2824... not a VR 3135.

Here is an example:
https://puretimewatch.io/datejust-4...teel-gray-dial-on-jubilee-bracelet-a2824.html

As for the overlay... yes the 3235 overlay works, this was talked about only a few posts ago. As was who are the installers that are trusted/good to use here...
I really don't think you have read anything, read the last 10 pages of this thread and all your questions are answered. It's better you find out for yourself than be spoon-fed as there are choices that only you can make.

Reactions: Bobi01

TonyMontana1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/16
I noticed that my ARF runs +7 sec per day. In my opinion this is quit a lot...or am I wrong?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I noticed that my ARF runs +7 sec per day. In my opinion this is quit a lot...or am I wrong?

You are wrong. You're dealing with cheaply made in poor conditions in China. Not a swiss brand...

Even Seiko who are the worlds biggest and arguably most technologically advanced movement manufacturers create watches with -30/+30 as normal... +7 second is actually very good. I have my favourite watch on -10 seconds per day, and it irritates me... but the reality is its normal. You can regulate them to make them better, and perhaps a service would help but +7 is pretty good... Rolex superlative is -2/+2 and Omega is +4 max deviation with their new standard (forget the name)...

So really +7 is pretty good in those terms.

TonyMontana1

12/2/16
You are wrong. You're dealing with cheaply made in poor conditions in China. Not a swiss brand...

Even Seiko who are the worlds biggest and arguably most technologically advanced movement manufacturers create watches with -30/+30 as normal... +7 second is actually very good. I have my favourite watch on -10 seconds per day, and it irritates me... but the reality is its normal. You can regulate them to make them better, and perhaps a service would help but +7 is pretty good... Rolex superlative is -2/+2 and Omega is +4 max deviation with their new standard (forget the name)...

So really +7 is pretty good in those terms.

thank you very much for coming back to me. This really helps me a lot! Will do a service and hope it'll get better. If not I can live with +7 sec :)

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

It iritates me too so i regulate my watches few time until i configurate them to +1/+3 secs a day so my datejust runs -2/+2 a day but that is after 2-3 regulations... but as Sonofalich said it is not the issue but you can make it more precise if you want

Reactions: TonyMontana1

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
thank you very much for coming back to me. This really helps me a lot! Will do a service and hope it'll get better. If not I can live with +7 sec :)

Personally, I wouldn't bother servicing a cheap Asian movement. It will probably cost you half the price of a quality swiss made ETA... the joys of the arf is that it's an ETA clone... so buy a top quality ETA movement and it will be able to be serviced/regulated to almost perfection. Plus it will last forever, you need to service it probably once every 5 years if its your daily wear.

Just depends on cost... but if you love the DJ41, put a quality movement in it! Worth it (thats what I did)

Reactions: TonyMontana1

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
It iritates me too so i regulate my watches few time until i configurate them to +1/+3 secs a day so my datejust runs -2/+2 a day but that is after 2-3 regulations... but as Sonofalich said it is not the issue but you can make it more precise if you want

After Corona is done Rob, I'll probably get my new sub regulated! Running at -11 makes me quite sad! I can handle -5 or +5... but 11 irritates me... I like my watches to be accurate.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/8695283-the-best-sub-superfranken-116610-ln (my new sub!)

TonyMontana1

12/2/16

how can I make them run more precise?

srhoque

28/11/18

COSC specs are -4 to +6 secs. But then you are talking about gen movements running thousands of dollars. +7 secs for a $100 rep A2824 movement is quite acceptable.

To add on to what sonofalich stated above, just enjoy the rep movement and don't lose sleep over +7 secs. Even if you regulate, such cheaply made rep movements will lose/gain secs over time depending on how often you wear, how often you wind and which position you keep the watch in when not wearing it.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Reactions: Sonofalich

Bobi01

2/2/19

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Winding your watch back or forward 1 minute once a week is a small price to pay I would say and not too exhausting...

Expecially If you have many and often you don't wear the same for more than 2 days.
In one of my premium rep I've put a seagull ST2130, best result for the money (60€ on ebay)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I assumed this model had a quick extension system clasp like Submariner but when looking at the inside of the clasp it does not really look like my Sub. Can anyone tell? Do you need tools or can you adjust the bracelet length on the go?

Last edited: