• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
the blue and rhodium dials are completely wrong, a gen dial is needed.

the sunburst color and tone is very off.

i own a gen 116334 blue and compared side by side is no bueno

Can you take picture of side by side with some different angles please mate

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I own a sky dweller (gen) and a DJ II (gen) ... and in fairness they're both blue but they look totally different in different light. You're never going to be in a position where someone can glance at it and say its the wrong shade because they change colour in the light.

Mine is black... grey... even brown... and then boom its blue and about 10 different shades of blue depending on the angle and lighting...

Side by side the fake and the gen you could tell... but honestly there are other tells like the crown position, case lugs... and finishing that are give away.

Last edited:

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU

Lol I’ve read this whole thread and starts out with silver is off, then blue now rhodium. I have the rhodium ARF and it’s super close. You are mental if you start throwing big money on a gen dial. You will still have wrong lug and case shape.

Reactions: gilrob and Tcc13c

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Be careful sizing the bracelet. Nearly had a disaster when the screw got stuck halfway in. Had to rip it out with pliers and luckily didn’t do any damage except to the screw which is destroyed. I must say I am more sceptical that this is 904L or even 316. The screws are made of cheese and I’ve got scratches on the bracelet already . In comparison my Steinhart bracelet is still flawless.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Be careful sizing the bracelet. Nearly had a disaster when the screw got stuck halfway in. Had to rip it out with pliers and luckily didn’t do any damage except to the screw which is destroyed. I must say I am more sceptical that this is 904L or even 316. The screws are made of cheese and I’ve got scratches on the bracelet already . In comparison my Steinhart bracelet is still flawless.

Which bracelet do you have? Jubilee or Oyster?
The PCL of the Oyster are notorious for scratches even on the Gen.

Jubilee is the version that doesn't scratch as easily / show the scratches as easily anyway.

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
I have the oyster. Fair enough the shiny centre will of course scratch but I have scratches on the brushed parts . Looking it again I think it must have happened in manufacturing. It looks like some kind of dremel/ tool caught it briefly. But it’s pretty minor tbh, I can live with it.

Takes a a while for my date to flip. Starts around 23:55 and completes around 00:25. I am not too bothered about it, but if there’s an easy way to make it flip more quickly I’d like to hear it.

Bobi01

2/2/19
I have the oyster. Fair enough the shiny centre will of course scratch but I have scratches on the brushed parts . Looking it again I think it must have happened in manufacturing. It looks like some kind of dremel/ tool caught it briefly. But it’s pretty minor tbh, I can live with it.

Takes a a while for my date to flip. Starts around 23:55 and completes around 00:25. I am not too bothered about it, but if there’s an easy way to make it flip more quickly I’d like to hear it.

Mine starts around 23:30 and flips around 00:00 ,maybe watchsmith can do something

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Has anyone ordered a DJ 41 from ARF recently? How long time did it take before QC arrived?

Streetiq

3/11/16
Lol I’ve read this whole thread and starts out with silver is off, then blue now rhodium. I have the rhodium ARF and it’s super close. You are mental if you start throwing big money on a gen dial. You will still have wrong lug and case shape.

From what have you figured silver dial is off mate?
I've Been reading the whole thread for a while already,
I saw a member that uploaded nice comparison pictures of his Gen silver dial vs. Arf silver dial, and the difference was minor.

Speaking of which, if other members have any perspective on the silver dial vs. Gen I would thank you,
Because I'm probably going for the silver dial (once ARF will thinner the DW font)

Last edited:

Streetiq

3/11/16
https://imgur.com/a/dh8k0Ol

I just got my gen dial. There isn’t that much difference to be honest. I’m pretty impressed by the stock silver ARF dial. What’s even more impressive is that the ARF has a Rolex stamp and code on the back. This is some crazy attention to detail.

on another note do you think anyone would be interested in a dj 41 if I mod it? I’d be happy to buy a dj 41, mod it, and put it for sale (no profit).

As shown here.....

Me, i was worried of the "yellow" tint that seems on TD websites,
but after Rolliearf 's pics, i think it looks very good

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonofalich

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
From what have you figured silver dial is off mate?
I've Been reading the whole thread for a while already,
I saw a member that uploaded nice comparison pictures of his Gen silver dial vs. Arf silver dial, and the difference was minor.

Speaking of which, if other members have any perspective on the silver dial vs. Gen I would thank you,
Because I'm probably going for the silver dial (once ARF will thinner the DW font)

I don’t think it’s off. The point I was making is that if you read the thread long enough someone will chime in claiming this colour or that sunburst is off. I think all of them look pretty close. This is a great rep ????

even the ‘thick’ date wheel isn’t that much of a big deal imo. Saying that if it’s easy to swap it out for a better one I’d give it a go.

Reactions: Streetiq

Bobi01

2/2/19
For those who said that blue isnt close to gen too
8620e7eec059a68cc3275d0e3cbc5a2f.jpg
c817b9c16c7f8128f878062181af8dab.jpg
ee581e9a6094abc75626365c4a697bce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Isn't that from a website selling watches?

I'd take their pictures with a pinch of salt really... they're trying to sell you a product. They're not exactly an unbiased source. Very good angles / good lighting / or even straight up forgery / fakery of an image has been known to occur...

I have a gen DJ II and a gen Sky- d both blue... but I don't have a blue ARF so I can't take a picture. But I'll see if any of my friends do.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Isn't that from a website selling watches?

I'd take their pictures with a pinch of salt really... they're trying to sell you a product. They're not exactly an unbiased source. Very good angles / good lighting / or even straight up forgery / fakery of an image has been known to occur...

I have a gen DJ II and a gen Sky- d both blue... but I don't have a blue ARF so I can't take a picture. But I'll see if any of my friends do.

No it is video of some chinese that recording reviews on youku( chinese youtube)