• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

migueljones

Horology Curious
19/8/18
I received my watch today (incredibly fast shipping by PT). Absolutely love it and it will certainly get quite a bit of wrist time. If I could give some advice to people with datewheel concerns (myself included); it is crazy how much the cyclops makes any alignment issues become non-issues. I would never notice any alignment flaws unless I look at the date from dead-center and even then it's hardly noticeable. So I am very happy with my purchase from a looks-standpoint.

However, one major flaw that is never really mentioned is the very noticeable light weight of the watch. As soon as I took it out of the box I was underwhelmed at how lightweight it is. Not surprisingly, mine weighs in at 114.5 grams with 3 links removed. Based on a bit of research, it seems the gen weighs closer to 140g with same amount of links removed. I know, I know...gold/platinum weighs more than stainless. But this watch seems lightweight even for stainless. Assuming this is normal right??

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpiece777

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
I received my watch today (incredibly fast shipping by PT). Absolutely love it and it will certainly get quite a bit of wrist time. If I could give some advice to people with datewheel concerns (myself included); it is crazy how much the cyclops makes any alignment issues become non-issues. I would never notice any alignment flaws unless I look at the date from dead-center and even then it's hardly noticeable. So I am very happy with my purchase from a looks-standpoint.

However, one major flaw that is never really mentioned is the very noticeable light weight of the watch. As soon as I took it out of the box I was underwhelmed at how lightweight it is. Not surprisingly, mine weighs in at 114.5 grams with 3 links removed. Based on a bit of research, it seems the gen weighs closer to 140g with same amount of links removed. I know, I know...gold/platinum weighs more than stainless. But this watch seems lightweight even for stainless. Assuming this is normal right??

What bracelet you have on it?

Sent from the RWI App

Rolliearf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Any tips for how to Franken this watch? Is it even a good base to start with?

I’d like to change the dial, datewheel, and crystal. I think that would make it so close to gen that you could not tell unless inspected.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Any tips for how to Franken this watch? Is it even a good base to start with?

I’d like to change the dial, datewheel, and crystal. I think that would make it so close to gen that you could not tell unless inspected.

Someone has successfully replaced the datewheel with a gen 3235 and I think I saw a post of someone using a gen Datejust II crystal. But no one seems to have replaced the dial yet. I'm not even sure gen DJ41 can even be found since it's still a rather new watch.

Reactions: gilrob and Razorig2

Bobi01

2/2/19
Is it safe to manual wind asian movements like 2824 or 7750 or it is better just to auto wind them? How do you wind your watches?

Streetiq

3/11/16
Is it safe to manual wind asian movements like 2824 or 7750 or it is better just to auto wind them? How do you wind your watches?
You can hand wind both without any issue.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Rolliearf

14/5/19
Someone has successfully replaced the datewheel with a gen 3235 and I think I saw a post of someone using a gen Datejust II crystal. But no one seems to have replaced the dial yet. I'm not even sure gen DJ41 can even be found since it's still a rather new watch.

No one has actually replaced the datewheel with a gen 3235 and proved it yet - there is only someone who said that their watchmaker did it but never received it.

The dial is easy to find - if it is confirmed that it can be changed then i will be doing this mod myself.

Reactions: Razorig2

louischenzo

3/2/19
kent,uk

mine is currently with my modder having a gen 3235 dw installed as an overlay and a gen crystal fitted, i will post pics on this thread once i’ve got it back.

Sent from the RWI App

Tmcguigan

Horology Curious
15/5/19
I have mine back with the 3235 fitted and its perfect as already mentioned previously it had the 2824 dw replaced with a 2836 dw then the 3235 on top on that, ill grab pics next few days but its superb, watch is perfect now :)

Rolliearf

14/5/19
I have mine back with the 3235 fitted and its perfect as already mentioned previously it had the 2824 dw replaced with a 2836 dw then the 3235 on top on that, ill grab pics next few days but its superb, watch is perfect now :)
Will believe it when i see some pics :)

Can you just snap one now? The watch is on your wrist right

I compared with the gen today and i noticed the gen crystal has the dw magnifier slightly closer to the edge. So i'm guessing the dial does not have the exact same dw window location? Otherwise it was very close. It's a great rep (other than dw thickness)

Tobel

6/7/17
No one has actually replaced the datewheel with a gen 3235 and proved it yet - there is only someone who said that their watchmaker did it but never received it.

The dial is easy to find - if it is confirmed that it can be changed then i will be doing this mod myself.

Dial easy to find? I'm curious where. Datejust II dials would be easy to find, but I haven't seen any Datejust 41 dial so far

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Dial easy to find? I'm curious where. Datejust II dials would be easy to find, but I haven't seen any Datejust 41 dial so far

Ebay, there are dozens of them just make sure they are genuine and no aftermarket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

6/7/17
Ebay, there are dozens of them just make sure they are genuine and no aftermarket

That's my point, there are dozens of dials for DJ II 41mm, not for DJ 41. Or at least I haven't been able to find them. Care to share a couple of links please?

Reactions: Razorig2

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
ARF 126334 with GEN datewheel and Crystal

1a4eb22411ba2db3089cf13c843bc1f1.jpg

2aa4a25e3beaa170348f1c153727952b.jpg

225b2ad3529669fd8ef8f27e0f81765b.jpg

http://www.watch-portal.net/video/24/gen-rolex-3235-date-wheel-fit-as-overlay-to-eta-2824/

http://www.watch-portal.net/video/25/arf-126334-datejust-41-with-gen-datewheel-and-crystal/