• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Tt1988

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/19
There’s a comparison quite a few pages back on a blue gen and a blue arf. The arf looks pretty bang on from the video, all things considered.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Bokthoi

4/9/17
I honestly wouldn't worry about shades of blue/grey I've had my rhodium up against one in the window of an AD and my friends gen rhodium oyster perpetual and there was little to no difference in colour. And then you can factor in different lighting conditions I can't see anyone turning round to you and saying your dials 'shade' is off. Just enjoy a fantastic rep :)

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Finally arrived :) rehaut is slightly off but otherwise the fit and feel of this watch is superb, I can't recommend it enough! More pics to follow!
0740e91d2d64d8c373a114166a7549ec.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

This looks so good! The grey is really a good dial on the 41... I am close to pull the trigger but torn between the this and the 36... which either way ARF is pretty much bang on for both models... DW boldness aside

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Sigh.. but no matter how good the rest of the rep is, that dw font just kills it for me..

I know I've been complaining about the ARF dw font in several threads now, but it's just such a humungous waste when the rest of the rep is good. If they fix the accursed font size, I'll be the first to jump in and order multiple reps.

It isnt the best i agree. But, i am convinced there are batches being released, my one isnt that bad. I have seen some that are ridiculous. I would keep an eye on M2M and if you can get an okay one but thats the only reason your not pulling the trigger don’t let it be, the rest of the rep is insanely good - and it can always be modded to rectify the DW issue. You put a prof or gen xtal in one of these with a noob or gen DW you are in super rep territory for less than £900-1000. You wont get better for that price.

93c34496e589809317d092c8342017c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shortlegs

31/5/19
It isnt the best i agree. But, i am convinced there are batches being released, my one isnt that bad. I have seen some that are ridiculous. I would keep an eye on M2M and if you can get an okay one but thats the only reason your not pulling the trigger don’t let it be, the rest of the rep is insanely good - and it can always be modded to rectify the DW issue. You put a prof or gen xtal in one of these with a noob or gen DW you are in super rep territory for less than £900-1000. You wont get better for that price.

93c34496e589809317d092c8342017c8.jpg

Problem is, I'm not sure if I can find a local modder to work on my rep. So if there isn't one, and I order an ARF, and the DW font is terrible, is that reason enough for me to reject a QC? What if the rest of the rep is perfect? What if its a whole bad batch and all the reps have bad fonts?

Anyone has any advice on the above? Or should I hold out for now and pray that sometime down the line ARF starts releasing decent DWs again like they used to do?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
You will never buy a rep if you waiting for flawless rep... it will always be flaws,so you must know that you wear a rep,not a gen

shortlegs

31/5/19
You will never buy a rep if you waiting for flawless rep... it will always be flaws,so you must know that you wear a rep,not a gen

I totally understand there will be flaws, and for the most part I'm honestly not that picky. But I feel that few things are as an obvious tell as a poor DW font. Most other flaws require close scrutiny, magnification, or special knowledge to tell easily. But I think a poor DW font, naturally magnified by the cyclops, can be noticed rather easily, and by those who aren't even that into watches.

Reactions: Relaxo88

newrepper

13/6/18
Problem is, I'm not sure if I can find a local modder to work on my rep. So if there isn't one, and I order an ARF, and the DW font is terrible, is that reason enough for me to reject a QC? What if the rest of the rep is perfect? What if its a whole bad batch and all the reps have bad fonts?

Anyone has any advice on the above? Or should I hold out for now and pray that sometime down the line ARF starts releasing decent DWs again like they used to do?

I wouldn’t reject for the dw font because they’re probably all going to be bold, you would end having to wait for new qc and when you got it it would probably have the same issue again.

Tete

4/11/16
I honestly wouldn't worry about shades of blue/grey I've had my rhodium up against one in the window of an AD and my friends gen rhodium oyster perpetual and there was little to no difference in colour. And then you can factor in different lighting conditions I can't see anyone turning round to you and saying your dials 'shade' is off. Just enjoy a fantastic

The problem is not the color, REP the reflexes are a lot of sunshine and they are cheap. Rolex GEN uses dial deeper and more density.
REP when there is a lot of light is not good and cheap. Is problem :-(

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15

If its a bad batch then you will find the TD gets pissed off and will stop getting QC pics after you reject so many

I am sure you will find a modder on the forum if you look enough, EU, UK or USA have them. I chose mine as it was one of the better dw’s id seen and I think it looks better as it was serviced and centred which is a big deal with a bolder font. ARF will fix the DW, its a matter of when, it could be a long time.

Buzzo

Known Member
11/1/10
Any recommendations for a modder here in the US? I've contacted a few about addressing the date wheel and waterproofing, no one responds?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Hope the mod works out!

Still don't understand why ARF would produce a great rep but spoil it with a poor dw. Something that is such an instant tell, seems so simple to fix, but is left uncorrected. Such a waste..

Like all their Rolex reps, I’m starting to think
It’s their signature detail

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I don't know... I'm obviously new to this hobby, but of all the things that can be a rather instant tell, I would have thought a wrong DW font would be the worst.

Most of the other stuff may be missed by the regular Joe. Bad SELs, wrong case and lug shape, wrong crown position, colour of bezel insert, poor quality of indices and hands.. But the margin for error for these are larger, and it really takes an enthusiast or an expert, with macro lenses or loupes, and maybe comparing to a gen in hand, to tell the difference. DW font on the other hand.. it's just so obvious. And is the main reason I'm hesitating to buy any ARF reps.

People think DHGATE standard reps are good likeness to the real deal, so you’re worried about nothing.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Never known ARF to release good DW, you’ll wait forever. there are many modders you can send your watch to here on the forum, so what are you waiting for?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I totally understand there will be flaws, and for the most part I'm honestly not that picky. But I feel that few things are as an obvious tell as a poor DW font. Most other flaws require close scrutiny, magnification, or special knowledge to tell easily. But I think a poor DW font, naturally magnified by the cyclops, can be noticed rather easily, and by those who aren't even that into watches.

This makes no sense. If you’re not into watches how could you know how thick/bold a Rolex 3235 font is ment to be ?

My experience is this, mAny of my friends are into watches, hand that how I got in to high end reps. At the moment all of them own one or two Gen watches each, they still couldn’t tell you what what was wrong with any of the reps I’ve let them handle. That’s the truth of it. No one cares, no one knows the minuscule details, especially if they’ve had nothing to compare it to.

Reactions: freediver