• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

dnaleor

Horology Curious
20/2/15
Nice rollie.
What about dw, is it bold?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

I am not an expert, but yes I think it is too bold.
But the watch quality is really amazing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Just received my ARF DJ 41! Really happy, watch looks amazing! I am a beginner in the rep scene, only thing I have is a gen Breitling Chronomat Evolution and a noob yachtmaster.

The quality of the ARF bracelet feels really good, much better then the noob yachtmaster I have.

1d01465ef8a0367d6ee0f59a0e1a5d40.jpg

673e34ae5d8bd09b39e2764cbfaa64c4.jpg

be3dc51c8ea6d676c45ae2b211608971.jpg

c4111f710e6a95096808b2a0f9528b42.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Dial looks great ootb. Markers looks better compared to Noob and BP. But...DW still looks too bold. Some gens have bolder DWs but that is still too bold imo. Maybe someone with a gen DW can chime in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

adriankupferzundel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/18
dnaleor , that looks awesome! Getting mine on monday, really looking forward to it. In my opinion, we always look at magnified photos of the little too bold date and get too paranoid about it but on videos (and hopefully in real life) it always appears different I think.

Reactions: Tomj and gilrob

Cellchuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
dnaleor , that looks awesome! Getting mine on monday, really looking forward to it. In my opinion, we always look at magnified photos of the little too bold date and get too paranoid about it but on videos (and hopefully in real life) it always appears different I think.

That’s right.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I received mine yesterday. The watch is absolutely beautiful, feels amazing on the wrist, and is very close to gen. The DW does appear a tad bolder than it should be -- but it's not that noticeable on the wrist.

I will try to take photos this weekend.

Reactions: adriankupferzundel

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
BlackJaguar

Looks great!! A few questions I have for you:
How is the AR on the crystal, I hope it's not too reflective?
Is the Lume strong?
Does the weight of the watch feel solid ?
Does the date flip instantly at midnight?
Is the cyclops centred in line with the date window?

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Razorig2

Before I start answering your questions, just note that I also owned the REF DJ 41 (I bought it awhile ago and sold it) and this is WAAAAAYYYYY better than the REF. This feels like a gen DJ 41 and is MILES ahead. The watch also keeps great time and doesn't have a BS clone movement that needs immediate servicing.

Answers below:

Question: How is the AR on the crystal, I hope it's not too reflective?

Answer: The AR is similar to the Rolex crystal. Not absolutely clear like the Prof AR x 2,but not overly reflective. It's just right and the quality is very good. Better than most of the stock crystals. Honestly, you can get away with keeping it and no one would be the wiser. Obviously, as with any Franken projects, the more you switch out with the gen, the better the quality. But ARF has done a real great job with this built.

Question: Is the Lume strong?

Answer: Very strong. If you get prime sun exposure, or just charge it with you IPhone flashlight, the lume glows like it has lights on it. The lume is very well done. See the photos I posted.

Question: Does the weight of the watch feel solid ?

Answer: Quality is amazing. Feels solid and the bracelet is buttery smooth. Personally, I was not a fan of the REF Jubilee and although the case quality was great, in my humble opinion the ARF is way better. Also, the dial is just absolutely amazing. They really mimicked the color of the blue correctly. The REF was over saturated and almost had a purplish hue. You don't have that issue with the ARF. My buddy has a DJ 41 blue dial, and we compared this with his and the color was dead on. Honestly, other than the DW, it is hard to distinguish the feel of the watch and/or the dial color with a gen. Similarly, the way the bezel sparkles, and the quality of everything is just amazing.

Question: Does the date flip instantly at midnight?

Answer: So, at 11:59pm, you can see it slightly shift, but it doesn't flip until the minute marker hits 12:00pm. So, yes, the date flips instantly at midnight. People were complaining that this was an issue, but maybe it was overplayed by those who didn't actually own the watch?

Question: Is the cyclops centred in line with the date window?

Answer: Mine is, but that is because I QC'd to make sure of it. This is a QC issue which you have to be on the lookout for. Honestly, if ARF just freakin' had a better DW this would be a NWBIG (imo). I just hope ARF fixes the DW and provide a Jubilee option. If it does, I'll be the first to source it, so I can switch to it whenever I want.

In sum, though, I would give this watch a 98.5/100. The DW is the biggest issue. Otherwise, ARF really knocked it out of the park with this.

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Here they are. The watch is absolutely beautiful. Except for the DW, ARF really knocked it out of the park with this.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

Which TD?

I’m waiting on jubilee to pull the trigger !

Thank you, brother. And shout out to gilrob for the thoughtful comment. I acquired the watch from Ryan at InTime. I don't blame you for waiting for the Jubilee. I just couldn't wait any longer, and I have a super franken ARF DJ 36 with Jubilee, so I decided to pull the trigger.

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Razorig2

Before I start answering your questions, just note that I also owned the REF DJ 41 (I bought it awhile ago and sold it) and this is WAAAAAYYYYY better than the REF. This feels like a gen DJ 41 and is MILES ahead. The watch also keeps great time and doesn't have a BS clone movement that needs immediate servicing.

Answers below:

Question: How is the AR on the crystal, I hope it's not too reflective?

Answer: The AR is similar to the Rolex crystal. Not absolutely clear like the Prof AR x 2,but not overly reflective. It's just right and the quality is very good. Better than most of the stock crystals. Honestly, you can get away with keeping it and no one would be the wiser. Obviously, as with any Franken projects, the more you switch out with the gen, the better the quality. But ARF has done a real great job with this built.

Question: Is the Lume strong?

Answer: Very strong. If you get prime sun exposure, or just charge it with you IPhone flashlight, the lume glows like it has lights on it. The lume is very well done. See the photos I posted.

Question: Does the weight of the watch feel solid ?

Answer: Quality is amazing. Feels solid and the bracelet is buttery smooth. Personally, I was not a fan of the REF Jubilee and although the case quality was great, in my humble opinion the ARF is way better. Also, the dial is just absolutely amazing. They really mimicked the color of the blue correctly. The REF was over saturated and almost had a purplish hue. You don't have that issue with the ARF. My buddy has a DJ 41 blue dial, and we compared this with his and the color was dead on. Honestly, other than the DW, it is hard to distinguish the feel of the watch and/or the dial color with a gen. Similarly, the way the bezel sparkles, and the quality of everything is just amazing.

Question: Does the date flip instantly at midnight?

Answer: So, at 11:59pm, you can see it slightly shift, but it doesn't flip until the minute marker hits 12:00pm. So, yes, the date flips instantly at midnight. People were complaining that this was an issue, but maybe it was overplayed by those who didn't actually own the watch?

Question: Is the cyclops centred in line with the date window?

Answer: Mine is, but that is because I QC'd to make sure of it. This is a QC issue which you have to be on the lookout for. Honestly, if ARF just freakin' had a better DW this would be a NWBIG (imo). I just hope ARF fixes the DW and provide a Jubilee option. If it does, I'll be the first to source it, so I can switch to it whenever I want.

In sum, though, I would give this watch a 98.5/100. The DW is the biggest issue. Otherwise, ARF really knocked it out of the park with this.
Thanks for your review! Which movement did you go with?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk