• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Aplex

11/11/18
You realise you're buying a replica watch right? Here's my advice. Don't tap it. Even my Genuine watches make a bit of sound, albeit not as much as the video you linked. But who does that? I've tapped my watch once and that was because you said it haha... so chill that's fine. Wear the watch.

As for the squeaky noise, well that's probably because the hinges are new and are wearing in. What you can do is take the bracelet off the watch and give it an oil bath. Either with WD40 or Baby Oil. Search the forum for "oil bath" and you will find guides... but it really is simple. Chuck it in oil, for a few hours, take it out, and dry it, put it back on watch.

I recommend Ballistol oil.
much much better then WD40 wich isn’t a lubrication oil but a kind of cleaner.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/lifehacker.com/when-should-i-not-use-wd-40-5891936/amp

https://ballistol.com/about-us/

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
Sunburst on Silver Dial

e35d2ca2e5d2faf400b86fb6b2777da2.plist
1c8c01eaba5363bd96bc320f87f2c073.jpg
4d6f5ab8f2a053a6a05202bd6e7f7a0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Does anyone know if the GEN ETA2824-2 will fit this Watch?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Sure it will,every watch with eta clone can fit same eta movement ,many of them do this mod

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18

BlazinRolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
Anyone know when/if ARF will ever update the dw font?

At this point I’d rather get an RZF, BP or GMF based solely on that datewheel. I’m aware of the “tells” on the other watches but most of those flaws require close inspection or even the use of a loupe. I don’t care how great the rest of the ARF DJ41 is if the DW can be noticed from 10 feet away. Really annoying that they’ve had this issue for the better part of a year and looks like they have no plans to fix it!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Anyone know when/if ARF will ever update the dw font?

At this point I’d rather get an RZF, BP or GMF based solely on that datewheel. I’m aware of the “tells” on the other watches but most of those flaws require close inspection or even the use of a loupe. I don’t care how great the rest of the ARF DJ41 is if the DW can be noticed from 10 feet away. Really annoying that they’ve had this issue for the better part of a year and looks like they have no plans to fix it!

Well you could try asking a crystal ball - because that would be as reliable as anyone's opinion here. Why would they remake the date wheel when they are selling 1000s of them? Most people don't care that much, and those that care just get it replaced for £150. No-one knows what ARF will do. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

I asked a magic 8 ball online if ARF will update the datewheel? Since this question has never been asked before.

ARF.png

On a serious note, when ARF release the watch that's when everyone knows there is a new release. As the TD's start to get new versions and on occasion an advert. But it isn't common. No-one knows, it just happens... but they usually update because they're not selling very well. ARF DJ41 from what I gather from speaking to TD's is selling very well. They quite likely print date wheels in great HUGE batches and until they get through them all they will keep using the same ones. The new ones that replace the current date wheel might be worse... who knows!

Buy the watch, and learn to live with it, or buy the watch and buy a gen date wheel. Or don't buy the watch. Waiting for a new release that might never come isn't worth it imo.

Last edited:

BlazinRolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
Well you could try asking a crystal ball - because that would be as reliable as anyone's opinion here. Why would they remake the date wheel when they are selling 1000s of them? Most people don't care that much, and those that care just get it replaced for £150. No-one knows what ARF will do. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

I asked a magic 8 ball online if ARF will update the datewheel? Since this question has never been asked before.

ARF.png

On a serious note, when ARF release the watch that's when everyone knows there is a new release. As the TD's start to get new versions and on occasion an advert. But it isn't common. No-one knows, it just happens... but they usually update because they're not selling very well. ARF DJ41 from what I gather from speaking to TD's is selling very well. They quite likely print date wheels in great HUGE batches and until they get through them all they will keep using the same ones. The new ones that replace the current date wheel might be worse... who knows!

Buy the watch, and learn to live with it, or buy the watch and buy a gen date wheel. Or don't buy the watch. Waiting for a new release that might never come isn't worth it imo.

You went through the trouble of the 8 ball website to what? Look cool and snarky? I was asking a question that I thought someone may have heard rumors about. It happens all the time. People talk to their TDs and guess what? TDs talk to factories! Imagine that...

And no, that datewheel is gross and I’m not going to spend 35% of the watches cost to fix it.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
You went through the trouble of the 8 ball website to what? Look cool and snarky? I was asking a question that I thought someone may have heard rumors about. It happens all the time. People talk to their TDs and guess what? TDs talk to factories! Imagine that...

And no, that datewheel is gross and I’m not going to spend 35% of the watches cost to fix it.

You're asking a question that gets asked, almost daily. (That said, in this instance, it has been almost a week!)
Gotta reset the sign now... :(

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

Well, you could look at it that way.... but... I would suggest looking at it this way: you could A) spend [less] to have 60% of gen. Or you could B) spend [let's just say twice as much as A] and have 90% of Gen. Spending a couple extra bucks makes sense from this point of view.

Sure, you could say it's all fake anyways, it doesn't really matter. Buttt there is still a certain craftsmanship (yes, craftsmanship lol) to ARF datejusts- whether its dial, hands, bracelet, fluted bezel, whatever. Generally speaking, the other factories simply aren't on the same level (there are of course exceptions). I'd kind of think it's a waste when you can have a nearly perfect rep by upgrading the date wheel... and crystal as you should on any Rolex rep IMO.

The cost-value analysis is mostly made up in our heads anyways, so that's just my $.02. Even with the bold datewheel, I'd still say ARF is worth it. Besides, plenty of examples coming out with datewheels that are plenty livable. I got two... and two datewheels... and actually chose to keep em stock cus it didnt end up bothering me at all.

Saving my datewheels for frankens ;p

Anyways, just felt like sharing that point of view. Whatever you choose, enjoy :)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Did it fit out of the box or did you have to dl any modifications? How many seconds +- each day?

Sent from the RWI App

The movement fits, but you have to fix the hands to the movement as the pinion stack is different. Any SPD would vary for each ETA movement. It's probably not worth doing unless the A2824 gives up tbh. I don't really think I gained anything.

Reactions: adriankupferzundel

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Well, you could look at it that way.... but... I would suggest looking at it this way: you could A) spend [less] to have 60% of gen. Or you could B) spend [let's just say twice as much as A] and have 90% of Gen. Spending a couple extra bucks makes sense from this point of view.

Sure, you could say it's all fake anyways, it doesn't really matter. Buttt there is still a certain craftsmanship (yes, craftsmanship lol) to ARF datejusts- whether its dial, hands, bracelet, fluted bezel, whatever. Generally speaking, the other factories simply aren't on the same level (there are of course exceptions). I'd kind of think it's a waste when you can have a nearly perfect rep by upgrading the date wheel... and crystal as you should on any Rolex rep IMO.

The cost-value analysis is mostly made up in our heads anyways, so that's just my $.02. Even with the bold datewheel, I'd still say ARF is worth it. Besides, plenty of examples coming out with datewheels that are plenty livable. I got two... and two datewheels... and actually chose to keep em stock cus it didnt end up bothering me at all.

Saving my datewheels for frankens ;p

Anyways, just felt like sharing that point of view. Whatever you choose, enjoy :)

That's definitely a way to look at it! Now considering getting arf and gen dw after that comment...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
What part must be changed on this Watch to become a super rep in your opinion? Would a Prof crystal be sufficient enough or does it have to be a gen crystal? Has anyone done dw modification on this Watch and can tell what part I need to get?

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
What part must be changed on this Watch to become a super rep in your opinion? Would a Prof crystal be sufficient enough or does it have to be a gen crystal? Has anyone done dw modification on this Watch and can tell what part I need to get?

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Which parts must be changed on this Watch to become a super rep in your opinion? Would a Prof crystal be sufficient enough or does it have to be a gen crystal? Has anyone done dw modification on this Watch and can tell what part I need to get?
What is the cheapest way of modding the Watch to be more like gen in your opinion?

Sent from the RWI App

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Wow, you really are a total waste of time to speak to.

3 posts above your post is Dissemination who actually took the time to explain to you why, and what you should upgrade.

How about instead of expecting to be spoon-fed ALL the information. You click back in the thread and read? There is mention of what date wheel you need 100 times over. There is even crystal specification, however that is more obscure and I will give you that. Genuine Crystal - B25-318

As for where to source it, M2M or look out for dealers on here such as interaktiv Banana Split - both of these guys provide the forum with many gen items and it might be worth asking them.

But seriously, stop expecting to be spoon fed. The reason this thread is so long is because of people like you spamming the same inane shit over and over again. Go back 50 pages, read the last 50 pages. Get some clue about what you're talking, rather than just spam and take take take.