• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

andrewmb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/19
Sidenote: just swap a GEN dw, and it will look very good.

I've been wanting to that to mine but the 3235 dw seem rare to find having searched for the last couple of months. At this rate the ZF version will be out before I find one!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
If you keep the ARF DW, people might shout at you from the other side of the street: "Hey buddy, that fat DW ain't fooling anyone!"

Or... 99% of the human population wouldn't notice on a close inspection... It depends on who you ask and how logic you think.

If you get a gen DW it will be for your own sake. Other people in general won't notice or care.

We don’t buy reps for others (at least I don’t), we buy it to wear for our own pleasure and pride. The ARF DW is an eye sore, so I can’t personally see it the 2nd time. As you said, change it for yourself :D

Reactions: Akilles

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
I keep going back and fourth between replacing the dial on my Blue DJII....and putting on a silver dial with the blue numbers. I havent seen any rep examples of it, so i think i might be forced to buy a gen dial.

I purchased my watch from an M2M sale, and cannot find the thread (must have disappeared when the server crashed a while ago). I believe its a BP maker, with a swiss ETA.
1) will it accept a gen dial, gen crystal, and gen bracelet?
2) should I do a clark crystal versus a gen? I want to get the black hole effect
3) who is a good CONUS based watchmaker I can send this stuff to?

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
I've been wanting to that to mine but the 3235 dw seem rare to find having searched for the last couple of months. At this rate the ZF version will be out before I find one!

i got mine from a fellow member here - Banana Split , you can PM him to check it out. Or you can pm interaktiv , saw a couple of reviews on his nice work too.

Hope this helps.

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
We don’t buy reps for others (at least I don’t), we buy it to wear for our own pleasure and pride. The ARF DW is an eye sore, so I can’t personally see it the 2nd time. As you said, change it for yourself :D

yes indeed, i thought it was ok at first. but as you wear it daily its really an eye sore, so i decided to get it replaced. Other than the DW, i think ARF generally did a great job on the other aesthetics. The next mod i would actually consider is to change the hands to GEN thou.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
yes indeed, i thought it was ok at first. but as you wear it daily its really an eye sore, so i decided to get it replaced. Other than the DW, i think ARF generally did a great job on the other aesthetics. The next mod i would actually consider is to change the hands to GEN thou.

+ 1. Regarding mods, my suggestion is the following sequence:
- Gen crystal (if you specially have Blue, Rhodium, Black dial). Gen crystal contrast and shine of markers is amazing
- Gen dial
- Gen hands. ARF hands are great. But the lume markers in both dial and hands are too white compared to gen (see prior pics in this thread). I would do both dial and hands together. That way the lume intensity/color will also match

Reactions: Menyphazes

srhoque

28/11/18
I keep going back and fourth between replacing the dial on my Blue DJII....and putting on a silver dial with the blue numbers. I havent seen any rep examples of it, so i think i might be forced to buy a gen dial.

I purchased my watch from an M2M sale, and cannot find the thread (must have disappeared when the server crashed a while ago). I believe its a BP maker, with a swiss ETA.
1) will it accept a gen dial, gen crystal, and gen bracelet?
2) should I do a clark crystal versus a gen? I want to get the black hole effect
3) who is a good CONUS based watchmaker I can send this stuff to?

My 2 cents...Get the ARF DJ41. Case/Bracelet and build quality is much better than BP. Also it accepts all gen parts including bracelet.

The 116334 Arabic dial fits the ARF case with some mods to dial feet to go on a 2824 movement. Also, the Arabic dial is the only 1163xx dial (they are the old Datejust II dials) with chromalight lume, so it goes well with the ARF hands.

Regarding crystals - I have never used Clark. There is no substitute to gen, nothing matches Rolex crystal quality. I have used Prof crystals on APs, he is the only alternative I would consider (and he does make the b25-318-c2-c1 crystal)

Good luck with your build!!

Last edited:

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
The 3136 fits easily into the ARF DJ41 Case.

The only thing that needs to be modified is the date indicator seating to fit the back of the gen dial.
That is a fantastic news! Thank you so much.

One question, though. Do you think the crown height matches the gen 3136 stem height? Idk why but in pictures the ARF crown looks like its sitting a bit low.

Thank you, once again!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
That is a fantastic news! Thank you so much.

One question, though. Do you think the crown height matches the gen 3136 stem height? Idk why but in pictures the ARF crown looks like its sitting a bit low.

Thank you, once again!

I don't think that's going to be a big problem!

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
I don't think that's going to be a big problem!
My plan is to use these ARF 126334 V3 case to build a 116334 with a gen dial, gen hands, gen crystal, gen 3136 movement, gen crown and tube. Might even go for a gen bezel, if I can find a good one.

I wish they had a nice 904L 116334 case, but unfortunately they do not, so that's why I want to use the 126334 with oyster bracelet. I have all the parts ready, just waiting on a good base and I think the arf v3 with nicely defined lugs might be a good candidate. But heard that arf uses a thick spacer to fill the space between the dial and movement hence the movement sits lower, causing the crown position to be little lower as well.

Last edited:

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
sfbatman787 We are talking about two different watches. If you want to install a 116334 dial then you don't have to modify anything in the movement.

But I don't think the ARF DJ41 case is a good solution to build a DJII. As I said, they are two different watches!
Thank you for sharing this image. I didnt know that the two cases had different profiles from the side. Thought they just modified the endlinks, made the lugs thinner and more defined in the newer 1263xx version and fitted a 3235 in the case.

Appreciate this information.