• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
I've loved my SH3135 based watches. Makes it possible to install gen dials, hands, and datewheels. Can't do that with an ETA movement

Reactions: vcappp and stu00a

MikeWatchMuc

Renowned Member
31/7/15
Like some members Here said:

if it comes with an ETA clone I am in (for 2 watches). If it is a SA/SH I‘m out.

Reactions: Sdc83

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Maybe I'm being stupid but isn't this watch already available today it's on a couple of TD's websites it looks awesome

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Maybe I'm being stupid but isn't this watch already available today it's on a couple of TD's websites it looks awesome
The ones you are seeing are probably REF or Noob. Or could also be 36mm ARF.

pirates 07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/11
Anxious to read reviews by the experts once this releases. Have been looking at 41 dj's but willing to wait for superior version

carlosl

6/6/18
ARF will release the 41mm DateJust soon.

Only correct maker in the market, and will use 904L steel as usual.

The black dial one, only ARF make it correct, dark rhodium dial, not all black dial.

Looking forward to it!

201043fcavak3o2pxkbq3b.jpg

First, let me start by saying this is great news that there will be a fourth factory making the DJ41. Currently we have Noob, BP, and REF.

Second, let's not get ahead of ourselves by saying the ARF version is the best one so far. We simply do not know anything about it.
​​​

Noob is probably the most popular DJ41 rep currently. It has a solid and reliable movement, the date flips instantaneously, they have the correct "line" under the coronet on the crown, their dial colours are accurate, and build quality is great. They can improve on the hour markers (too short and fat)

BP is another DJ41 with a less reliable movement, but good colour replication on the dial. The markers can improve as well (too tall and thin)

REF is a new player in the DJ41 realm and it looks great. Dial colours are spot on (except blue), the build quality is solid, and the hour markers are accurate. Where the REF is lacking is an unproven movement with a date change that takes hours.

Here is to hoping the ARF DJ41 is NWBIG (e.g. a super rep!)

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
First, let me start by saying this is great news that there will be a fourth factory making the DJ41. Currently we have Noob, BP, and REF.

Second, let's not get ahead of ourselves by saying the ARF version is the best one so far. We simply do not know anything about it.
​​​

Noob is probably the most popular DJ41 rep currently. It has a solid and reliable movement, the date flips instantaneously, they have the correct "line" under the coronet on the crown, their dial colours are accurate, and build quality is great. They can improve on the hour markers (too short and fat)

BP is another DJ41 with a less reliable movement, but good colour replication on the dial. The markers can improve as well (too tall and thin)

REF is a new player in the DJ41 realm and it looks great. Dial colours are spot on (except blue), the build quality is solid, and the hour markers are accurate. Where the REF is lacking is an unproven movement with a date change that takes hours.

Here is to hoping the ARF DJ41 is NWBIG (e.g. a super rep!)

Thank you for your observations!

On top of that, my observations are the following:
- the noob and BP have left-justified DWO on all TD websites
- the BP oyster SEL isn't great
- REF movement.. that date disc alignment is left justified (and you can't do anything about it since the movement uses its own proprietary date disc) and there isn't spare parts for it

one thing that ARF datejust (36mm and that 41mm pictured) has been lacking is the finesse of the second hand. The gen second hand has a better-defined cylindrical circle in the centre of the pinion

bazbaz

20/7/18
Looking forward to this, maybe santa will get me it if im good :sFun_mischieviousbi

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Not a fan of the 41 mm DJ especially not jubilee (with the unhidden clasp) but I am looking forward to this release anyway!

Reactions: Theice79

machim

19/7/17
Looks promising. I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suux88

22/4/12
the real question is, will this jubilee fit other steel sports models (GMT? Daytona? Sub?)