• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I realise the bezel starts to have little cloudy patches with dust and loses a little shine through a few days, a little rinse solved the problem, but its really a bloody dust magnet and it gets irritating. Anyone has good cleaning tips for the flutted bezel to recommend? Im wearing mine as my daily office watch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

shortlegs

31/5/19
I realise the bezel starts to have little cloudy patches with dust and loses a little shine through a few days, a little rinse solved the problem, but its really a bloody dust magnet and it gets irritating. Anyone has good cleaning tips for the flutted bezel to recommend? Im wearing mine as my daily office watch.

Unfortunately it's like that even with the gen. Fluted bezels are like that.

Get another rep as a daily wear? Maybe with a smooth bezel?

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany

I’ve read the following tips in various threads:
cotton swabs with soap or
ammonia-free glass cleaner, then cloth with hot water...

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Unfortunately it's like that even with the gen. Fluted bezels are like that.

Get another rep as a daily wear? Maybe with a smooth bezel?
Well that's a bummer. I really like the weight on this as compared to my previous AP diver and Panerai. Guess I'll live with it, its still a brilliant piece ootb.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I’ve read the following tips in various threads:
cotton swabs with soap or
ammonia-free glass cleaner, then cloth with hot water...
Soap and hot water does clear it up but comes back within a day of wearing. Haven't come across the glass cleaner method, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Grillo

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Soap and hot water does clear it up but comes back within a day of wearing. Haven't come across the glass cleaner method, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice.

Like you, I also wear my DJ41 as daily office going model. As mentioned, fluted bezel is oil/finger print/dirt magnet, no way around it. Just use the ammonia free windex with lint free micro-fiber cloth and then soft wipe with hot water. Takes 5 mins but you get the shine back.

Another trick I have tried is: Use those computer monitor/phone screen alcohol wipes lying around in the office. They do remove dirt but I am not sure if they have any long term effect on the bezel.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Like you, I also wear my DJ41 as daily office going model. As mentioned, fluted bezel is oil/finger print/dirt magnet, no way around it. Just use the ammonia free windex with lint free micro-fiber cloth and then soft wipe with hot water. Takes 5 mins but you get the shine back.

Another trick I have tried is: Use those computer monitor/phone screen alcohol wipes lying around in the office. They do remove dirt but I am not sure if they have any long term effect on the bezel.

I have tried alcohol wipes, the ones used in hospitals, it leave lints all over the bezel and patches of watermarks(?), not very effective.

I have some window cleaner lying around, not sure its ammonia free. Will give it a try if it is. Thanks for your input as well.

Derpboi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/16
I was hesitant at first for the grey dial , but I am totally blown away by the way it reflects light and changes colour !
Thanks interaktiv for the amazing job as always :)
7df1db2db7bbdf350822950e98a7e4d3.jpg
f007dfa97eb4becc45e5a89e27a478c8.jpg
4656bbebace075a370cdbe18578ca2a6.jpg

sent from middle earth

Absolute stunning watch. If I may ask, where did you get a hold of the smooth bezel on jubilee? I've been looking for this one for ages, especially the ARF version as well. Who's your TD?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Absolute stunning watch. If I may ask, where did you get a hold of the smooth bezel on jubilee? I've been looking for this one for ages, especially the ARF version as well. Who's your TD?

You can buy the gen smooth 126300 bezel on eBay for $150. ARF makes only fluted version in DJ41 but you can install the gen smooth one on it.

anh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/20
Has anyone got a DJ recently???? I wanna buy one but they are having problems in China thefore they stop working

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Just got this AWESOME baby from interaktiv who installed:

Gen Date Wheel
Gen Crystal
Gen Crown

I'm already in love. These watches are awesome.

Also, thanks to the guy who made a GREAT WORK, never worked with a modder that competent. Sent pics/videos of each step, what a pleasure, definitely recommended!/QUOTE]

Thank you for the review. I was just wondering witch modder to reach out to regarding Rolex work.

Also, stunning piece! I have the same one but stock for now.

Last edited:

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I recently purchased the DJ41 for my wifes birthday. I tried it on today and noticed that the clasp closes the other way around than what I'm used to.

All of my watches close towards me when holding my arm in the normal position. Said Datejust closes away from me.

Is this correct for this model or did they just screw it up at the factory?

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
I recently purchased the DJ41 for my wifes birthday. I tried it on today and noticed that the clasp closes the other way around than what I'm used to.

All of my watches close towards me when holding my arm in the normal position. Said Datejust closes away from me.

Is this correct for this model or did they just screw it up at the factory?

the clasp is installed wrong on your watch. it should close towards you.

Reactions: Katarsis

Longatron12

Looking Around
15/7/19
My only issue with these is the lugs are to rounded compared to gen, which is a little sharper looking if you like... hard to explain tho...

Reactions: Tete

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
How does size 41 fits to small wrist guys? I have a vintage dj 36 and it really fits me well with this size. Is there any size comparison b/w 41 and 36?