• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
interaktiv thanks... finally gen DW installed

oYEFD.jpg

Last edited:

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I still can't understand the crown being in the wrong position. Would you care to explain or pic maybe?

The reason I say that is because the movements are different sizes, so the stem and crown sit in different positions. But now that I look, I don't see any difference. Maybe this doesn't apply to the Datejust.

But with Subs, for example, people have talked about the crown being in a better position with the 2824 vs 2836. Mind you, I have not paid much attention to this because it hasn't been something I've cared about. I'm just repeating what I've read so take it with a grain of salt. I could be mistaken.

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
200 + pages in this thread and no side by side comparison with gen. wish I could help but I don’t have a gen lol.

I have the rhodium and have compared with a gen (they only had gold version of course) and it’s really close.

Here are the most common flaws I’ve read about:

date wheel obviously- but a relatively easy fix.

rehaut - it’s good enough for me tbh.

hour markers - biggest flaw for me really. They’re too sharp on the ARF (common rep flaw).

fluted bezel - I’ve read that the ARF is plated with rhodium and it can flake off. Haven’t noticed this on mine and sceptical about it because why plate 904L ? seems to be relatively easy to get gen white gold bezels if you want to replace, but I don’t know if it’s an easy swap?

case shape and lugs - not going here really lol. It’s good enough for me/ I see no difference.

anything I’ve missed?

Reactions: leo6929

tdk1010

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/19
The reason I say that is because the movements are different sizes, so the stem and crown sit in different positions. But now that I look, I don't see any difference. Maybe this doesn't apply to the Datejust.

But with Subs, for example, people have talked about the crown being in a better position with the 2824 vs 2836. Mind you, I have not paid much attention to this because it hasn't been something I've cared about. I'm just repeating what I've read so take it with a grain of salt. I could be mistaken.

I see, thanks for the response.

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
200 + pages in this thread and no side by side comparison with gen. wish I could help but I don’t have a gen lol.

I have the rhodium and have compared with a gen (they only had gold version of course) and it’s really close.

Here are the most common flaws I’ve read about:

date wheel obviously- but a relatively easy fix.

rehaut - it’s good enough for me tbh.

hour markers - biggest flaw for me really. They’re too sharp on the ARF (common rep flaw).

fluted bezel - I’ve read that the ARF is plated with rhodium and it can flake off. Haven’t noticed this on mine and sceptical about it because why plate 904L ? seems to be relatively easy to get gen white gold bezels if you want to replace, but I don’t know if it’s an easy swap?

case shape and lugs - not going here really lol. It’s good enough for me/ I see no difference.

anything I’ve missed?

Well said. But that's the best DJ41 out there in the market right now i assume.

russell85

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/6/19
I got this from PT, but realised the bracelet is too big for my tiny wrist. What is the tool that I need to adjust? Or is there any household tools that I can use to adjust the size? Thanks in advance!

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
I got this from PT, but realised the bracelet is too big for my tiny wrist. What is the tool that I need to adjust? Or is there any household tools that I can use to adjust the size? Thanks in advance!

Just any small screwdriver that fits into the screw i suppose?

russell85

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/6/19
Also if anyone has photo of datejust plus a non bracelet combination pls do share!

Shadow_

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
11/6/09
so i've placed order for the arf DJ41, already thinking about mods, i am going to fit it for sure with a gen wimbledon dial, does the rep movement take it well?
Where could i source a gen\gen like crystal and a gen\genlike datewheel?
Is it possible to fit gen hands aswell?
thank you fam

Reactions: Bobi01

SKnight

8/7/19
Robi01 that looks stunning mate.

I originally wanted a grey dial, but after seeing your picture im in two minds.

Cheers

SKnight

8/7/19

Cheers

Bobi01

2/2/19

Cheers

If i would buy again,i would in two minds again between grey and blue.. you will not regret any of them ...

srhoque

28/11/18
If i would buy again,i would in two minds again between grey and blue.. you will not regret any of them ...

Agree with Robi01. Have both colors and the ARF dials are stunning (specially with sunburst outside). I have switched over to a gen Grey dial now.