• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stem issue : Submariner 116610 SS/SS KSF A2836

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Tripdog, your being watched and this is a warning-I would also remove that copy infringed photo-we have your info...

who is we ?

techindahaus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
CONUS
LOL, all that's happened is the bezel assembly and crystal have come off together - you need to dismantle them by separating the bezel ring from the retaining ring and the crystal gasket and the crystal. The bezel insert can be remove quite easily - even by somebody as stupid as Yepper - although he'd never be able to get it back together again.

Your not getting a rise out of me. It just sounds like your pissing off mods. Best of luck to you. Why dont you just move on?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Your not getting a rise out of me. It just sounds like your pissing off mods. Best of luck to you. Why dont you just move on?

I have no idea what you are talking about. You post a question on the forum asking about a problem you have with the crown on your watch and when I ask for more info about the problem you don't want to reply.

Then you post something about how the crystal and bezel assembly are all one piece on your watch, I tell you that you just need to separate the pieces and you can change the insert if you want. This piece of information seems to displease you.

I'll just let you get on with it, you seem to have all the answers at your finger tips.

If by your reference to 'mods' you mean Moderators, then I am a Moderator.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Wait so what is one single piece?
You can't take the bezel assembly off without taking the crystal off?
When you turn the bezel you are also moving the crystal? WTF? :D
Is it all one piece together? lol

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

No. . . .

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I also ordered this submariner. One hulk and one black one. These watches are half the price of a Noob or ARF and for that price really good looking. Let's see how they feel when they arrive.
Only the crown seems to be too big / too long or is it just me who thinks this?

techindahaus

21/9/18
CONUS

Thats exactly right. They cannot be removed from each other. If you tried, it would break it.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Yes, that's why when you set the bezel to 15, the ROLEX logo looks so big.

CHEMICALMAN

20/7/17
That keyless video is wild- Looks like a piece of cake to get to it!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Yes, that's why when you set the bezel to 15, the ROLEX logo looks so big.

Lol :D
Well when turning the bezel it would be weird when the loupe over the date would also turn. As long as this doesn‘t happen the watch is nice as long as you are not planning to mod it.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
My first time working on this maker.
Construction is way off. Crystal retaing ring top is wider than inside diameter of bezel.
Once you get all the pieces apart you cannot assemble it as you would with other ceramic subs.
Looks like you need to install crystal and gasket on case. Then place the 2 springs and 2 pins in case (yes 2 not 4, guess they come with only 2).
Then place greased gasket over that assembly and then press retaing ring down through the bezel gasket. I've spent quite a while with this bigger and I'm now at the point of pressing the retaing ring down. It's all backwards. Hope ring fits through bezel gasket without messing up gasket. They may be cheaper than ARF and NOIB, but there are reasons why

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
My first time working on this maker.
Construction is way off. Crystal retaing ring top is wider than inside diameter of bezel.
Once you get all the pieces apart you cannot assemble it as you would with other ceramic subs.
Looks like you need to install crystal and gasket on case. Then place the 2 springs and 2 pins in case (yes 2 not 4, guess they come with only 2).
Then place greased gasket over that assembly and then press retaing ring down through the bezel gasket. I've spent quite a while with this bigger and I'm now at the point of pressing the retaing ring down. It's all backwards. Hope ring fits through bezel gasket without messing up gasket. They may be cheaper than ARF and NOIB, but there are reasons why

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boom

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Went back fine- just intimidating as it was not what I was used to

By the way you had explained how it was constructed...I would very much doubt the water resistance of the watch.